Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam and drugs.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:40 am 
Red Mosquito, my libido

Mirella wrote:
I think alcohol is the main danger for Pearl Jam, drugs wise. And to me, drugs and Pearl Jam are related in this way: during the 2000 tour I was really shocked/disappointed in how reliant some of the touring fans were on drugs. Not all, but some, and they were pretty wasted the whole time... That's all.

groetjes,
Mirella :)

I don't see why this suprised you. Pearl Jam fans aren't that different than any other community. Lots of people do drugs everywhere.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:46 am 
Stone's Bitch
 WWW  Profile

I had hoped they would be wiser.

groetjes,

93 Rdm2x 96 D L2x Ber Gro Ams Par Zür 00 L2x D Gla Man Car Par Pin Pra Kat2x Sal Lju Ver Ber Ham Ros L 01 BSB2x Sea2x 06 D Arn Ant Bern Bol Ver Mil Tor Pis Pra Ber Vie Zag 07 L Düs Nij Wer 09 L Rdm Ber Man L 10 D Belf L Ber 12 Am2x EV:Am2x

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:47 am 
Red Mosquito, my libido

fair enough

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:51 am 
Supersonic

Diiferent or not, it's a bit sad.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:30 pm 
Force of Nature

Really? most of the Pearl Jam fans I know in real life are massive nerds (in a positive way, of course) then again I've never been to a show (yet).

I am loving this Matt chat so much, I vaguely remember reading it about a million years ago. some intelligent questions there...

Quote:
Marcus - Matt. What can you tell us about "90" clothes?
MattCameron - marcus: sweaty flannel.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:13 am 
Stone's Bitch
 WWW  Profile

There are many different people who love Pearl Jam and go to concerts. I like to hang around with as many different people as possible. And when you see people a couple of days or weeks, you'll start noticing things like addiction. And it really bothered me. But that's life ;).
During the last tours you could divide the touring people into basically two groups: the loud and drinking ones and the more quiet 'normal' ones. Once inside of the venues, there was no difference :).

groetjes,

93 Rdm2x 96 D L2x Ber Gro Ams Par Zür 00 L2x D Gla Man Car Par Pin Pra Kat2x Sal Lju Ver Ber Ham Ros L 01 BSB2x Sea2x 06 D Arn Ant Bern Bol Ver Mil Tor Pis Pra Ber Vie Zag 07 L Düs Nij Wer 09 L Rdm Ber Man L 10 D Belf L Ber 12 Am2x EV:Am2x

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:16 am 
Johnny Guitar
 ICQ  Profile

When i went to the US for the 2000 tour I was quite surprised at the lack of fear in carrying pot through airports and smoking it out in the open at concerts. Things have probably changed since then as far as airports go over there (or maybe not), but its not something i noticed to be quite so glaringly obvious at Australian shows. Not that it bothers me but interesting to note.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:22 am 
Red Mosquito, my libido

longroad wrote:
When i went to the US for the 2000 tour I was quite surprised at the lack of fear in carrying pot through airports and smoking it out in the open at concerts. Things have probably changed since then as far as airports go over there (or maybe not), but its not something i noticed to be quite so glaringly obvious at Australian shows. Not that it bothers me but interesting to note.

I don't know about other parts of the country, but I've never seen anyone get too hassled for weed at a concert in new england. I'm sure it's happened, but I don't see it and I've never had a problem with just smoking a joint at a show.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:03 am 
Force of Nature

adamdude wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
nepal wrote:
62strat wrote:
nepal wrote:
Quote:
I think Mike was the only one fucked up during the binaural period, and he didnt do shit for writing so...

I was under the impression that Mike was drug-free by the time Mad Season released Above in 1995. Wasn't that the project to celebrate him quitting drugs?

he relapsed again around 2000

I had never heard about this before! Have the guys mentioned this somewhere, or where have you got this information?

I remember hearing that too.

I believe in 2000 it was prescription drugs that he got fucked up on, whereas back in the early 90's it was alcohol and cocaine.

Alcohol and cocaine. Yummmm. :twisted:

Anyone know of any particular shows where some or all of the members were obviously totally fucked on drugs and/or alcohol?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:45 am 
Cameron's Stallion
 WWW  Profile

Irving wrote:
adamdude wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
nepal wrote:
62strat wrote:
nepal wrote:
Quote:
I think Mike was the only one fucked up during the binaural period, and he didnt do shit for writing so...

I was under the impression that Mike was drug-free by the time Mad Season released Above in 1995. Wasn't that the project to celebrate him quitting drugs?

I had never heard about this before! Have the guys mentioned this somewhere, or where have you got this information?

I believe in 2000 it was prescription drugs that he got fucked up on, whereas back in the early 90's it was alcohol and cocaine.

Anyone know of any particular shows where some or all of the members were obviously totally fucked on drugs and/or alcohol?

the Singles show where they played Solat, Baba and RITFW

13/11/06 Melbourne, 20/11/09 Melbourne

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:46 pm 
Force of Nature

adamdude wrote:
Irving wrote:
adamdude wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
nepal wrote:
62strat wrote:
nepal wrote:
Quote:

hahaha Yup. You are correct. Pretty terrible performance too. lol If PJ still played like this they would have ended their career long ago.

Can we beat this? Is there any footage where Ed is more drunk than at this singles performance?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:48 pm 
Supersonic

Irving wrote:
adamdude wrote:
Irving wrote:
adamdude wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
nepal wrote:
62strat wrote:
nepal wrote:
Quote:

hahaha Yup. You are correct. Pretty terrible performance too. lol If PJ still played like this they would have ended their career long ago.

Can we beat this? Is there any footage where Ed is more drunk than at this singles performance?

Animal and RITFW at the MTV awards were pretty bad, and i think that 93 Mudfest show, can't remember where it was though...anyway, very drunk Ed.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:57 pm 
AnalLog

Irving wrote:

take me out to the ballgame

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:09 pm 
Force of Nature

warehouse wrote:
Irving wrote:

take me out to the ballgame

Haha I love that one! Seems like the kinda guy I want to party with. "Let's sing it for Harry!" Also, I swear he says "penis and crack" instead of "peanuts and cracker jacks" Am I right?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:31 am 
Reissued
 WWW  Profile

drunk and pearl jam reminds me of cincy 2006 and robert pollard coming out to help sing baba completely trashed and fucking up a few times.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:57 am 
Force of Nature

Patrick Bateman wrote:
Irving wrote:
adamdude wrote:
Irving wrote:
adamdude wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
nepal wrote:
62strat wrote:
nepal wrote:
Quote:

Animal and RITFW at the MTV awards were pretty bad, and i think that 93 Mudfest show, can't remember where it was though...anyway, very drunk Ed.

He was definately more than "drunk" there....he was high as a muthafuckin kite!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:03 am 
Supersonic

viper271 wrote:
Patrick Bateman wrote:
Irving wrote:
adamdude wrote:
Irving wrote:
adamdude wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
nepal wrote:
62strat wrote:
nepal wrote:
Quote:

He was definately more than "drunk" there....he was high as a muthafuckin kite!

Yeah that might very well be true, although he really looks drunk on the MTV thing. I only said drunk because i don't know enough to guess what he may have been on. Something strong anyway, or he took way too much of it. :P

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:33 am 
Johnny Guitar

the most obvious performance where they were all charged up to the max was pinkpop 92. must have been some damned good coke haha because its so obvious, esp on the closeups to ed!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:24 am 
Stone's Bitch
 WWW  Profile

I still believe you can have that pure naturally 8).

groetjes,

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:11 pm 
Father Bitch

Mirella wrote:
I still believe you can have that pure naturally 8).

groetjes,

In a perfect world.......

The truth is that the history of music would be incredibly different without the influence of drugs. Who knows, maybe it'd be better, but I highly doubt it. For some it's a sad reality. For me, whatever dude, just give me some great tunes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam