Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
 Post subject: Re: Let's Actually Listen to the Albums: No Code
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:03 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

stip wrote:
Hatfield wrote:
No Code hit me again last week in a major way. I cannot get over the song writing (how did they pull In My Tree out of themselves?) production, the tone of the guitars, the layers and layers of vocals, how all of it melds together so well and the color the entire album puts in my head.

I was recently reading through the PJ20 book and it talked about Binaural sounding like you are sitting in the room with the band. For me listening to that album, it has always felt like their is a barrier between me and the band. Mike so distant and Ed's vocals separate and on top of the music. No Code is completely the opposite.

No Code is the album that fits alongside bands like Radiohead, Neil Young, Zeppelin....It is bigger than just a good Pearl Jam record.

Coach, you are spot on about Habit. I was so dissapointed when I heard it 1996 and now it seems to me one of the best rock songs they've put together.

Kevin Davis, give me a full No Code write up please?

please do. I keep trying to sit down to write one and can't really get inspired to do it.

Didn't I do it at the beginning of this thread? I thought I did all of these, but maybe not. Damned if I didn't, I was just planning on copying and pasting all of these into a word document and releasing it as my next book.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:34 pm 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

Kevin Davis wrote:
stip wrote:
Hatfield wrote:
No Code hit me again last week in a major way. I cannot get over the song writing (how did they pull In My Tree out of themselves?) production, the tone of the guitars, the layers and layers of vocals, how all of it melds together so well and the color the entire album puts in my head.

I was recently reading through the PJ20 book and it talked about Binaural sounding like you are sitting in the room with the band. For me listening to that album, it has always felt like their is a barrier between me and the band. Mike so distant and Ed's vocals separate and on top of the music. No Code is completely the opposite.

No Code is the album that fits alongside bands like Radiohead, Neil Young, Zeppelin....It is bigger than just a good Pearl Jam record.

Coach, you are spot on about Habit. I was so dissapointed when I heard it 1996 and now it seems to me one of the best rock songs they've put together.

please do. I keep trying to sit down to write one and can't really get inspired to do it.

Didn't I do it at the beginning of this thread? I thought I did all of these, but maybe not. Damned if I didn't, I was just planning on copying and pasting all of these into a word document and releasing it as my next book.

Couldn't find it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:29 pm 
Global Moderator

Kevin Davis wrote:
stip wrote:
Hatfield wrote:

oh I was imagining something a little more involved. It can wait for the next book.

The perfect gift for certain occasions

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam