Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 111  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:47 pm 
Global Moderator

FAF80 wrote:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/ncaatourney06/columns/story?id=2369374

Joe Lunardi from espn breaks down the ncaa tourney. Scroll down to No. 33 - Tennessee.

:)

The perfect gift for certain occasions

Post subject: radio teasers
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:22 pm 
Force of Nature
 WWW  YIM  Profile

so im driving to work this morning and am listening to sports talk radio and they play a san francisco giants spring training teaser, ya know...the type of teaser where its just various clips of the announcers calling various exciting runs scored etc. and all of a sudden what do i notice playing in the background of the ad but the intro to worldwide suicide!! it made me smile...like this emoticon. :D

Post subject: Re: radio teasers
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:22 pm 
Banned from the Pit
 WWW  Profile

dannyschmanny wrote:
so im driving to work this morning and am listening to sports talk radio and they play a san francisco giants spring training teaser, ya know...the type of teaser where its just various clips of the announcers calling various exciting runs scored etc. and all of a sudden what do i notice playing in the background of the ad but the intro to worldwide suicide!! it made me smile...like this emoticon. :D

this reminds me of watching the bears last year and fox had a brain of j bumper.. haha

weird but funny

my shows: chicago stadium 94, soldier field 95, toledo 96, oakland (4) 97, chicago, alpine valley (2), indi, st louis, K.C. 98, tibetan freedom alpine valley, chicago, mountain view (2) 99, alpine valley, phoenix, las vegas 00, champaign 04, chicago 05.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:34 pm 
Administrator
 WWW  Profile

GO GIANTS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:00 pm 
Unthought Known

Go Cowboy$ !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:03 pm 
Force of Nature

Buggy wrote:
GO GIANTS!

you really do have the best avatar around here

Post subject: The Sports Guy is Excited About the New Album
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:43 am 
Got Some

for those of you who read the sports guy on espn.com, this is from his two-hour online chat today:

"I know you're not excited about the new Pearl Jam album, but the new single is good. Think you'll try to see them live?

Bill Simmons: (2:12 PM ET ) Wait a second ... I never said that I wasn't excited about the new Pearl jam album. I said that, for the first time in my life, I heard that Pearl Jam had a new album coming out and didn't think, "Holy crap, it's a new Pearl jam album! Yippee!" Doesn't mean I won't buy it and hope it's good. And by all accounts, this has all the makings of a major comeback album. Now I'm excited about it. "

he's a self-proclaimed fan, but wrote in a column last week that he wasn't excited about the new album. later in the chat he quotes himself about the not being excited and retracts it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... ons/060322

any publicity is good publicity, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:44 am 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/vie ... hp?t=31277

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:56 am 
Got Some

Ensign9 wrote:
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewtopic.php?t=31277

thank ya sir, i knew there was a thread like this around, but i couldn't find it. the efficiency of this board is scary some times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:04 am 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

last friday i was in the car on the way back from tennis and the radio was on, we were talking so i wasnt really paying attention to the radio as they were talking about something uninteresting, with music in the background. anyway there was a split second of silence and i heard a lead break in the background of the announcer. i was like "...HEY, THATS PEARL JAM! TURN IT UP!" it was the solo in animal but i missed what they were saying about them :cry: anybody from aus listen to triple j on friday night?

denverapolis wrote:
fishbob is the motherfucking man

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:52 pm 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/s ... id=2395457

Quote:
Hello Mr. Buccigross,

On April 8, I will be playing the biggest hockey game of my life, the Pennsylvania High School State Championship. My team has had an undefeated season so far at 25-0-0 and are looking to extend our win streak to 26. As a man with obvious great taste in music, I was wondering what music you recommend to listen to before in order to get myself prepared; or any other advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated (for example how to keep my nerves down).

Thanks,
Jon Wilen
Mt. Lebanon Blue Devils

Considering your circumstances, I would recommend a mix of Pearl Jam songs. I find Pearl Jam to combine a soulful, desperate, intense approach. A contemplative rage that is perfect for your preparation. Pearl Jam will usher you to a state championship.

April 8 is not the biggest game of your life, Jon. It will be the best game of your life. You will be faster and stronger than you've ever been. Your concentration level will be higher than it's ever been. You will do well because you care. Your eyes will be wide open all game. Yes, you will feel nauseous every day, including April 8. But, when the puck drops you will play with a contemplative rage. You will be alert, in control, fast and strong. The person who thinks calmly and clearly in stressful situations is the person who completes the task. In stressful situations, people either freeze, panic or calmly walk through the door. Visualize what you want to happen. See the game play out. Leave everything on the ice. Calmly walk through the door. And you'll be a champion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:40 am 
Force of Nature
 WWW  YIM  Profile

tonight on sportscenter...

"what Stone Gossard is to Pearl Jam, Albert Pujols is to the Cardinals" describing Pujols' Homer in Philly tonight. hehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:36 pm 
Global Moderator

dannyschmanny wrote:

"what Stone Gossard is to Pearl Jam, Albert Pujols is to the Cardinals" describing Pujols' Homer in Philly tonight. hehe

great analogy

The perfect gift for certain occasions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:54 pm 
Cameron's Stallion
 WWW  Profile

fishbob wrote:
last friday i was in the car on the way back from tennis and the radio was on, we were talking so i wasnt really paying attention to the radio as they were talking about something uninteresting, with music in the background. anyway there was a split second of silence and i heard a lead break in the background of the announcer. i was like "...HEY, THATS PEARL JAM! TURN IT UP!" it was the solo in animal but i missed what they were saying about them :cry: anybody from aus listen to triple j on friday night?

ask over in the aussie fans thread.

13/11/06 Melbourne, 20/11/09 Melbourne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:09 pm 
Force of Nature

On CSI this weekend (it was a repeat) some band had their singer die of an overdose. During the interview with the remaining members, it was mentioned that they had toured with Pearl Jam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:08 pm 
Force of Nature
 WWW  Profile

dannyschmanny wrote:

heh, i just came in here and i was going to post the exact same thing... i did a double take when i heard it and had to rewind my dvr to make sure i wasn't going crazy...

Post subject: ANY INDYCAR FANS ON HERE, ONE OF THE DRIVERS IS A BIG PJ FAN
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:46 pm 
Banned from the Pit
 WWW  Profile

If not, it's an amazing sport, forget about boring NASCAR. You even have a driver to cheer for:

http://www.pantherracing.com/content/view/463//

That picture is my new baby boy :D :D :D

The driver is Vitor Meira and he finished 2nd at the Indianapolis 500 last year. He lists Pearl Jam as his favorite band in the programs so I asked on their board how big a fan he was and he responded. Their webmaster is a huge fan as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:59 pm 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

OH MY GOD

Post subject: Re: ANY INDYCAR FANS ON HERE, ONE OF THE DRIVERS IS A BIG PJ
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:28 pm 
Of Counsel

Faceless Man wrote:
If not, it's an amazing sport, forget about boring NASCAR. You even have a driver to cheer for:

http://www.pantherracing.com/content/view/463//

That picture is my new baby boy :D :D :D

The driver is Vitor Meira and he finished 2nd at the Indianapolis 500 last year. He lists Pearl Jam as his favorite band in the programs so I asked on their board how big a fan he was and he responded. Their webmaster is a huge fan as well.

My first son is named Sam and my wife's name is Alicia. How about that? :D

Cool article, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:30 pm 
Stone's Bitch
 WWW  Profile

On the Series Finale of Friends when they're at the Airport the Yellow Ledbetter intro is playing. I just watched it for the first time like a month ago, i couldn't believe it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 111  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam