Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Vote
5 Stars: A Masterpiece 59%  59%  [ 91 ]
4 Stars: Really good 32%  32%  [ 50 ]
3 Stars: Average for Pearl jam 7%  7%  [ 11 ]
2 Stars: Missing Something 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
1 Star: Overrated garbage 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 154
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:49 am 
Stone's Bitch

5 stars, I luv AT.

Winner, 2008 US Pearl Jam fantasy league. :D

Everton FC: 3-1-5
Anaheim Webbed D's: 5-6-2
USC Football: 7-2
Denver Broncos: 3-5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:32 am 
Got Some

It's been my favorite PJ song since the beginning. I love it. 5 stars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:33 am 
Johnny Guitar

stip wrote:
This is a song I wish they'd retire.

:shock:

had to read it twice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:59 am 
Banned from the Pit

And it's also great to test the stereo of your music-player.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:04 pm 
Global Moderator

andredragt wrote:
And it's also great to test the stereo of your music-player.

welcome to the board :)

The perfect gift for certain occasions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:00 pm 
Force of Nature

I gave it 4, really should be a 3 1/2.

I have a problem with the early, angry, "poor me" songs for some reason.

W/ SOLAT, the rawness of Eddie's immature voice in the original recording drags the song down for me. Over the years the song has gotten better for me because of the boots. I think Ed does a great job with it now, I don't get the naysayers - it sounds better to me. Musically, the band has gotten better and really shines on this one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:42 pm 
AnalLog

4 stars. i dont think its as good live as it used to be b/c ed can't sing like he used to, but its still a great song, one of my favorite songs as a kid. the unplugged version is my fav

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:51 pm 
Of Counsel

I believe I remember hearing Ed, on multiple occasions, say that this song is about being faithful (and cheating on a lover). I definitely remember him saying, after playing “Faithfull” that this is another song about being faithful, I think it was at a show I was at.

Anyway, the line, as it is often sung, is “the smell is on my hands and dick”. Listen to the Singles premiere party version. Anyhow, I always think about it as a man who is overwrought with guilt over cheating on his woman, who still doesn’t know he has. He’s not guilty because he’s been caught, but because he hasn’t.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:17 am 
Epitome of cool
 WWW  Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63G5TRcAYHY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:37 am 
Got Some

i dont get it. average, average, average... 3 stars

"Just say 'here' and we'll assume 'here' is short for 'Here I am, rock you like a hurricane!'"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:54 pm 
Cameron's Stallion

I love this song. Love love love love love it, and it's one of my favorites to shred my voice/sing along to.

However, I agree it may as well be retired if Ed's going to half-ass it everytime. Now I'm the biggest latter-day-Ed's-voice defender here, but I'm sorry, he sounds like total ass when they play this. He doesn't put any energy into it and half the time he misses the melody. The band sounds great, he does not.

Oh, and what the fuck is up with the RVM remix? I don't want the story behind it, I know it, I'm just wondering why they used that mix. It's like O'Brien took Alive and Once and redid them into newer, not-so-echoey sounding awesomeness and then took SOLAT and mixed it like the rest of Ten, so it's echoey and dense and annoying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:30 pm 
Global Moderator

ChristcanIFly wrote:
I love this song. Love love love love love it, and it's one of my favorites to shred my voice/sing along to.

However, I agree it may as well be retired if Ed's going to half-ass it everytime. Now I'm the biggest latter-day-Ed's-voice defender here, but I'm sorry, he sounds like total ass when they play this. He doesn't put any energy into it and half the time he misses the melody. The band sounds great, he does not.

Oh, and what the fuck is up with the RVM remix? I don't want the story behind it, I know it, I'm just wondering why they used that mix. It's like O'Brien took Alive and Once and redid them into newer, not-so-echoey sounding awesomeness and then took SOLAT and mixed it like the rest of Ten, so it's echoey and dense and annoying.

part of me thinks that that version of SOLAT was recorded for Ten, before Brendan. Does it specify in the booklet that this IS an obrien mix?

The perfect gift for certain occasions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:19 am 
Cameron's Stallion

stip wrote:
ChristcanIFly wrote:

part of me thinks that that version of SOLAT was recorded for Ten, before Brendan. Does it specify in the booklet that this IS an obrien mix?

I agree with stip that the RVM mix is most likely Tim Palmer from the Ten sessions. It does sound like a Ten mix, and there is no mention of it being remixed on RVM.

The singles soundtrack booklet says it is mixed by Brendan O'Brien. It is the superior mix, and I gave it a 5.

The smallest oceans still get...big, Big Waves...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:13 pm 
Needs to start paying for bandwidth

masterpiece, 5 stars.

'nuff said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:00 pm 
Cameron's Stallion

MattCamFan wrote:
stip wrote:
ChristcanIFly wrote:

I agree with stip that the RVM mix is most likely Tim Palmer from the Ten sessions. It does sound like a Ten mix, and there is no mention of it being remixed on RVM.

The singles soundtrack booklet says it is mixed by Brendan O'Brien. It is the superior mix, and I gave it a 5.

I can't find my Rearviewmirror, but I would assume that, it just makes no sense why they included that version after O'Brien remixed the other ones. Oh well, since it's all on my iPod I just switched them out. As it is on RVM though, it would fit perfectly into Ten.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:59 pm 
Johnny Guitar

Was totally blown away by this song when I first heard it on MTV Unplugged quickly followed by being totally obsessed with it.

How could a band have such an amazing song hidden away on a soundtrack?

A permanent fixture in my top 5 Pearl Jam songs and a regular no.1

Hopefully I will have seen it live in just over a month's time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:46 am 
losing relevance

I don't really see anything special or new about this song. Pretty meh for Pearl Jam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:53 pm 
Banned from the Pit

5 stars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:22 pm 
Stone's Bitch

plainly a masterpiece...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:53 pm 
Of Counsel

ChristcanIFly wrote:
MattCamFan wrote:
stip wrote:
ChristcanIFly wrote:

I can't find my Rearviewmirror, but I would assume that, it just makes no sense why they included that version after O'Brien remixed the other ones. Oh well, since it's all on my iPod I just switched them out. As it is on RVM though, it would fit perfectly into Ten.

I think I remember someone saying that the RVM mix is the one that actually appears in the film Singles, although not on the soundtrack. That would indicate that it is a mix that predates the version we know and love from teh soundtrack.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam