Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam

Post subject: Conspiracy Theories about Synergy Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:28 am 
Spaceman

If it only takes Sven like a day to get RM back up, why the hell is it taking so long for Synergy to return?
Perhaps major changes are afoot, like they can't fit all the TOTD vinyl they got into the goods section and 10c just exploded?
It is intriguing... :wink:

To ease the pain of idleness and the memory of decay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:41 am 
Devil's Advocate

It was Stone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:42 am 
Spaceman

I can't believe I didn't think of that myself. :shock:

Post subject: Re: Conspiracy Theories about Synergy Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:21 pm 
Force of Nature
 WWW  YIM  Profile

vacatetheword wrote:
If it only takes Sven like a day to get RM back up, why the hell is it taking so long for Synergy to return?
Perhaps major changes are afoot, like they can't fit all the TOTD vinyl they got into the goods section and 10c just exploded?

Conspiracy: Scott Stapp has been seen recently taking amateur hacking classes and has also been seen in the vicinity of the Synergy website maintenance building. The developers were immediately evacuated and the building & site were put on SynCon 5 alert status, or "Imposter In Area, Armed & Talentless". Hacking was denied because the server was behind a strict firewall and Stapp was caught and put in a government facility for 3rd rate celebrity hackers. The site has not been put back up yet because Char Kroeger's whereabouts are unknown.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:11 pm 
Mike's Maniac

Athletic Supporter wrote:
It was Stone.

is always stone's fault

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:45 pm 
Force of Nature

synergy it not affliated with the tenclub in any way shape or form other than that both are related to the group pearl jam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:55 pm 
Force of Nature
 WWW  YIM  Profile

MAGICforFACT wrote:
synergy it not affliated with the tenclub in any way shape or form other than that both are related to the group pearl jam.

That's part of the conspiracy, man. Can't you see through the clouds, man? They're inside your head, man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:28 pm 
Johnny Guitar

The song 'habit' may be appropro.

I know at one time I negelected many things and spent too much time there. Maybe the effects of a digital online community were considered by a vinyl and typewriter loving crowd.
Be liberal its more christian than being christian.
thunderFence

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:43 pm 
Mike's Maniac

MAGICforFACT wrote:

Very true and they haven't been for some time. Kat & Sea are Synergy....subsequently they have nothing to do with 10C. That is Kerensa & Rebecca. Now, where I think it gets sticky is that Kat & Sea run Synergy (http://www.sonymusic.com/artists/PearlJam/), however Pearl Jam's bbs, otherwise known as The Message Pit, is Moderated by Kat & Sea but it is hosted on Pearl Jams own web site, not Synergy. It has been Pearl Jam's website and forum that has been down for more than 3 weeks now...not Synergy.

Now, MAJOR props to Sven for getting RM back up after a day of disparaging notes from him. Sven, you had us all worried at first with the thanks for everything, it's been real note. Then, that slowly changed and within a day, you had us back up and running with a fresh start. You da man! I believe the situation is different with The Message Pit. I bet we are getting a complete over haul on the web site and bbs. It freakin better be lined with gold for as long as it is taking, but still, I am optimistic for a fresh paint job and maybe new carpet in the den.

Here is what is weird to me. With RM going down and coming back up, I now feel a connection with this board I hadn’t felt in the past. I now have a joining date equal to all the OG’s here. This excitement of starting a bbs from scratch; I just don’t know if The Message Pit re-opening will get me excited again being we just did it here. Does that make sense???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:11 pm 
Pork Chop

The word around the campfire is this:
Sven is the man, just cause his name is Sven.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:31 pm 
Mike's Maniac

Angels Tribe wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:15 pm 
Spambot

Angels Tribe wrote:

one time I went to a psychic and they told me my soul mates name was sven... um...there arent a lot of sven's in the detroit area...I guess I should take a trip to sweden ya?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:23 pm 
Banned from the Pit
 WWW  Profile

Main Entry: syn·er·gy
Pronunciation: 'si-n&r-jE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -gies
Etymology: New Latin synergia, from Greek synergos working together
Date: 1660
1 : SYNERGISM; broadly : combined action or operation
2 : a mutually advantageous conjunction or compatibility of distinct business participants or elements (as resources or efforts)
My guess would be that Pearl Jam and Sony are no longer "working together" as participants in business.
...just a thought. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:08 pm 
Force of Nature

aNiMaLpJ wrote:
MAGICforFACT wrote:

Very true and they haven't been for some time. Kat & Sea are Synergy....subsequently they have nothing to do with 10C. That is Kerensa & Rebecca. Now, where I think it gets sticky is that Kat & Sea run Synergy (http://www.sonymusic.com/artists/PearlJam/), however Pearl Jam's bbs, otherwise known as The Message Pit, is Moderated by Kat & Sea but it is hosted on Pearl Jams own web site, not Synergy. It has been Pearl Jam's website and forum that has been down for more than 3 weeks now...not Synergy.

actually, that was just a link from pearljam.com to the synergy and sony hosted bulletin board, which I guess is now being scrapped in favor of a board at pearljam.com which will ultimately be as lame as synergy and sadly as this board has started to become.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:09 pm 
Spambot

MAGICforFACT wrote:
aNiMaLpJ wrote:
MAGICforFACT wrote:

who pissed in your cheerios?

actually, that was just a link from pearljam.com to the synergy and sony hosted bulletin board, which I guess is now being scrapped in favor of a board at pearljam.com which will ultimately be as lame as synergy and sadly as this board has started to become.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:29 pm 
Mike's Maniac

MAGICforFACT wrote:

What??? The most recent Message Pit that we all knew and loved was not on Synergy. The old, old board was. However, as of like July or August of 2003, it has been at http://forums.pearljam.com, not Sony's Synergy.

Let me guess, you were banned from The Message Pit????

Post subject: Re: Conspiracy Theories about Synergy Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:48 pm 
Black Metal Hero

vacatetheword wrote:

Or, they're lazy fucks who don't actually care about Pearl Jam fans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:33 pm 
Spaceman

Okay, I know Synergy isn't the name of the board any more, and it has nothing to do with sony, but it's easier to write 'synergy' than http://www.pearljam.com 'and the message pit' or whatever and confuse the fuck out of everyone.

Anyway, I still don't see any reasonable theories.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:01 am 
Mike's Maniac

vacatetheword wrote:
Okay, I know Synergy isn't the name of the board any more, and it has nothing to do with sony, but it's easier to write 'synergy' than http://www.pearljam.com 'and the message pit' or whatever and confuse the fuck out of everyone.

Agreed! :D

As long as we know the difference....that is all that matters.

Post subject: I have a theory!!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:16 am 
Johnny Guitar

Maybe they took the board down on purpose to keep trolls off the site during the mini-tour. Perhaps after what happened right after the Bush mask incident, they thought that a "get-Bush-out-of-office" kind of tour might attract the nasty folk again.

But, maybe not....... :wink:

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam