Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam

Post subject: "Mariann Brady Restoration Project"
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:56 pm 
Force of Nature

Dear Pearl Jam fans:

A serious personal tragedy has recently affected someone very dear in the Pearl Jam fan community, and we're writing this to let everyone know.

All of us know that Pearl Jam is not just a band - for their fans, Pearl Jam is a way of life. And anyone who knows Mariann Brady or has benefited from her selfless generosity throughout the years, knows that Mariann is not just a "fan." For years, Mariann has selflessly and tirelessly served and helped the PJ community. Sharing music, extra tickets, posters, hotel rooms on the road, rides in the van … anything Mariann has, she shares. She is always "spreading the jam," and if you're reading this, chances are that sometime over the past 15 years, you've likely benefited from Mariann's wonderful generosity - maybe without even knowing it was from her. :)

Early Monday morning (Feb. 4), Mariann's home in Gaston, OR, U.S.A, was completely destroyed by a fire. She, her husband Jim and their dog Max got out of the house safely. However the fire spread quickly and they lost absolutely everything they owned. Moreover, Mariann, who is a devoutly passionate collector and lover of music, lost every poster, bootleg, T-shirt, DVD, CD, sticker and badge she possessed (ironically, one Stone Gossard badge survived intact!). Countless items that she had amassed over the years are now completely gone. Mementos of the music that buoys her everyday life went up in smoke.
In the grand scheme of things, we know it's just stuff, and that no life was lost. But we also know that all of you can understand what it must be like to have your belongings and 30 years of family history - along with the music that makes your life worth living and the momentos that make the memories come alive - destroyed before your eyes. It's painful and devastating. And almost unthinkable to recover from.

Pictures after the fire:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2198/224 ... 494018.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2115/224 ... 7bacf4.jpg

As grateful recipients of Mariann's generosity over the years, we are appealing to her friends in the PJ community to help her get back some of what was lost. (And, please, if you also know her from Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen or other taping/trading communities as well, please forward this there!)

How can you help, you ask? Any way you want.

Here are some suggestions:

1) SEND STUFF. We're looking for duplicates of any Pearl Jam merch you may have floating around, especially posters, official fan club merch, official releases of CD's, stickers…those extra things you've got laying around that you thought you might give as a gift one day or use in a trade. Excavate your own personal archives and consider what you can part with that would help rebuild Mariann's lifetime-long love of music and her intense passion for all things Pearl Jam

SEND ITEMS TO:

Brady Restoration Project
ATTN: MARIANN BRADY
40973 S.W. Burgarsky Road
Gaston, OR 97119
USA

2) SEND MONEY. Funds for a shopping spree at TenClub.com are most welcome. You can: PayPal them to crookedarm23@aol.com and they will be forwarded, or send a US Postal Service money order (made out to Mariann Brady) to: 40973 S.W. Burgarsky Road, Gaston, OR 97119

Please e-mail BradyProject@aol.com to let us know what you're sending so we can make sure everything gets to Mariann.

Any questions, comments or suggestions are welcome there, too.

3) BOOST HER SPIRITS We've created a MySpace page for you to post comments about donations, send cheery comments and connect. http://www.myspace.com/bradyproject

Thank you all in advance for your generosity,kindness and good wishes. Mariann would never ask anyone to do what we're trying to do for her - and that's exactly why we feel compelled to do it!

Take care, be safe and enjoy life!

Love,

Kathy Davis, Brian T. Smith, Bruce Wagman and the many friends of Mariann Brady

Post subject: Re: "Mariann Brady Restoration Project"
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:29 pm 
Jeff's Tramp

I had the wonderful opportunity to met Mariann before the Vancouver show in '05. My PJ collection is nothing compared to what she had, but I would be willing to help out in any way I can. I can burn bootlegs and dvds for her.

I'm so glad that she and her husband and their dog got out safely.

I heard the news on Monday. This and the news about Frank............well I never want another Monday like that ever again.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:48 pm 
Global Moderator

there is a sticky for this in the trading forum. I'd direct your posts there if you're looking for a coordinated response

The perfect gift for certain occasions

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:04 pm 
Stone's Bitch
 WWW  Profile

I think it *really REALLY SUCKS* that these kind of things happen, and to such a nice person! :cry:
Let's do whatever we can!

groetjes,
Mirella :)

93 Rdm2x 96 D L2x Ber Gro Ams Par Zür 00 L2x D Gla Man Car Par Pin Pra Kat2x Sal Lju Ver Ber Ham Ros L 01 BSB2x Sea2x 06 D Arn Ant Bern Bol Ver Mil Tor Pis Pra Ber Vie Zag 07 L Düs Nij Wer 09 L Rdm Ber Man L 10 D Belf L Ber 12 Am2x EV:Am2x

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:22 pm 
Banned from the Pit

I have been lucky enough to be a close friend of Mariann and her family. I see them all the time. When she told me about the fire I could not believe it. Thank you Kathy for starting this, I am trying to get 10c to help with getting some of the rare items.

Those of you that don't know Mariann, she is one of the kindest people that i have ever met and truly a humble person. She has helped the PJ community in many ways, and it is time to help her back.

Please send what you can.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:17 am 
Force of Nature

Thanks for your help, y'all. Let's keep it going ...

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam