3 Stars: Average for Pearl jam 32%  32%  [ 37 ]
2 Stars: Missing Something 6%  6%  [ 7 ]
1 Star: It Sucks 0%  0%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 115
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:53 pm 
Resident Frat Dick

Ummmm...2 stars? Maybe 3?

Hey....if you add those together, you get 5 stars, aka, Even Flow.

9/16/96, 7/21/98, 7/22/98, 11/5/00, 11/6/00, 12/5/02, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 5/30/03, 10/22/03, 9/24/04, 3/18/05, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 7/23/06, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 9/26/09, 9/25/11

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:04 pm 
Supersonic

There's one thing MFC can't lose
It's that feel.
It can pawn its shirt, its shoes
But not that feel

Seriously, this song is a bit underwritten, but the guitars sound fucking amazing, and it gives the song a fantastic mood.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:03 pm 
Global Moderator

McParadigm wrote:
There's one thing MFC can't lose
It's that feel.
It can pawn its shirt, its shoes
But not that feel

Seriously, this song is a bit underwritten, but the guitars sound fucking amazing, and it gives the song a fantastic mood.

nice stealth Tom reference

The perfect gift for certain occasions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:19 am 
Epitome of cool
 WWW  Profile

4 stars. MFC is a good little song. Much like Bruce Springsteen, Ed uses the escape/travel/car theme in a lot of songs, and this one is probably his best (and yes, that includes Rearviewmirror). "There's a lot to be said for nowhere" is a great lyric.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:58 pm 
Team Binaural
 WWW  Profile

I don't think it's better than RVM as a car song. Everytime I hear RVM in my car it just makes me want to go as fast as I can, pedal to the metal

Maybe if I crash someday I can blame PJ for it

Anyway, MFC is good, 4 stars for me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:41 pm 
Administrator

One of my favorite Stone solos at the end of this tune...only lasts about 0:25 but I love the motion and swirling feel of it dropping into a climactic ending.

The quest to 100: 29 and counting...

Post subject: Re: SOTM: There's a lot to be said for nowhere
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:02 am 
Dave A's Slave

The ear line in the chorus really really bothers me, it is pretty bad. Especially considering the original lyrics were "there's no need to fear, no traffic here, I feel so clear" and "there's no need to fear, no seatbelts here" as well as "there's no assholes here, no need to swear, just you my dear". Much better lyrics.

Vedder’s sticking with the underdog, McCready’s classicist rock solo, Gossard, Ament, and Abbruzzese’s solid yet organic and rootsy rhythm section. It’s earnest, it’s got tension, and that nod to classic rock. It’s Pearl Jam.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:44 pm 
Global Moderator

vedderforpresident wrote:
The ear line in the chorus really really bothers me, it is pretty bad. Especially considering the original lyrics were "there's no need to fear, no traffic here, I feel so clear" and "there's no need to fear, no seatbelts here" as well as "there's no assholes here, no need to swear, just you my dear". Much better lyrics.

where are those lyrics from?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:08 pm 
Master of Meh

stip wrote:

I was wondering that too.

I like the "ear" line though, it's a little dorky but I think I've just grown fond of it over the years.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:09 pm 
Dave A's Slave

spenno wrote:
stip wrote:

I like the "ear" line though, it's a little dorky but I think I've just grown fond of it over the years.

They're from the show Ed did in 96 with those Italian guys in Rome, the first time MFC was played live I believe. So while I don't know if you could call it the 'original' lyrics, they certainly are better.

Vedder’s sticking with the underdog, McCready’s classicist rock solo, Gossard, Ament, and Abbruzzese’s solid yet organic and rootsy rhythm section. It’s earnest, it’s got tension, and that nod to classic rock. It’s Pearl Jam.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:22 am 
Red Mosquito, my libido

spenno wrote:
stip wrote:

They're from the show Ed did in 96 with those Italian guys in Rome, the first time MFC was played live I believe. So while I don't know if you could call it the 'original' lyrics, they certainly are better.

More details about this show, please. I vaguely remember it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:31 am 
Dave A's Slave

cutuphalfdead wrote:
spenno wrote:
stip wrote:

Ed made a surprise appearance at the Goa Club in Rome for one reason or another back in '96 and played a set with a pair of local musicians (Fausto Casara on drums and Francesco Aliotta on bass).

12/04/96

01. Off He Goes (Ed solo)
02. The Kids Are Alright
03. I Can't Explain
04. My Generation
05. Corduroy (re-worked) - Is this where Riotshelf got his "corduroy"cover from, the one that won an RM contest?
06. Immortality
07. MFC (unreleased at the time, different lyrics)
08. Not For You
09. Crazy Mary (short jam)
10. Love -> Building On Fire
11. Lukin
12. Next To You
13. Rearviewmirror
14. So You Want To Be A Rock N' Roll Star?
15. Improv

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:32 am 
Global Moderator

cutuphalfdead wrote:
spenno wrote:
stip wrote:

Ed made a surprise appearance at the Goa Club in Rome for one reason or another back in '96 and played a set with a pair of local musicians (Fausto Casara on drums and Francesco Aliotta on bass).

12/04/96

02. The Kids Are Alright
03. I Can't Explain
04. My Generation
05. Corduroy (re-worked) - Is this where Riotshelf got his "corduroy"cover from, the one that won an RM contest?
06. Immortality
08. Not For You
11. Lukin
12. Next To You
13. Rearviewmirror
15. Improv

I think the riotshelf number (bookshelf and riot actor 25) just reinvented the song

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:37 am 
Red Mosquito, my libido

I wonder if I have this on my hard drive. Probably.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:15 am 
Dave A's Slave

stip wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
spenno wrote:
stip wrote:

12/04/96

02. The Kids Are Alright
03. I Can't Explain
04. My Generation
06. Immortality
08. Not For You
11. Lukin
12. Next To You
13. Rearviewmirror
15. Improv

I think the riotshelf number (bookshelf and riot actor 25) just reinvented the song

It sounds very very similar to that Rome version of Corduroy though...

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam