Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 108  Next

Favorite Song on Yield
Brain of J 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Faithful 10%  10%  [ 8 ]
No Way 9%  9%  [ 7 ]
Given To Fly 20%  20%  [ 15 ]
Wishlist 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Pilate 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Do the Evolution 21%  21%  [ 16 ]
Red Dot 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
MFC 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Lowlight 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
In Hiding 18%  18%  [ 14 ]
Push Me/Pull Me 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
All Those Yesterdays 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 75
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:06 pm 
Johnny Guitar

The album that made me a real Fan,
It's the greatest and i think they'll have a hell of a problem
topping it in the years to come.

Post subject: Re: YIELD - Reaquainted.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:13 pm 
Force of Nature

PJ addict wrote:
Last saturday I was driving to school and it's about a 35 to 40 minute drive.

I popped Yield in to my CD Player and listened to the whole album from start to finish. I virtually never have the patience to do that anymore. I usually skip around and find the songs I want to hear and that's the end of it.

As I listened, I was blown away at how amaizing this record still is. I loved it when it first came out and then it fell off the charts in favor of newer stuff and a new love affair that I have been brewing with Ten.

Since then, I have not taken the disc out of my player in the car.

Anyone else "re-discover" this gem lately?

From Brian of J to Hummus, I take an emotional ride and fall in love with these songs in a new and incredibly beautiful way.

I have been playing All those Yesterdays virtualy non stop. That song has always been special for me anyway. :D

Welcome to the light....

Now you need to go out and get Single Video Theory if you don't have it already. :)

Cal Varnsen wrote:
FYI...Synergy is way better than this place

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:33 am 
Got Some

I realized yesterday that it is indeed the album with the very best production in the PJ catalogue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:27 am 
Force of Nature

that was a fairly large bump!

Anyway my iPod doesn't lie and this is my most played PJ album - I think mainly because you can just play it from the start and you never want to stop it until the last hummus. I don't think there is any other album where my mind might wander and say - that's enough - no code comes close.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:48 am 
Supersonic

even down to the album art, yield is pearl jam's masterpiece

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:48 am 
Banned from the Pit

Although No Code has always been my personal favorite, I find it hard to put Yield in the #2 position. An album like that doesn't deserve that label.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:46 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

It's my very favourite album by any artist. I love every second on it. From the 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 until Hummus. There hasn't been a week I haven't listened to it since I first bought it. I won't try to describe what's so good about it, cause it would lead me way too far. maybe one day when I have lots of time I will.

(No Code is my second favourite)

also I'd like to point out the beauty of Single Video Theory which adds another level to the warm and special atmosphere Yield has.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:58 pm 
Supersonic

Angus wrote:
also I'd like to point out the beauty of Single Video Theory which adds another level to the warm and special atmosphere Yield has.

100% agree

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:00 pm 
Camden Crew

best album by far.

the others arent even close.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:03 pm 
Banned from the Pit

"simply the best" (as said by tina)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:21 pm 
Interweb Celebrity

Cal Varnsen wrote:
best album by far.

the others arent even close.

We gotta watch our backs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:54 pm 
Supersonic

Mitchell wrote:
triggercut wrote:
My fav album of all time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:05 pm 
Force of Nature

It was a good record but much like No Code I found the subsequent tour lacking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:12 pm 
Global Moderator

There is an intimate side to Yield that I find appealing, and there aren't any bad songs on it (although some of them aren't great)--but for me it's always been firmly stuck at number four--the best work in the back half of their catalogue but missing something that Ten Vs and Vitalogy all had. There was a searching and desperation to those albums that gave them a vitality and sense of importance that is missing on yield. If you put on Yield you're going to get a great and fun rock record, but if you put on Ten you get a great record that also feels important--and Yield just doesn't do that for me.

The perfect gift for certain occasions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:14 pm 
Stone's Bitch

I'm partial to Vitalogy, but I think more so for the time of my life that I was right into it... you know from 94 until, well...today 8)

let's just see what the morning brings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:31 pm 
Force of Nature

Yield is an all round great album. Certaintly one of my all time favourites.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:04 pm 
Force of Nature

stip wrote:
There is an intimate side to Yield that I find appealing, and there aren't any bad songs on it (although some of them aren't great)--but for me it's always been firmly stuck at number four--the best work in the back half of their catalogue but missing something that Ten Vs and Vitalogy all had. There was a searching and desperation to those albums that gave them a vitality and sense of importance that is missing on yield. If you put on Yield you're going to get a great and fun rock record, but if you put on Ten you get a great record that also feels important--and Yield just doesn't do that for me.

That's a nice point but I also feel that it is this that makes yield special and it says it on the label - they just chilled out and made good music which doesn't wear thin after repeated listening. Stripped back, sparse but very good production makes it amazing. The drum sounds are amazing, the bass is so warm, the guitars so crisp the vocals perfect...and when it drops out to piano on low light that is just amazing. The songwriting is great and varied and you have to digest each song in its entirity once hearing the opening notes - I don't think I have ever skipped halfway through a yield song that would be sacriledge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:14 pm 
Interweb Celebrity

the law wrote:
stip wrote:

That's a nice point but I also feel that it is this that makes yield special and it says it on the label - they just chilled out and made good music which doesn't wear thin after repeated listening. Stripped back, sparse but very good production makes it amazing. The drum sounds are amazing, the bass is so warm, the guitars so crisp the vocals perfect...and when it drops out to piano on low light that is just amazing. The songwriting is great and varied and you have to digest each song in its entirity once hearing the opening notes - I don't think I have ever skipped halfway through a yield song that would be sacriledge.

also, it came after no code, a very shaky time for the group.

We gotta watch our backs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:17 pm 
Johnny Guitar

I Obviously love it!

Middle Pearl Jam ( basically MerkinBall to Last Kiss single ) is my fave era of PJ so far ( in the studio ) They became so organic, and melodic. Thinhs turned abit darker from 2000.

Yield is their lightest record by far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:30 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Yield is a great album. Not my fave by PJ, but not my least fave, either. It has great music, good lyrics and the track flow is done really well.

Brain of J- Awesome rocker! On of the best album openers PJ has

Faithfull- Great song. My favorite of the album. Good dynamics within the song.

No Way- Not a favorite. I'll listen to it maybe 1 out of 5 times I listen to the album. It just seems boring to me.

Given to Fly- At first, I liked this song. I grew tired of it really quickly. I don't like the ripped-off Zep melody for the verses and it's one of the songs I hope they don't play when I see them live.

Wishlist- Good song. Love the flow of the song, and the music has an innocence maintained in the lyrics.

Pilate- I've liked this song since the GtF single. I like the quirkiness of the chorus and I love the chord progression in the bridge.

Do the Evolution- Great song. Love the message in the lyrics. I like the off-time intro and how it leads into the band kicking it in. Fun tune.

The Color Red- haven't listened to it since the first time I heard the whole album. And I never will.

MFC- Love this song. The music matches the feeling of escape in the lyrics. A well crafted song.

Low Light- I like this one ok. It's not the worst song on the album, but it does kinda get old with me. I do like the odd time signature.

In Hiding- Great song. They don't play this one enough live. I love the main riff and the pre-chorus just rocks.

Push me, Pull Me- An experiment that failed with me.

All Those Yesterdays- I like it ok, but I wish Eddie hadn't borrowed some phrasing from that other yesterday song.

Overall, a very solid album and very well produced. i like the sound of the album. It has a depth and warmth to it no other album of theirs has captured.

I Got Memories

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 108  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam