Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam

Post subject: Right, I have a few things to say about talking about PJ
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:37 pm 
Got Some
 WWW  YIM  Profile

1stly, I can understand how people feel about gossipping, however there are a few things to consider:

1) It relates to the bands music, where songs come from, and yes, lyrics changing in masters of war.

2) Should it be banned from the pj sections of the forum? Possibly. But what about on the "everything else" forums? Are PJ above us? Are we allowed to speculate about the lives of, say, pjev2003, but not Pearl Jam? Are pearl jam allowed to talk about people who are, say, in the anti-abortion movement, and if they do talk about other people, does that have no accountability? Shouldn't it work 2 ways?

Perhaps these are questions which have no right or wrong answers, but they are certainly things to ponder.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them" -Karl Popper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:02 pm 
Force of Nature
 WWW  Profile

I really know that private stuff and the music interconnects, but it's one thing to talk about some people in the aspect of what they do publicly, and something else to talk about their private lives.

Also, yes, we may know some things or facts about private lives of the band memebers, but again discussing it often leads to picking thing stuff apart, speculating etc. and we just don't want it on this board.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:36 pm 
Stone's Bitch

This should be a non-issue.

It's in the board rules:
http://www.red-mosquito.de/phpBB2/board_rules.php

There are other boards that don't have such rules. If people really want to talk about such things, go find one of those boards. No matter how many of these threads are created, the board rules are not going to change. So please, stop cluttering this place up.

IBTL

"The real truth about it is: no one gets it right / The real truth about it is: we’re all supposed to try"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:52 pm 
Johnny Guitar

Simple_Torture wrote:
This should be a non-issue.

It's in the board rules:
http://www.red-mosquito.de/phpBB2/board_rules.php

There are other boards that don't have such rules. If people really want to talk about such things, go find one of those boards. No matter how many of these threads are created, the board rules are not going to change. So please, stop cluttering this place up.

IBTL

Yeah, what he said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:45 pm 
Got Some
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Hahaha cluttering this place up, quality :lol: Yeah let's have hardly any members, let's have this board dead as a dodo, some people just don't like life or people do they! Just a point dullard, one - this is the 1st thread I've started since joining this forum (and wouldn't have been a new thread if it didn't need to be), and I've raised a few very valid points, but if you want to respond like I've started 10 threads speculating about their private lives (1 to justify you would be a start!) then you go ahead, some people won't let the truth get in the way of their comebacks I guess, it's people like the people who run this site that people on lukin warned me and others about before the boards there had to end, for all the press it gets, synergy is like a support group in comparison! Remember - running a real board is much more satisfying than running an illusion you've coerced. We're all Pearl Jam fans and none of us are above any others so let's remember that eh?

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them" -Karl Popper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:50 pm 
Mike's Maniac

Hallucination wrote:
Hahaha cluttering this place up, quality :lol: Yeah let's have hardly any members, let's have this board dead as a dodo, some people just don't like life or people do they! Just a point dullard, one - this is the 1st thread I've started since joining this forum (and wouldn't have been a new thread if it didn't need to be), and I've raised a few very valid points, but if you want to respond like I've started 10 threads speculating about their private lives (1 to justify you would be a start!) then you go ahead, some people won't let the truth get in the way of their comebacks I guess, it's people like the people who run this site that people on lukin warned me and others about before the boards there had to end, for all the press it gets, synergy is like a support group in comparison! Remember - running a real board is much more satisfying than running an illusion you've coerced. We're all Pearl Jam fans and none of us are above any others so let's remember that eh?

I can't tell if you bashed The Pit (Synergy) or RM....either way I think I agree with you. I understand the intense rules about no discussions of their private lives on Pearl Jam's own bbs...but on these privately funded ones it makes no sense. Sure, we don't want to make stuff up. But, lyric changes; we should be able to speculate about until we are blue in the face. It doesn't make us stalkers, nor does is make us disrespectful.

I also love the responses like; this shouldn’t be a topic, it is in the rules. Well, that kind of mentality follows their leaders into invading a country for no reason, then when new intelligence comes out, you fail to take it into consideration because that is not in the rules. That’s not what our leader said. A true democracy is always questioning the rules it is governed by in hopes of better the place for all involved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:00 pm 
Stone's Bitch

aNiMaL wrote:
A true democracy is always questioning the rules it is governed by in hopes of better the place for all involved.

This board isn't a democracy. It's run by people who pay money to keep it up. Their own money. And recently a lot of people donated their money to keep the board going. Out of respect for those people, I think we should all follow the rules. It really, really shouldn't ruin your day that you can't come here and talk about such things. It doesn't ruin my day when people make these threads over and over again, but it does get a little annoying. Why not PM the mods if you want to discuss the rules? That makes a little more sense.

Oh, and comparing listening to the mods to listening to a corupt government...that's just a little out there. And when I say a little, I mean a lot. This board isn't a matter of life and death for anyone, it's just a diversion. Let's try to keep it fun.

"The real truth about it is: no one gets it right / The real truth about it is: we’re all supposed to try"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:49 pm 
Mike's Maniac

Simple_Torture wrote:
aNiMaL wrote:
A true democracy is always questioning the rules it is governed by in hopes of better the place for all involved.

This board isn't a democracy. It's run by people who pay money to keep it up. Their own money. And recently a lot of people donated their money to keep the board going. Out of respect for those people, I think we should all follow the rules. It really, really shouldn't ruin your day that you can't come here and talk about such things. It doesn't ruin my day when people make these threads over and over again, but it does get a little annoying. Why not PM the mods if you want to discuss the rules? That makes a little more sense.

Oh, and comparing listening to the mods to listening to a corupt government...that's just a little out there. And when I say a little, I mean a lot. This board isn't a matter of life and death for anyone, it's just a diversion. Let's try to keep it fun.

Well, thanks for that, I think. Nothing on any message board has ever "ruined" my day. I actually have more control over my emotions than that. Good point though, this is not a democracy...it's more like China or Cuba. Even though it is privately funded, it is for public use and the public will decide what they will and will not question. I still believe in questioning those who make the rules....call me a rebel or defiant.

Yeah, maybe the parallel between invading a country on bad intelligence and not question your leader about it and not being able to discuss a lyric change in a PJ song is a far leap…but still I see the connection.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:38 pm 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

If you don't like the rules, then stop making these posts and just leave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:45 pm 
Mike's Maniac

Ensign9 wrote:

Would you also suggest that people move to Canada if they don't like the rules in the USA???? I think that is bad advice. But, that's just me. :D

I don't mean to be a downer to anybody.....Sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:45 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 YIM  Profile

Simple Torture was right.

This board is not a democracy.

Ask Buggy for clarification if you need, but the rules are the rules here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:46 pm 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

aNiMaL wrote:
Ensign9 wrote:

Would you also suggest that people move to Canada if they don't like the rules in the USA???? I think that is bad advice. But, that's just me. :D

I don't mean to be a downer to anybody.....Sorry.

I have a hard time comparing a nation of 275 million people to an Internet message board.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:47 pm 
Mike's Maniac

tsunami wrote:

So your against freedom of speach? So, we can't discuss lyric changes or the rules here on this board??? Hmmm....I see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:51 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 YIM  Profile

aNiMaL wrote:
tsunami wrote:

So your against freedom of speach? So, we can't discuss lyric changes or the rules here on this board??? Hmmm....I see.

If you have further questions I would refer them to the admins or mods.

I don't think there is anything else to say on this topic.

If you don't like the rules on this private board, there are plenty of other boards to check out.

That is the way things operate here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:54 pm 
Mike's Maniac

tsunami wrote:
aNiMaL wrote:
tsunami wrote:

If you have further questions I would refer them to the admins or mods.

I don't think there is anything else to say on this topic.

If you don't like the rules on this private board, there are plenty of other boards to check out.

That is the way things operate here.

I agree...this topic has been pounded into the ground to DEATH!!! And I am really bored with it too. See ya around! :)

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam