Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 18  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:23 pm 
AnalLog

am i the only one who likes ed's lyric changes in free world?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:24 pm 
Stone's Bitch

warehouse wrote:

probably

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:29 pm 
Supersonic

Forgot to comment on Rockin in the free world. this is a tired cover. I know it's got new lyrics (which are kind of bad) and Bono (who is really bad), but I think it would have been better to hear another Bob Dylan, The Beatles, Radiohead (hee, hee) or some other kind of cover. Perhaps a cover of a new song by an old band like RHCP or R.E.M.? I don't know, just thinking outloud.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:32 pm 
Needs to start paying for bandwidth

warehouse wrote:

i can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not...:?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:34 pm 
AnalLog

conoalias wrote:
warehouse wrote:

haha, i dont even remember the new lyrics. i just like pointing out that they are ed's lyrics too, b/c when we first heard it everyone was bitching about bono "ruining the song w/ his lyrics" when im sure ed had a say in them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:50 pm 

warehouse wrote:
conoalias wrote:
warehouse wrote:

haha, i dont even remember the new lyrics. i just like pointing out that they are ed's lyrics too, b/c when we first heard it everyone was bitching about bono "ruining the song w/ his lyrics" when im sure ed had a say in them.

could be, but i also see Ed as the kinda guy whom just out of respect for Bono just accepts whatever Bono wants him to sing. Anyone remember Springsteen butchering Better Man in 04?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:52 pm 
AnalLog

conoalias wrote:
warehouse wrote:
conoalias wrote:
warehouse wrote:

could be, but i also see Ed as the kinda guy whom just out of respect for Bono just accepts whatever Bono wants him to sing. Anyone remember Springsteen butchering Better Man in 04?

come on man, dont compare bruce to bono

Post subject: Re: New Christmas Single Details
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:29 pm 
Resident Frat Dick

indiansummer wrote:
http://pearljam.com/news/index.php?what=News#158

ANNUAL SINGLE NEWS
Many of you have been asking about the holiday single release...Is it out yet? When will it be released? Well...Not yet, but the songs have been selected, so we can at least give you something to curb your appetite until it lands on your doorstep. Artwork is waiting approval and will be posted soon, as well.

The 2005 Annual Single will include:

Side A- Love Reign O'er Me written by Pete Towshend, performed by Pearl Jam from the upcoming Sony Motion Picture Reign Over Me.
Side B- Rockin in the Free World written by Neil Young, performed by Pearl Jam, featuring Bono and The Edge from U2 from the Make Poverty History concert in Melbourne, Australia.

As to be expected in this technologically advanced society, Love Reign O'er me has found it's way to the radio airwaves already...so, the good news is you won't have to wait to hear the song. We promise we are working hard to have the Ten Club 7-inch printed, pressed and on it's way to you sometime in February.

ORLY?

9/16/96, 7/21/98, 7/22/98, 11/5/00, 11/6/00, 12/5/02, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 5/30/03, 10/22/03, 9/24/04, 3/18/05, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 7/23/06, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 9/26/09, 9/25/11

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:51 pm 

warehouse wrote:
conoalias wrote:
warehouse wrote:
conoalias wrote:
warehouse wrote:

i'm just saying Bono isn't the only one butchering a PJ live staple.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:53 pm 
AnalLog

conoalias wrote:
warehouse wrote:
conoalias wrote:
warehouse wrote:
conoalias wrote:
warehouse wrote:

i know, eddie's butchering it too

but betterman was awesome thanks to the e street band

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:01 pm 

warehouse wrote:
conoalias wrote:
warehouse wrote:
conoalias wrote:
warehouse wrote:
conoalias wrote:
warehouse wrote:

i know, eddie's butchering it too

but betterman was awesome thanks to the e street band

*Clarence

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:03 pm 
Force of Nature
 WWW  Profile

Heh, all the people who think that Bono and the RITFW collaboration suck. Think of this. One day perhaps and I ams ure sometime down the road, Pearl Jam will do a covers album or something crazy like that for fun and just imagine if Ed does a U2 song and changes the lyrics or the way the song sounds. It will be sweet revenge on Bono. :twisted:

My Site: http://pearljamboots.com/
Tweet, Tweet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:08 pm 
Force of Nature

stip wrote:

And I kinda liked that thing they did with Bono. And we don't have a good version if it (begging whether or not a good version of that song is possible).

Two good choices this year.

A good version of it can be obtained by ripping the audio from the Make Poverty History DVD.

After downloading this DVD from youkan, I was expecting the worst, but I really didn't mind the version with Bono and the Edge. No, it's not the greatest version, and the lyrics were cheesy, but they needed a big thing to start the show, and PJ and 1/2 of U2 provided it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:11 pm 
AnalLog

PJAmerica wrote:
Heh, all the people who think that Bono and the RITFW collaboration suck. Think of this. One day perhaps and I ams ure sometime down the road, Neil Young will do a covers album or something crazy like that for fun and just imagine if neil does a pj song and changes the lyrics or the way the song sounds. It will be sweet revenge on ed. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:23 pm 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

Regardless of whoever sang what and even if this was a stellar version of RITFW, it is still fucking RITFW. It is on every other bootleg for the last 4 tours. WTF?!

Giving us a live staple as a Christmas single? I don't get it. Oh and i agree with all of you, that version is just embarassing. It's an afterschool special. A sesame street rerun. So tame and lifeless. Anyway...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:35 pm 
Unthought Known
 WWW  Profile

w/ all the music they have recorded and not released (yet) its not like they had to go into the studio and record something specifcally for this single...just take one unreleased song from any of their recording sessions and make that the b side especially since there has been no physical singles released from avocado just throw one on there and we'd all be creaming ourselves...they obviously know ritfw was on the web legally when it first happened so just give us sumpin new dammit!! :twisted:

ps-reign o'er me is a good choice and the lyric change where ed mentions his daughter (or little girl) and protecting her or something like that was sweet but the rest of that song sucked huge hairy big gay balls!! :x
that is all...

Frank RIP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:10 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Hatfield wrote:
Regardless of whoever sang what and even if this was a stellar version of RITFW, it is still fucking RITFW. It is on every other bootleg for the last 4 tours. WTF?!

Giving us a live staple as a Christmas single? I don't get it. Oh and i agree with all of you, that version is just embarassing. It's an afterschool special. A sesame street rerun. So tame and lifeless. Anyway...

my thoughts exactly why would they think we would be anything but disappointed that this contained any version of RITFW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:13 pm 
AnalLog

Veddar10 wrote:
Hatfield wrote:

my thoughts exactly why would they think we would be anything but disappointed that this contained any version of RITFW

yeah, everyone looks disappointed every time they play it live

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:14 pm 
Faithless

cincinnati dude wrote:
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003530183

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Pearl Jam's annual holiday single for members of its Ten Club fan organization will feature a pair of classic rock covers: the Who's "Love Reign O'er Me" and Neil Young's "Rockin' in the Free World," recorded live at the Make Poverty History benefit in Melbourne in November with U2's Bono and the Edge guesting.

As first reported here, the Who cover will appear in the upcoming Adam Sandler/Don Cheadle film "Reign Over Me," which opens March 9 in U.S. theaters. It was produced by Brendan O'Brien, his first work with the group since he remixed three songs from the "Ten" album for the 2004 compilation "Rearviewmirror."

Billboard.com understands there will not be a commercially released soundtrack from the film. However, "Love Reign O'er Me," which is marked by a long piano intro and ferocious screaming from frontman Eddie Vedder, has already begun garnering airplay on rock stations such as KISW-Seattle and WMMR-Philadelphia, prompting speculation it may be made available for sale as a digital download at some point in the future.

According to a post on Pearl Jam's Web site, the fan club single will hit mailboxes "sometime in February." Meanwhile, Pearl Jam is rumored to returning to the road this summer, but no details have yet been announced.

PLEASE be a Canadian Tour.
:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:24 pm 
Epitome of cool
 WWW  Profile

I forgot to renew my membership in time this year, so I won't be receiving this holiday single. I cannot say I am disappointed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 18  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam