Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:54 pm 
Force of Nature

Hatfield wrote:
...it is still fucking RITFW. It is on every other bootleg for the last 4 tours. WTF?!

Giving us a live staple as a Christmas single? I don't get it.

Same here. Does this mean we can expect a live version of Even Flow and Alive in the future?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:55 pm 
AnalLog

jcfrank2 wrote:
Hatfield wrote:
...it is still fucking RITFW. It is on every other bootleg for the last 4 tours. WTF?!

Same here. Does this mean we can expect a live version of Even Flow and Alive in the future?

i hope we get even flow w/ john popper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:31 pm 
Resident Frat Dick

warehouse wrote:
jcfrank2 wrote:
Hatfield wrote:

i hope we get even flow

9/16/96, 7/21/98, 7/22/98, 11/5/00, 11/6/00, 12/5/02, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 5/30/03, 10/22/03, 9/24/04, 3/18/05, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 7/23/06, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 9/26/09, 9/25/11

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:02 am 
Banned from the Pit

conoalias wrote:
these singles are getting worse with the year. very disappointing.

as if deep vol II wasn't bad enough....

hey santos ...ESAD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:08 am 
Global Moderator

warehouse wrote:
jcfrank2 wrote:
Hatfield wrote:

I was there. that was awesome

The perfect gift for certain occasions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:15 am 
Unthought Known
 WWW  Profile

stip wrote:
warehouse wrote:
jcfrank2 wrote:
Hatfield wrote:

I was there. that was awesome

and wet!

Frank RIP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:41 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 WWW  Profile

mowbs wrote:
Interesting. I think many predicted the RITFW with Bono. Kinda weak.

But I guarantee that 'Love Reign' won't be getting released on any soundtrack or anything if it's on here.

it's reported on a couple website that the song is going to be on the soundtrack of sandler's movie...it's in the trailer as well...you don't think it will be on that movie soundtrack?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reign_Over_Me

EDIT:

Pearl Jam's annual holiday single for members of its Ten Club fan organization will feature a pair of classic rock covers: the Who's "Love Reign O'er Me" and Neil Young's "Rockin' in the Free World," the latter recorded live at the Make Poverty History benefit in Melbourne in November with U2's Bono and the Edge guesting.

As first reported here, the Who cover will appear in the upcoming Adam Sandler/Don Cheadle film "Reign Over Me," which opens March 9 in U.S. theaters. It was produced by Brendan O'Brien, his first work with the group since he remixed three songs from the "Ten" album for the 2004 compilation "Rearviewmirror."

Billboard.com understands there will not be a commercially released soundtrack from the film. However, "Love Reign O'er Me," which is marked by a long piano intro and ferocious screaming from frontman Eddie Vedder, has already begun garnering airplay on rock stations such as KISW-Seattle and WMMR-Philadelphia, prompting speculation it may be made available for sale as a digital download at some point in the future.

According to a post on Pearl Jam's Web site, the fan club single will hit mailboxes "sometime in February." Meanwhile, Pearl Jam is rumored to be returning to the road this summer, but no details have yet been announced.

:wave:

Check us out - THE RODDIES

EllisEamos wrote:
they're fuckin' losers!!! they (patriots) deserved to be boo-ed!!!

:haha:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:04 am 
Stone's Butch

This is the most predictable shit ever. Well played again 10C!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:35 am 
Global Moderator

I'm thrilled for Love Reign... and if you are a U2 fan, which I am, the thing with bono and edge was fun. I'd rather have an avocado b-side, but I still think this is their best fan club single since the one with last soldier, and that was 5 years ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:14 am 
Stone's Bitch

stip wrote:
I'm thrilled for Love Reign... and if you are a U2 fan, which I am, the thing with bono and edge was fun. I'd rather have an avocado b-side, but I still think this is their best fan club single since the one with last soldier, and that was 5 years ago.

I agree.

Post subject: Single
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:44 pm 
Banned from the Pit

I would have loved to hear the other year Hunger Strike with Chris Cornell live, given that a similar Miracles was already on Bennaroya.

Post subject: Re: Single
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:56 pm 
Of Counsel

MDuchek wrote:
I would have loved to hear the other year Hunger Strike with Chris Cornell live, given that a similar Miracles was already on Bennaroya.

It's out there on boots. Cornell's voice is bad on it, and it's good that they chose to release Reach Down instead. Mike's guitar is awesome on that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:52 am 
Unthought Known

for me im only happy about ritfw being on there because i was there. if you werent there it would have been shite, but being there it was ok, kinda fitted with the make poverty history theme but still bono is a twat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:40 am 
Force of Nature

tommyphillips wrote:
for me im only happy about ritfw being on there because i was there. if you werent there it would have been shite, but being there it was ok, kinda fitted with the make poverty history theme but still bono is a twat

well said :thumbsup:

Post subject: Re: New Christmas Single Details
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:26 am 
Got Some

indiansummer wrote:
http://pearljam.com/news/index.php?what=News#158

ANNUAL SINGLE NEWS
Many of you have been asking about the holiday single release...Is it out yet? When will it be released? Well...Not yet, but the songs have been selected, so we can at least give you something to curb your appetite until it lands on your doorstep. Artwork is waiting approval and will be posted soon, as well.

The 2005 Annual Single will include:

Side A- Love Reign O'er Me written by Pete Towshend, performed by Pearl Jam from the upcoming Sony Motion Picture Reign Over Me.
Side B- Rockin in the Free World written by Neil Young, performed by Pearl Jam, featuring Bono and The Edge from U2 from the Make Poverty History concert in Melbourne, Australia.

As to be expected in this technologically advanced society, Love Reign O'er me has found it's way to the radio airwaves already...so, the good news is you won't have to wait to hear the song. We promise we are working hard to have the Ten Club 7-inch printed, pressed and on it's way to you sometime in February.

I'll give the 10 Club this much...at least they didn't use that "a little birdy said" bullshit that they used over and over and over when they were painfully releasing the legs of the '06 tour one at a time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:45 pm 
too drunk to moderate properly
 WWW  Profile

Do we have odds on the single ACTUALLY coming out in February? 10C has a history of missing the deadlines that they give themselves.

Post subject: Re: New Christmas Single Details
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:56 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

LeninFlux wrote:
indiansummer wrote:
http://pearljam.com/news/index.php?what=News#158

ANNUAL SINGLE NEWS
Many of you have been asking about the holiday single release...Is it out yet? When will it be released? Well...Not yet, but the songs have been selected, so we can at least give you something to curb your appetite until it lands on your doorstep. Artwork is waiting approval and will be posted soon, as well.

The 2005 Annual Single will include:

Side A- Love Reign O'er Me written by Pete Towshend, performed by Pearl Jam from the upcoming Sony Motion Picture Reign Over Me.
Side B- Rockin in the Free World written by Neil Young, performed by Pearl Jam, featuring Bono and The Edge from U2 from the Make Poverty History concert in Melbourne, Australia.

As to be expected in this technologically advanced society, Love Reign O'er me has found it's way to the radio airwaves already...so, the good news is you won't have to wait to hear the song. We promise we are working hard to have the Ten Club 7-inch printed, pressed and on it's way to you sometime in February.

I'll give the 10 Club this much...at least they didn't use that "a little birdy said" bullshit that they used over and over and over when they were painfully releasing the legs of the '06 tour one at a time.

Euh...

they haven't entirely given up on the birdy I'm afraid:

A little birdy told us that you can hear the stream of Love Reign O'er Me on Pearl Jam's myspace page at

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=229445

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:00 pm 
Global Moderator

that stream is pretty good quality. Makes the song even better and I'd been listening to the crappier rips pretty constatnly the last few days

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:08 pm 
Global Moderator

why does myspace play a little bit and then stop. And can I get an answer slightly morehelpful than because it sucks (which is true)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:26 pm 
Unthought Known
 WWW  Profile

stip wrote:
why does myspace play a little bit and then stop. And can I get an answer slightly morehelpful than because it sucks (which is true)?

im gonna say it depends on how much traffic at the time and what server it happens to be on? yes? maybe? just a guess...
also this version has a lot of digital burps throughout it and it skips towards the end and plays the last 15 secs or so again...tho it is a bit clearer

Frank RIP

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam