Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Eddie Vedder and smoking.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:20 am 
Founding Bitch

Riot Actor 25 wrote:
Its about time we initiated a "Please Stop Smoking" sign campaign. His upcoming solo tour is the perfect time for it. :|

Seeing as he sells his own custom lighters as merchandise, that aint a good idea :wink:

Wilderness 1:49-2:04. Diamond Dust.

Window Washer's Dream - Planet Sonata's Intension

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:22 am 
Stone's Bitch
 WWW  Profile

Weren't rumored song titels 'Cigarette Song' and 'Cigarette Song II'? I can't wait to hear lyrics :lol:

groetjes,
Mirella :) (thought this was a new thread but it's over 3 years old already)

93 Rdm2x 96 D L2x Ber Gro Ams Par Zür 00 L2x D Gla Man Car Par Pin Pra Kat2x Sal Lju Ver Ber Ham Ros L 01 BSB2x Sea2x 06 D Arn Ant Bern Bol Ver Mil Tor Pis Pra Ber Vie Zag 07 L Düs Nij Wer 09 L Rdm Ber Man L 10 D Belf L Ber 12 Am2x EV:Am2x

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:23 am 
Former PJ Drummer
 WWW  Profile

This is part of that endemic ownership shite thatseems to be rife among Pj fandom. It's his fuckin' voice, his life and it's nobody's business what he chooses to do with it..How do we know he doesn't want a gravelly old growl like Waits for later in his career? It's completely his decision and we should shut the fuck up and get the fuck off.

Juve-correct also about the lighters.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:16 am 
Banned from the Pit

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Riot Actor 25 wrote:
Its about time we initiated a "Please Stop Smoking" sign campaign. His upcoming solo tour is the perfect time for it. :|

That's a pretty piss poor thing to do. Nothing annoys smokers more than a bunch of people trying to convince them to quit smoking.

I agree totally. If it was me, I wouldn't take kindly to it. In fact, I'd be remarkably pissed off.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:52 am 
Unthought Known

Jesus. It was just a joke. If I were to organize a bunch of people for a common purpose, getting Eddie off cigarettes would be pretty low on the list.

"Remember back the early days when you were young and thus amazed."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:10 am 
Force of Nature

Riot Actor 25 wrote:
Jesus. It was just a joke. If I were to organize a bunch of people for a common purpose, getting Eddie off cigarettes would be pretty low on the list.

Hicks is amazingly funny. My favorite comedian tied with George Carlin.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:28 am 
Former PJ Drummer

lol @

they renamed the thread in my honor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:45 am 
Banned from the Pit

dimejinky99 wrote:
It's his fuckin' voice, his life and it's nobody's business what he chooses to do with it..

While I really don't care much about Ed smoking in any other capacity than being concerned for a human being's health, his 'business' is his voice. It's a large part of his contribution to the band. The band creates a product that they aim to sell to fans. If fans have qualms with something that relates to this product that they're purchasing, why shouldn't they be able to voice their concerns about it? It's sort of a cold way to put it, but basically, that's what it comes down to.[/devilsadvocate]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:47 am 
Former PJ Drummer

I hope the smoking kills him in the next 5 or so years so the band can find a singer that 1) can actually sing and 2) isn't an egotistical twat.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:15 am 
Force of Nature

Buffalohed wrote:
I hope the smoking kills him in the next 5 or so years so the band can find a singer that 1) can actually sing and 2) isn't an egotistical twat.

hahahaha I love that you said that.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:06 am 
Reissued
 WWW  Profile

Buffalohed wrote:
I hope the smoking kills him in the next 5 or so years so the band can find a singer that 2) isn't an egotistical twat.

you want a singer less like yourself?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:28 am 
Former PJ Drummer
 WWW  Profile

ashen wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
It's his fuckin' voice, his life and it's nobody's business what he chooses to do with it..

While I really don't care much about Ed smoking in any other capacity than being concerned for a human being's health, his 'business' is his voice. It's a large part of his contribution to the band. The band creates a product that they aim to sell to fans. If fans have qualms with something that relates to this product that they're purchasing, why shouldn't they be able to voice their concerns about it? It's sort of a cold way to put it, but basically, that's what it comes down to.[/devilsadvocate]

True but i gotta laugh at your sig while you're posting that :haha:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:05 am 
Johnny Guitar

Irving wrote:
Riot Actor 25 wrote:

who died of cancer.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:22 am 
Red Mosquito, my libido

noi wrote:
Irving wrote:
Riot Actor 25 wrote:

who died of cancer.

But it's his choice to smoke, and no one has the right to make him stop.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:11 pm 
Global Moderator

There's also no problem with concerned people trying to get someone to quit either. Fans can't force Eddie to quit, but they're allowed to voice their opinion on that as much as Eddie has his platform to talk about politics (which I also support him having). Just because Eddie is allowed to make his choice doesn't mean that the people he comes in contact with lose their right to have an opinion on it, or express it.

The perfect gift for certain occasions

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:15 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

stip wrote:
There's also no problem with concerned people trying to get someone to quit either. Fans can't force Eddie to quit, but they're allowed to voice their opinion on that as much as Eddie has his platform to talk about politics (which I also support him having). Just because Eddie is allowed to make his choice doesn't mean that the people he comes in contact with lose their right to have an opinion on it, or express it.

Agreed, however in my experience 90% of the people who have tried to convinve me to quit smoking have been total dicks about it. I know it's unhealthy and will give me cancer, someone constantly telling me that isn't going to change anything for me.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:16 pm 
Global Moderator

cutuphalfdead wrote:
stip wrote:

Agreed, however in my experience 90% of the people who have tried to convinve me to quit smoking have been total dicks about it. I know it's unhealthy and will give me cancer, someone constantly telling me that isn't going to change anything for me.

Sure--I'm not saying it's tactically going to be useful or anything

The perfect gift for certain occasions

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:17 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

stip wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
stip wrote:

Sure--I'm not saying it's tactically going to be useful or anything

Whenever anyone sees me smoking and tells me it's "bad for me" I usually go "OMG REALLY? I HAD NO IDEA, I'LL QUIT RIGHT NOW!"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:45 pm 
Stone's Bitch
 WWW  Profile

That's really smart :wink: :shake: :twisted:

groetjes,
Mirella :)

93 Rdm2x 96 D L2x Ber Gro Ams Par Zür 00 L2x D Gla Man Car Par Pin Pra Kat2x Sal Lju Ver Ber Ham Ros L 01 BSB2x Sea2x 06 D Arn Ant Bern Bol Ver Mil Tor Pis Pra Ber Vie Zag 07 L Düs Nij Wer 09 L Rdm Ber Man L 10 D Belf L Ber 12 Am2x EV:Am2x

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:55 pm 
In a van down by the river

well, maybe if ed had the proper perspective he might change his mind. he has a child now and i can definately say first hand how horrible it is to watch your father to slowly lose the battle, and im not even speaking of cancer, but the other problems associated with it

but eds a big boy, if he wants to do it, fine, but at the same time, if people want to criticize him and others for doing so, so be it too, since theres people who disagree with his raving lunacy on politics yet still put up with it

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam