Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam

Post subject: Pearl Jam (played at a restaur...)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:02 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

I was out at dinner the other night and, surprisingly, the restaurant had "Jeremy" playing.

It was really odd. Great of course to hear, but really odd. The atmosphere of the restaurant and the people who worked there didn't seem condusive to Pearl Jam being played. Some other good stuff, current songs that sound alot like bands having been influenced by Pearl Jam, Jane's Addiction, etc. circa 1992, were playing.

Prior to that, I went and had three seperate epidural cortizone shots in my back, and they were playing Bush, and Jane's Addiction, among other things, when I was on the table, but the people in the room didn't really "look" like the music being played was "there thing" (a nurse in her 70's, an asian doctor in his 50's, etc.)

Anyone else have such an experience, as if some greater force "knew you would appreciate some decent songs" be placed in a not quite "right" environment?

Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam (played at a restaur...)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:06 pm 
Black Metal Hero

cltaylor12 wrote:
I was out at dinner the other night and, surprisingly, the restaurant had "Jeremy" playing.

It was really odd. Great of course to hear, but really odd. The atmosphere of the restaurant and the people who worked there didn't seem condusive to Pearl Jam being played. Some other good stuff, current songs that sound alot like bands having been influenced by Pearl Jam, Jane's Addiction, etc. circa 1992, were playing.

Prior to that, I went and had three seperate epidural cortizone shots in my back, and they were playing Bush, and Jane's Addiction, among other things, when I was on the table, but the people in the room didn't really "look" like the music being played was "there thing" (a nurse in her 70's, an asian doctor in his 50's, etc.)

Anyone else have such an experience, as if some greater force "knew you would appreciate some decent songs" be placed in a not quite "right" environment?

Did the restaurant have a "Burger King" logo on the front of it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:03 pm 
Johnny Guitar

Kinda wierd u mention u heard Pearl Jam in a resturaunt last night.. cause me and my best girl went to see a movie and an instrumental version of Release was playing before the previews... I was pumped

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:59 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

my dentist has a cd player you can listen to while you get a cavity filled, or other similar dental work...

i have had two fillings done while i listened to vitalogy and no code, respectively...

i love my dentist :D ::sparkles::

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:09 am 
Johnny Guitar

I was away at school a few years ago, and I stayed there for Christmas, cos I couldn't afford to fly home. Alone in a strange city on Christmas Eve, I went out for dinner with two good friends from Ottawa, to the Keg. After dinner, I went outside for a cigarette, and just as I got outside, Long Road started playing on the speakers outside.. I was there alone, it was snowing in the downtown market, people were walking by, christmas lights everywhere.. It's moments like these that are the reason I am a Pearl Jam fan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:42 am 
Global Moderator

my girlfriend works in a cafe on the campus of her school, and on certain nights you can hear a sweet ass PJ mix that i made playing, who ever is working gets to put on cds and she will play my pj one every once and a while, she sais ive been complemented on how well everything flows on it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:53 am 
Johnny Guitar
 YIM  Profile

I was in Hollywood a couple years ago for a friend's bachorlette party and we went to a restuarant & they had a martini called "Pearl Jam".

AND...

the very same night we were at some country bar on Sunset. They were playing various videos & Jeremy was one of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:29 am 
Cameron's Stallion

AmentsChick wrote:
I was in Hollywood a couple years ago for a friend's bachorlette party and we went to a restuarant & they had a martini called "Pearl Jam".

Awesome! That reminded me of the time that my brother and his friends went to a restaurant/bar and they all had a drink that was called "The Riot Act" before we went to Irvine 2 last year. They were all pumped until the drinks actually arrived...they were bright pink and had an umbrella in it. :lol: It was kind of a letdown, but cool nonetheless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:43 am 
Banned from the Pit

That is all funny!

But this one time in band camp....

Just kidding!

I love those PJ moments. I like playing shuffle to hear random songs so I don't know what is next.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:50 am 
Black Metal Hero

They play eminem at restaurants I go to. :\

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:22 pm 
Got Some

I was shitting in a Wendy's bathroom and Muzak started playing "release", its moments like these that solidify my reasoning for loving PJ.

--PunkDavid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:31 pm 
Johnny Guitar
 YIM  Profile

Satan'sLeash wrote:
AmentsChick wrote:

Awesome! That reminded me of the time that my brother and his friends went to a restaurant/bar and they all had a drink that was called "The Riot Act" before we went to Irvine 2 last year. They were all pumped until the drinks actually arrived...they were bright pink and had an umbrella in it. :lol: It was kind of a letdown, but cool nonetheless.

HAHAHAHA!! That was funny! I would've been embarrased drinking a so-called girlie drink! BTW, I was at Irvine II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:42 pm 
Banned from the Pit

I work in a grocery store and they play betterman and hide your love away sometimes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:28 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Given2Fly2 wrote:
Kinda wierd u mention u heard Pearl Jam in a resturaunt last night.. cause me and my best girl went to see a movie and an instrumental version of Release was playing before the previews... I was pumped

whoa, muzak Release? I gotta hear that.

Yeah, I worked at a grocery store too, and every christmas I've worked, they played Let Me Sleep, always a treat. Plus, probably being the only person in the whole store who knew what it was and could sing along to it rocked.

http://stackpapersgetpaid.tumblr.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:27 pm 
Johnny Guitar

Last night I had a dream that I was in a restaurant and pearl jam was actually there eating! that probably doesnt count but it was still a happy occurance. Later Eddie called me on the phone at the restaurant because he was mad that i didnt say Hi to him. :roll: they don't call it a dream fer nothin'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:39 pm 
Johnny Guitar

hahaha, that's funny. I have PJ dreams all the time. I think I'll start a new thread in PJ dreams.

"It's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease." -EV
---------------------------
State College 5/3/03
Hershey 7/12/03
Reading 10/1/04
Toledo 10/2/04

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:07 pm 
Banned from the Pit

they play 'hide your love away' sometimes at the Kroger where I do my grocery shopping. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:47 am 
Johnny Guitar
 YIM  Profile

the gym i go to plays pearl jam songs all the time. Black, Jeremy, Alive, Daughter to name a few. Lol thats the main reason i picked that gym, good music and good people. Not all fake like 24 hr.

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam