Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 766 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 39  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam Radio on SiriusXM!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:36 am 
Former PJ Drummer

"thankless job"

im an appraiser. I get shit on daily at work.

Guess what? I have a choice not to be an appraiser!

Its called being professional.

Tim needs to at least watch an instructional video on it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:38 am 
Got Some
 YIM  Profile

62strat wrote:
"thankless job"

yeah dude, but the difference is that you're at risk of losing your job if you're unprofessional.

Have you thanked a taper today?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:40 am 
Former PJ Drummer

given2fly23 wrote:
62strat wrote:
"thankless job"

yeah dude, but the difference is that you're at risk of losing your job if you're unprofessional.

He should be too...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:47 am 
Former PJ Drummer
 WWW  Profile

I do wonder how many managerial enhancement courses Tim has been sent on..probably not many.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:22 am 
too drunk to moderate properly
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
I do wonder how many managerial enhancement courses Tim has been sent on..probably not many.

It's not really management that is his problem. He's got relatively few employees, and by all indications, they're happy.

I think it's public image, but he's got leeway. Who even know's Tim's name? A couple hundred people on here and at the Pit? All the people he pisses off probably add up to .00001% of Pearl Jam fans.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:27 am 
Former PJ Drummer

B wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

It's not really management that is his problem. He's got relatively few employees, and by all indications, they're happy.

I think it's public image, but he's got leeway. Who even know's Tim's name? A couple hundred people on here and at the Pit? All the people he pisses off probably add up to .00001% of Pearl Jam fans.

the people that help sell out their tours and buy their ridiculous legacy box sets...are the ones that do know his name and he does mock.

IM all for mocking pearl jam fans. I get embarrassed waiting in line for tickets just by listening in on what others are talking about. So i GET what Tim is saying. However, leave it up to RM to mock pearl jam fans. Thats not what he should be doing. We keep him employed because we are the idiots that care enough to sit around on a message board all day and argue about pearl jam all the while forking out money for stuff.

I've heard nothing but bad stories about the guy and shit he says to fans over the past 7-10 years. He's not only been a condescending ass over the internet/radio but also in public to fans faces.

I believe a bunch of fans were waiting outside ready for tickets to go on sale and he stated something like "go home losers" or something like that.

Point is, ill head the 10 club. Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:28 am 
Red Mosquito, my libido

B wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

I feel like making fun of fans on the radio show might increase that number though. There have to be non message board fans who have said "man, given to fly really hasn't sounded the same since 03...it's like rushed or something" and then they listen to AET and here a fan call in on it and then get ridiculed.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:28 am 
Red Mosquito, my libido

62strat wrote:
B wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

the people that help sell out their tours and buy their ridiculous legacy box sets...are the ones that do know his name and he does mock.

IM all for mocking pearl jam fans. I get embarrassed waiting in line for tickets just by listening in on what others are talking about. So i GET what Tim is saying. However, leave it up to RM to mock pearl jam fans. Thats not what he should be doing. We keep him employed because we are the idiots that care enough to sit around on a message board all day and argue about pearl jam all the while forking out money for stuff.

I've heard nothing but bad stories about the guy and shit he says to fans over the past 7-10 years. He's not only been a condescending ass over the internet/radio but also in public to fans faces.

I believe a bunch of fans were waiting outside ready for tickets to go on sale and he stated something like "go home losers" or something like that.

One of your more rational posts.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:32 am 
Former PJ Drummer

cutuphalfdead wrote:
62strat wrote:
B wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

One of your more rational posts.

you are NOT READING MY POSTS CLOSE ENOUGH!!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:16 am 
Unthought Known
 WWW  Profile

62strat wrote:
B wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Sober post?
:thumbsup:

Frank RIP

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:24 am 
Former PJ Drummer

noaheb wrote:
62strat wrote:
B wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Sober post?
:thumbsup:

Hilarious.

Let's define "sober" .... yea?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:26 am 
Unthought Known

What are the stories about Tim for those who aren't paying attention?

"Remember back the early days when you were young and thus amazed."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:29 am 
Red Mosquito, my libido

Riot Actor 25 wrote:
What are the stories about Tim for those who aren't paying attention?

When you criticize Pearl Jam he tells you that you should just start your own band, sell millions of records, and then you can do it how you want to.

He calls fans dorks and keyboard warriors. Which they may be, but that's besides the point. Don't insult the fan, and customer, base of the entity you draw a salary from.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:32 am 
Former PJ Drummer

apparently he may have a business/entertainment mgmnt background....

note to self: don't take business class from the university he attended.

http://umtentertainment.org/timbierman

Tim Bierman

Manager, Ten Club - Pearl Jam's Official Fan Organization

Tim Bierman has managed the Ten Club since 1998. In those years, he has taken an enthusiastic, start-up fan club and steered it toward a fiscally viable example of what a fan organization can be in today's volatile music industry climate.
Bierman began his career in music at the age of 14, playing in bands and hustling gigs in suburban St. Louis. At 18, he left the midwest and headed to Montana for college. There he found his place on the staff - and later as an owner of - Rockin Rudy's Records. Bierman spent the next seventeen years there as buyer and manager. After a brief stop in San Francisco at Amoeba Records, he moved to Seattle to help his old Montana friend, Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament, find a new direction for the Ten Club.
Along the way, Bierman has directed the launch of pearljam.com and developed the proprietary infrastructure that runs one of the industry's most successful sites. Bierman has been instrumental in developing Pearl Jam's legendary bootleg programs and oversees production for Pearl Jam's Monkey Wrench record label.
Ten Club has been the official Pearl Jam fan organization since the 1991 release of the band's seminal debut album, Ten. An extension of the band's gratitude to its passionate fan base, Ten Club's priority has always been to take care of the fans first. Through providing up to the minute information on the band's music, tour schedules, side projects, philanthropic endeavors, etc., Ten Club has grown into a successful, interactive fan club model that is highly regarded throughout the music industry.
In addition to being a resource for all things "Pearl Jam." Ten Club has also built an exclusive merchandising and ticketing arm that provides members with access to limited edition collectibles, digital bootlegs and priority pre-sale ticketing to Pearl Jam engagements. Starting out as a mail-order "paper" fan club, Ten Club has continually evolved to meet the fans' needs and become what it is today

I'm sure he'd be a nice guy to drink some beers and hang with....however, i dont do that with him. He is the PR face of the 10club so.... you know

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:36 am 
Red Mosquito, my libido

He's turned it into a world class organization indeed.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:36 am 
Former PJ Drummer

How did that lead to managing the fan club?

One day I went to L.A. to go to a Sonics-Lakers playoff game with Jeff Ament [who I know from Montana], and he told me that they needed someone with a retail background who understood music fans to take over the Ten Club. He actually said, "You know what we need? We need a Tim Bierman." I obviously knew where they could find a perfectly good—if not a slightly used—Tim Bierman. Before I knew it, I was in Seattle interviewing for the job.

No chance in hell he understands how ridiculous fans are....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:39 am 
Red Mosquito, my libido

I will say this about the Ten Club though, they did come through for me when I had a problem with tickets in 2006. When the online sale went down I logged into my account and for some reason it told me I wasn't a member. So I called them right then and there and talked to someone pretty quickly. They went in, looked at it, realized it was wrong and fixed it right away. By then the site said tickets were sold out or unavailable, but he told me pretty much exactly when to check again because they were releasing more so I was able to get them.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:43 am 
Former PJ Drummer

cutuphalfdead wrote:
I will say this about the Ten Club though, they did come through for me when I had a problem with tickets in 2006. When the online sale went down I logged into my account and for some reason it told me I wasn't a member. So I called them right then and there and talked to someone pretty quickly. They went in, looked at it, realized it was wrong and fixed it right away. By then the site said tickets were sold out or unavailable, but he told me pretty much exactly when to check again because they were releasing more so I was able to get them.

I honestly believe 10club does what they can when they can....they do deal with a shit ton of douchery fans and a shitty server (who's fault that is? im not sure) but they come through when they can.....

So thats cool.

Still...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:47 am 
Master of Meh

Oh yeah, I have zero complaints about how 10C have treated me personally - they've been really great any time I've had any real reason to contact them.

I forgot to renew and they let me have my old (still crappy) number back once and when I got double-charged for EV tickets a few months back they were really helpful in getting it sorted out, they stayed in constant contact with me.

So, I'm cool with 10C. I get the impression they don't have a huge budget to work with and lots of the delays and non-communication that we get frustrated with is the fault of the band/management not giving them the go-ahead, so often people are venting at the wrong folks.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:58 am 
a joke

62strat wrote:

Let me preface this by saying I really do like strat, and this is a good post...

but does anyone instantly think "strat" when they think of the phrase "fan boy"? strat is exactly guy i would assume is in the line talking about the time he met kelly curtis, or saw the one time the performed that one song at 8/9 speed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 766 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 39  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam