Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1702 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 86  Next

What sucks the most about the Ten Club?
They have Nazi's running the official forum. 21%  21%  [ 11 ]
They ship things wrong. 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
They mess up the products that they offer for sale. 17%  17%  [ 9 ]
They don't invite fans to their strategic planning meetings. 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Their website is for shit. 11%  11%  [ 6 ]
The Rob is too short. 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Tim B. is overweight. 13%  13%  [ 7 ]
These pretzels are making me thirsty! 25%  25%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 51
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:03 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Cal Varnsen wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Are Kat and Sea the only 2 employees of the 10C?

i didnt think kat and sea worked for the 10c...?

What are they then?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:05 pm 
AnalLog

pearljamminagain wrote:
it's amazing how pathetic some of you can be.... all you do is bitch and moan, and when they try to give some sort of explanation, all of you dismiss it and say shit like "it shouldnt have been written" and "i laughed as i read it"... yada, yada... i wish they could find out who some of you are and go ahead and kick your asses right out of the fanclub
to clarify: i was laughing at the fact that they took the time to respond so politely to these kids who are crying about not getting tickets.

i didn't get tickets, and i don't feel the need to make a thread about how the fan club sucks or how i missed work/school to buy tickets. boo-fucking-hoo, shit happens, move on. if you think the 10 club sucks get the fuck out of it so i can get better seats. tickets are on sale saturday morning anyway, you can bet i'll be outside the wachovia center around 7 am. im sure they wont be the best seats in the house, but if you wanna be up close that bad, go to ebay and fork up the $.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:17 pm 
Force of Nature

the big free surprise is a free concert, all fan club members are going to be invited, where? i don´t know. but they will play all the new album and some more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:24 pm 
Corin's Cutie

CopperTom wrote:
Cal Varnsen wrote:
CopperTom wrote:

What are they then?

They run the synergy site..all I know for sure.

I always wiondered what was going to happen when they left sony, but they stuck w/ sony (in a way) so nothing to worry about there!

Maybe Kat and Sea are really Jeff and Stone!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:04 am 
Camden Crew

Conscientious Objector wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Cal Varnsen wrote:
CopperTom wrote:

What are they then?

They run the synergy site..all I know for sure.

yeah, i think thats it, or close.

kat, sea, and synergy are different from the 10c.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:50 am 
Former PJ Drummer

moloboom wrote:
the big free surprise is a free concert, all fan club members are going to be invited, where? i don´t know. but they will play all the new album and some more.

you better not be kiddin man :evil: :evil: :evil:

oh yeah, :arrow:

durdencommatyler wrote:
iPones, man. Fuck.

Proud member of: Team Binaural and Team Argo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:30 pm 
Force of Nature

warehouse21sj wrote:
pearljamminagain wrote:
it's amazing how pathetic some of you can be.... all you do is bitch and moan, and when they try to give some sort of explanation, all of you dismiss it and say shit like "it shouldnt have been written" and "i laughed as i read it"... yada, yada... i wish they could find out who some of you are and go ahead and kick your asses right out of the fanclub
to clarify: i was laughing at the fact that they took the time to respond so politely to these kids who are crying about not getting tickets.

i didn't get tickets, and i don't feel the need to make a thread about how the fan club sucks or how i missed work/school to buy tickets. boo-fucking-hoo, shit happens, move on. if you think the 10 club sucks get the fuck out of it so i can get better seats. tickets are on sale saturday morning anyway, you can bet i'll be outside the wachovia center around 7 am. im sure they wont be the best seats in the house, but if you wanna be up close that bad, go to ebay and fork up the $.

It's obviously easy for you to say all of this. It's not easy for a lot of us to miss work. It costs us not just in terms of money, but in terms of what you have to do in order to gear up to miss work.

In addition, the explanation about how now they're on their own (and that is the reason for the glitch) is lame to the point of being laughable. This is no different than what has happened whenever they offer anything that a lot of people want that's in limited supply. The site is not set up to handle heavy spikes in demand. It never has been. There's no difference between trying to get tickets to Philly as there is getting a chance to buy Benaroya on vinyl.

I don't think the fan club sucks, but their set up for handling spikes does.

I'm sure people who live in Idaho can be outside the Wachovia Center at 7 a.m. on Saturday. No problem, man!

Also, I didn't want tickets to this event and didn't try for them. My prediction of what happened was exactly what happened. And my prediction is just based on years of dealing with the 10C.

Again, I think the 10C is run by nice people with a less than adequate system. They are responsive to ideas--they do change what they can--and they probably have surprising constraints they're working under. So, I do sympathize.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:26 pm 
Got Some

moloboom wrote:

They are going to play at each of our individual houses. Because we deserve it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:29 pm 
Administrator

the verb to trust wrote:
moloboom wrote:

I heard we get to sleep with their wives, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:30 pm 
Devil's Advocate

the verb to trust wrote:
moloboom wrote:

You are absolutely right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:51 pm 
Force of Nature

youkan fakoff wrote:
Maybe the big surprise will be like the european tour thing...WOOT IM SO EXCITED

Believe it when i see it

Youkan

Maybe European fans can do some more "early rejoicing"!!!!111!! :?

Germany will launch a nuclear attack on these countries once it has defeated Iran.(that aint to far away)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:55 pm 
Got Some

moloboom wrote:

fan club only shows in small clubs throughout the US.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:12 pm 
Of Counsel

petemd wrote:
moloboom wrote:

fan club only shows in small clubs throughout the US.

As much as I'd love that, they couldn't do that for free. The letter did say "free" didn't it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:51 pm 
In a van down by the river

my email to ten club

Quote:
Dear Sirs or Mam,

It has come to my attention in the past few days that some fans have their panties or diapers in knots over the servers not being able to handle the requests for the Filly tickets, and some have even started to sign one of those clever-it-always-works-petitions online, you know, the one you can start and ask people to sign your petition to your girlfriend, or boyfriend, to give you the 3rd input, in the hopes that it will actually work.

As much as I enjoy the music by the band, and appreciate some of the items I have purchased from time to time from your site, I hope the band just retires and enjoy their lives post-rock band. Not all the fans, but the majority of them, feel the band is obliged to do everything in their power, including but not limited to, playing at their wedding, birthday, their buddy's kegger or any and every other social event you can think of.

These fans, instead of appreciating the things that are done for them, will only harp on the negative, and can be quite childish at times in their rants. Is it really that big of a deal if a X-mas single is a few months late? Last time I checked, the world was still spinning. You don't hear me bitching about Wang Chung not doing this stuff do you?

Keep up the good work, and if I were you, I'd unplug the servers at totally random times just for shits and giggles.

Jerry Peoples

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:57 pm 
Camden Crew

^ i enjoyed that immensely peeps. thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:58 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Peeps wrote:
my email to ten club

Quote:
Dear Sirs or Mam,

It has come to my attention in the past few days that some fans have their panties or diapers in knots over the servers not being able to handle the requests for the Filly tickets, and some have even started to sign one of those clever-it-always-works-petitions online, you know, the one you can start and ask people to sign your petition to your girlfriend, or boyfriend, to give you the 3rd input, in the hopes that it will actually work.

As much as I enjoy the music by the band, and appreciate some of the items I have purchased from time to time from your site, I hope the band just retires and enjoy their lives post-rock band. Not all the fans, but the majority of them, feel the band is obliged to do everything in their power, including but not limited to, playing at their wedding, birthday, their buddy's kegger or any and every other social event you can think of.

These fans, instead of appreciating the things that are done for them, will only harp on the negative, and can be quite childish at times in their rants. Is it really that big of a deal if a X-mas single is a few months late? Last time I checked, the world was still spinning. You don't hear me bitching about Wang Chung not doing this stuff do you?

Keep up the good work, and if I were you, I'd unplug the servers at totally random times just for shits and giggles.

Jerry Peoples

If that letter is legitimate, you are definately more pathetic than anyone who's complained.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:09 pm 
Administrator

CopperTom wrote:
Peeps wrote:
my email to ten club

Quote:
Dear Sirs or Mam,

Jerry Peoples

If that letter is legitimate, you are definately more pathetic than anyone who's complained.

But it would make him my hero.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:12 pm 
Unthought Known
 YIM  Profile

Peeps wrote:
my email to ten club

Quote:
Dear Sirs or Mam,

Jerry Peoples

Mildly amusing. I guess you fall under the "the band and anyone affiliated with the band can do no wrong" philosophy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:46 pm 
Supersonic

10c made the baby jesus cry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:15 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

jimmac24 wrote:
Peeps wrote:
my email to ten club

Quote:
Dear Sirs or Mam,

Jerry Peoples

Mildly amusing. I guess you fall under the "the band and anyone affiliated with the band can do no wrong" philosophy.

I don't know how you came to that conclusion by reading that post. I can't speak for peeps, but it seems to me that he's of the "the band doesn't owe me anything" philosophy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1702 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 86  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam