Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:23 pm
Offline
Banned from the Pit
 Profile

Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:56 pm
I remember good old PJN...I used to post there a decent amount under the name "curtainedeyes"...I posted a lot of lengthy lyric interpretations when I was into that sort of thing. It was a pretty fun place there for awhile. I remember the whole fiasco with Riot Act leaking and Tim from the ten club (supposedly) accusing Paxosmotic (real name = Rick) from that board of leaking it. Here is something I dug up. It is the explination that Adam put up on the master/slave board about how everything went down with the Riot Act leak and accusations and whatnot:

Adam Frucci Wrote:
Quote:
ok, it doesnt make sense to keep it a secret, so heres the deal with timmy b calling me.

someone claiming to be tim bierman of the ten club had created an account at master/slave. he PM'd rick and told him he was kicked out of the ten club for leaking riot act. i knew for a fact that rick didnt do it, i thought it was rediculous that they were out for blood and were patrolling other boards looking for the culprit. even worse was the fact that they were kicking people out without a shred of evidence.

so, i made it a rule that no one affiliated with the band's management could visit the board. i didnt want the PJ gestapo looking for people to kick out of the ten club on my page.

later that week i recieved an email telling me that the album artwork was on amazon.com. so, i put the artwork on pjn.

a couple of days later i recieved the following email from tim:

Adam-

Is there anyway we could have a phone conversation? I know that as an employee of Pearl Jam, I'm not allowed to view your boards, but I did notice that you are posting what you believe is the artwork for Riot Act. And since you'll probably post this on your board, I'd like to say "hi" to everyone out there, since I can't post on your boards. I hope you can understand my not wanting to give you my phone number, but if you send me yours, I'd be happy to give you a call.

Thanks, Tim

so i sent him my #, and later that night he called me. we basically had a heated argument for about an hour. he told me that by allowing people to discuss riot act on master/slave, i was promoting the leak and hurting the band. he told me that by taking the artwork from amazon.com i was going against the bands wishes and was being a bad fan. he told me anyone that downloaded riot act before it was released is a bad fan. he told me that i should only post things that i know the band would approve of. he also told me that he didnt send rick those PM's and did not use that username (wortsfuckinnightmare) on master/slave. he promised me this.

we basically didnt agree on anything and ended up hanging up on each other. after doing some research, i sent him the following email a couple of days later:

Hey Tim,

I just looked into something out of my own curiosity, and I was hoping you could clear it up for me. On the phone you assured me that you never used Master/Slave to message anyone and no one was getting kicked out of the Ten Club, and you told me you saw the new rule I put in place as "mean spirited." However, a user by the name of "worstfuckinnightmare" from the IP 216.231.37.92 registering with the email address donotmail@tenclub.net messaged user Paxosmotic with the following:

"Subj : timfrom 10c here

thanks for helping to ruin all of the work that weve put into this record for the last couple of years. at least now youve admitted to being the leak, so now i can release the record company hounds on your ass. believe me, theyre not in a good mood over there, and theyre onto your shit. once again, thanks for fucking us over. youre a great fan. tim"

After posting about this message on the board, he recieved this from the same user:

"what makes it so hard to believe that i would p.m. you? do you want to contact me so we can have a chat, or are you going to wait until they come knocking on your door?"

He later recieved an email to a hotmal account he does not use anymore and was not listed on Master/Slave. He did, however, use this email address to sign up for the Ten Club. The message is as follows: