Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:23 pm 
Banned from the Pit

I remember good old PJN...I used to post there a decent amount under the name "curtainedeyes"...I posted a lot of lengthy lyric interpretations when I was into that sort of thing. It was a pretty fun place there for awhile. I remember the whole fiasco with Riot Act leaking and Tim from the ten club (supposedly) accusing Paxosmotic (real name = Rick) from that board of leaking it. Here is something I dug up. It is the explination that Adam put up on the master/slave board about how everything went down with the Riot Act leak and accusations and whatnot:

Adam Frucci Wrote:
Quote:
ok, it doesnt make sense to keep it a secret, so heres the deal with timmy b calling me.

someone claiming to be tim bierman of the ten club had created an account at master/slave. he PM'd rick and told him he was kicked out of the ten club for leaking riot act. i knew for a fact that rick didnt do it, i thought it was rediculous that they were out for blood and were patrolling other boards looking for the culprit. even worse was the fact that they were kicking people out without a shred of evidence.

so, i made it a rule that no one affiliated with the band's management could visit the board. i didnt want the PJ gestapo looking for people to kick out of the ten club on my page.

later that week i recieved an email telling me that the album artwork was on amazon.com. so, i put the artwork on pjn.

a couple of days later i recieved the following email from tim:

Adam-

Is there anyway we could have a phone conversation? I know that as an employee of Pearl Jam, I'm not allowed to view your boards, but I did notice that you are posting what you believe is the artwork for Riot Act. And since you'll probably post this on your board, I'd like to say "hi" to everyone out there, since I can't post on your boards. I hope you can understand my not wanting to give you my phone number, but if you send me yours, I'd be happy to give you a call.

Thanks, Tim

so i sent him my #, and later that night he called me. we basically had a heated argument for about an hour. he told me that by allowing people to discuss riot act on master/slave, i was promoting the leak and hurting the band. he told me that by taking the artwork from amazon.com i was going against the bands wishes and was being a bad fan. he told me anyone that downloaded riot act before it was released is a bad fan. he told me that i should only post things that i know the band would approve of. he also told me that he didnt send rick those PM's and did not use that username (wortsfuckinnightmare) on master/slave. he promised me this.

we basically didnt agree on anything and ended up hanging up on each other. after doing some research, i sent him the following email a couple of days later:

Hey Tim,

I just looked into something out of my own curiosity, and I was hoping you could clear it up for me. On the phone you assured me that you never used Master/Slave to message anyone and no one was getting kicked out of the Ten Club, and you told me you saw the new rule I put in place as "mean spirited." However, a user by the name of "worstfuckinnightmare" from the IP 216.231.37.92 registering with the email address donotmail@tenclub.net messaged user Paxosmotic with the following:

"Subj : timfrom 10c here

thanks for helping to ruin all of the work that weve put into this record for the last couple of years. at least now youve admitted to being the leak, so now i can release the record company hounds on your ass. believe me, theyre not in a good mood over there, and theyre onto your shit. once again, thanks for fucking us over. youre a great fan. tim"

After posting about this message on the board, he recieved this from the same user:

"what makes it so hard to believe that i would p.m. you? do you want to contact me so we can have a chat, or are you going to wait until they come knocking on your door?"

He later recieved an email to a hotmal account he does not use anymore and was not listed on Master/Slave. He did, however, use this email address to sign up for the Ten Club. The message is as follows:

"From: tim bierman [mailto:tim@tenclub.net]
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2002 7:44 PM
To: [email private]
Subject: Once again, Tim here

Hi Rick-

I regret to inform you that you're no longer welcome in the fan club, and your privileges for tickets, etc. has been revoked. Btw, that was me emailing you yesterday. Once again, thanks for ruining my day.

Hugs, Tim"

You emailed me asking for my phone number, and the message source reads that tenclub-4.dsl.speakeasy.net [216.231.37.92] was the sender. Note that the IP is the same as "worstfuckinnightmare." Also of note are the similarities in things you said in the messages and in our phone conversation, mainly using we in regards to working on the album, talking about how good or bad a fan someone is, and taking about how the leak has ruined your day and or week.

So unless you have some very convincing evidence to the contrary, I'm going to assume you lied to me and DID use my message board to look for the source of the leak and then used the message board system to get in touch with your suspect. Not only were the messages you sent very unprofessional, but they were to someone who I know for a fact had absolutley nothing to do with the leak. There was no evidence on Master/Slave pointing to him either, I looked carefully.

I would just like some clarification. Is Richard Peck still in the Ten Club? Is he a suspect in this search for the source of the leak? Is the new rule on Master/Slave still mean spirited and unreasonable?

If you want my site and other pearl jam sites to play by your rules, perhaps you should be honest with me. I would like to be able to have an open dialouge with you so we don't have any more conflicts, but this situation is pretty rediculous, and I think it could easily be argued that you are not taking the best or most professional steps to reach whatever goal you have here. If you have any explination for the materials I've presented here and what you said to me on the phone, I'd love to hear them. Talk to you later,

-Adam Frucci
http://www.pearljamnetwork.com
------------

he never responded to that email.

so thats it. basically the hour long argument in which he continually insulted me and lied to me is what got to me the most. hope that clears up any confusion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:39 pm 
Got Some

Damn, that's crazy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:41 pm 
Force of Nature

That was like an episode of Law and Order.

t

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:43 pm 
Stone's Bitch
 WWW  Profile

The feelings I had back then are still fresh when I read that. There were more great sites like that that were stopped, and some other very dedicated fan sites followed :cry: :cry:

93 Rdm2x 96 D L2x Ber Gro Ams Par Zür 00 L2x D Gla Man Car Par Pin Pra Kat2x Sal Lju Ver Ber Ham Ros L 01 BSB2x Sea2x 06 D Arn Ant Bern Bol Ver Mil Tor Pis Pra Ber Vie Zag 07 L Düs Nij Wer 09 L Rdm Ber Man L 10 D Belf L Ber 12 Am2x EV:Am2x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:46 pm 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

Wow. Not only is Tim an apparent douchehat, he also isn't very good at teh Interweb.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:46 pm 
Unthought Known

Rick (Paxosmotic) didn't leak Riot Act, the album. He did, however, get his hands on Eddie's typewritten lyrics for the album 2 months before it came out. He shared them with me sometime in September 2002. They were faxed from Epic Records, so somebody from the label leaked the lyrics. Those exact same typewritten lyrics showed up in Riot Act. I remember that "You Are" had "Undone" as the original title on the sheet and was crossed out with "You Are" handwritten above them. Other than that, I believe the lyric sheets that Rick had and the ones in RA are identical.

Master/Slave actually continued after Adam shut the site down. The board was transferred to Rick and I was one of the mods. Rick decided he didn't want to do it soon after that, and the offshoot board was closed. The shitty DelphiForum version of M/S is still up (as far as I know), although I have no idea how often it is used.

Ara, were you captnemo over there? I also remember Pulson. It sucks that I only remember a few screennames, but that just means that the ones I remember are extra special.

yieldgirl wrote:
I look a like slut trying to have my boobs all sticking out and shit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:48 pm 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

This whole thing should be another chapter in The History of RM book coming out later this year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:57 pm 
Of Counsel

That's an incredible story, thanks for digging that up.

That's pretty fucked up. I guess you can see why we try to not even have any appearance of impropriety at RM when it comes to leaks and such. Last thing we need is some nazi shit like that going on.

Never forget...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:04 am 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

punkdavid wrote:

That's pretty fucked up. I guess you can see why we try to not even have any appearance of impropriety at RM when it comes to leaks and such. Last thing we need is some nazi shit like that going on.

Never forget...

I'd rather have RM fight the power and go down in a blaze of glory, only to rise from the ashes months later and form an underground resistance network, with its hub being the Cat Fancy website.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:09 am 
Of Counsel

Ensign9 wrote:
punkdavid wrote:

Never forget...

I'd rather have RM fight the power and go down in a blaze of glory, only to rise from the ashes months later and form an underground resistance network, with its hub being the Cat Fancy website.

I'd rather DF2 be the martyr. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:12 am 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

punkdavid wrote:
Ensign9 wrote:
punkdavid wrote:

Never forget...

I'd rather DF2 be the martyr. :wink:

DF2 doesn't have ties to Cat Fancy like RM clearly does, though. Without Cat Fancy, all is for naught.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:35 am 
Mike's Maniac

Whats funny is years ago i ran a few other sites, and i received this same treatment from Tim as well. I dont have all the emails but i can tell ya he was pretty rude and not much of a listener. I too lost my ten club privledges and i had been a member since around the Vitalogy era.

At the time i took my aggresions out on Caryn Rose over at Fivehorizons. I now know what i did and said to her was wrong as it had nothing to do with her.

Sometimes i wish i could take back shit i did in the past...

I was there.. 6-20-98, 6-21-98, 06-23-98, 6-24-98, 9-03-98, 09-06-98, 10-07-00, 4-23-03, 4-25-03, 6-22-03, 6-25-03, 6-26-03, 10-02-04, 10-03-04, 9-11-05, 9-12-05, 9-13-2005, 5-16-06, 5-17-06, 5-19-06, 5-20-06, 5-22-2006, 08-05-2007
08-23-2009, 08-24-2009

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:43 am 
Johnny Guitar

As far as I'm concerned, Caryn Rose and certain members of the Ten Club management are all really mean people for reasons I have yet to fully understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:14 am 
Stone's Bitch

youkan fakoff wrote:
Whats funny is years ago i ran a few other sites, and i received this same treatment from Tim as well. I dont have all the emails but i can tell ya he was pretty rude and not much of a listener. I too lost my ten club privledges and i had been a member since around the Vitalogy era.

At the time i took my aggresions out on Caryn Rose over at Fivehorizons. I now know what i did and said to her was wrong as it had nothing to do with her.

wtf, how did you guys still remain fans of the band?

These stories are blowing my mind. I would never think that anyone from the Ten Club would really care about someone else's fansite. Even if someone on a site leaked an album early, it's the internet.....what control does anyone really have?? How can you take away fanclub status over something like that? Damn it's all so weird.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:38 am 
Force of Nature
 WWW  Profile

gogol wrote:
youkan fakoff wrote:

These stories are blowing my mind. I would never think that anyone from the Ten Club would really care about someone else's fansite. Even if someone on a site leaked an album early, it's the internet.....what control does anyone really have?? How can you take away fanclub status over something like that? Damn it's all so weird.

wow. this is taking me waaaay back. i used to lurk at pretty much all the sites mentioned at one point or another and remember caryn rose's implosion over at the old mfc board as well. i did not, however, realize all the behind-the-scenes harassing from 10C management. in a way, it makes me very thankful that my being a fan never manifested itself in creaing a fan site and/or message board although i very much appreciate the work of those who have. :D but seriously, how could those kind of experiences not compromised peoples' overall enjoyment of the band? very weird indeed...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:50 am 
Force of Nature
 WWW  Profile

I remember reading Pearl Jam Network back in the day but looking at the music he lists on his Myspace page, eh...no big loss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:25 am 
Devil's Advocate

Action, Jack wrote:
I remember reading Pearl Jam Network back in the day but looking at the music he lists on his Myspace page, eh...no big loss.

You're basing your opinion of a person based on what music they listen to?

Goddamn you're an idiot.

Adam's a great guy, fuck off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:28 pm 
Stone's Bitch
 WWW  Profile

gogol wrote:

'we're faithfull'. If the music wasn't that good I'd have given up on them right then.
And Caryn is okay. She got multiple times the amount of shit like this all over her, time and time again from multiple directions. I don't think I know anybody who would have been able to deal with that like she did. Ofcourse, everybody has their own mistakes, but they are nothing in comparison.

groetjes,
Mirella

93 Rdm2x 96 D L2x Ber Gro Ams Par Zür 00 L2x D Gla Man Car Par Pin Pra Kat2x Sal Lju Ver Ber Ham Ros L 01 BSB2x Sea2x 06 D Arn Ant Bern Bol Ver Mil Tor Pis Pra Ber Vie Zag 07 L Düs Nij Wer 09 L Rdm Ber Man L 10 D Belf L Ber 12 Am2x EV:Am2x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:12 pm 
Banned from the Pit

Ahh, memories...

Yes, I was kicked out of the Ten Club for "leaking the album". I think the real reason I was kicked out was that I wouldn't apologize to Timmy and cower before his might. He asked if I leaked it and the sum and total of my reply was basically to fuck off. My punishment is that I don't get to receive hastily thrown together songs on an outdated medium yearly, and instead of getting my own tickets I now use other people's accounts. It's rough.

See you in LA on the 9th.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:27 pm 
Unthought Known

Paxosmotic wrote:
Ahh, memories...

Yes, I was kicked out of the Ten Club for "leaking the album". I think the real reason I was kicked out was that I wouldn't apologize to Timmy and cower before his might. He asked if I leaked it and the sum and total of my reply was basically to fuck off. My punishment is that I don't get to receive hastily thrown together songs on an outdated medium yearly, and instead of getting my own tickets I now use other people's accounts. It's rough.

See you in LA on the 9th.

RM: bringing people together since 2001.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam