Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1378 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 69  Next

Well....
I love it 23%  23%  [ 24 ]
It is decent 48%  48%  [ 49 ]
It sucks 27%  27%  [ 28 ]
Total votes : 101
 Post subject: Re: Olé -new song-
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:51 pm 
The Snowboy

deep wrote:
Harmless wrote:
deep wrote:
ejny wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

That video has absolutely awful audio.

But, it is pretty funny how pissed Ed was at the end. Even if the song's not a favorite, its got to be really annoying to look down in the front rows and see people standing there video taping with their cell phones, etc. Can you even enjoy a show doing that? Pretty pathetic.

I was in front row on Mikes side and rocking my ass off during the entire show. Fuck Ed.
maybe he should bring that intensity to the studio instead of yelling at his fans who have allowed Pearl Jam to remain a band all these years

Yep. Pretty lame that you'd get pissed off at how the crowd was / wasn't responding. Maybe they just didn't dig it, in which case (as far as I know) you play harder.

And also, this song is very very lame

It's alright. But there's no doubt that a lot of people are gonna think it's lame. Contrary to popular opinion, it's not very hard to write a good song.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:53 pm 
Got Some

deep wrote:
have allowed Pearl Jam to remain a band all these years

Yep. Pretty lame that you'd get pissed off at how the crowd was / wasn't responding. Maybe they just didn't dig it, in which case (as far as I know) you play harder.[/quote]

And also, this song is very very lame[/quote]

---------------------------------------

I wasn't there or know much about what happened, but I thought he was annoyed that they were standing the whole show. But, I do agree that he shouldn't bite the hand that feeds him. Those front row people (while zombies half the time) have been with the band since the beginning.

But, what do you guys think about the people just standing there video taping? I couldn't imagine doing that from those seats.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:56 pm 
AnalLog

Harmless wrote:
deep wrote:
ejny wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

But, it is pretty funny how pissed Ed was at the end. Even if the song's not a favorite, its got to be really annoying to look down in the front rows and see people standing there video taping with their cell phones, etc. Can you even enjoy a show doing that? Pretty pathetic.

I was in front row on Mikes side and rocking my ass off during the entire show. Fuck Ed.
maybe he should bring that intensity to the studio instead of yelling at his fans who have allowed Pearl Jam to remain a band all these years

Yep. Pretty lame that you'd get pissed off at how the crowd was / wasn't responding. Maybe they just didn't dig it, in which case (as far as I know) you play harder.

isnt that what he was doing?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:01 pm 
The Snowboy

warehouse wrote:
Harmless wrote:
deep wrote:
ejny wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

Was it? I wasn't there.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:07 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

Ed has been getting pissed off at disengaged crowds since day 1. Its what he does.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:09 pm 
The Snowboy

62strat wrote:
Ed has been getting pissed off at disengaged crowds since day 1. Its what he does.

Maybe. It's not as funny when you're nearly fifty though. It's too easy to respond with 'Well you're a bit crap now, aren't you fella.'

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:10 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

it appears as though Mr. Vedder ought to find a better balance of caring and not caring just enough to please everyone.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:12 pm 
Got Some

i'm in favor of Ed being pissed more often

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:13 pm 
The Snowboy

Yup. Thing is, I used to see him getting pissed off at crowds and shrug it off because he was Godlike. Now it just makes me laugh. It's the old teacher's adage: 'You're wasting no one's time but your own.' It's true. Who's experience is he making better by yelling at someone in the crowd?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:22 pm 
Got Some

Harmless wrote:
Yup. Thing is, I used to see him getting pissed off at crowds and shrug it off because he was Godlike. Now it just makes me laugh. It's the old teacher's adage: 'You're wasting no one's time but your own.' It's true. Who's experience is he making better by yelling at someone in the crowd?

unfortunately, writing a song like The Fixer put him into this ungodlike position.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:23 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

Harmless wrote:

I dont think this is the same as swearing at your computer though.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:23 pm 
Stone's Bitch

I know a lot has been said about Doug RR, texting/looking uninterested in the front, Ed freaking out, etc. All I know is if ever had the honor of being in the front few rows I would be rocking out really hard.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:28 pm 
AnalLog

Harmless wrote:
warehouse wrote:
Harmless wrote:
deep wrote:
ejny wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

Was it? I wasn't there.

i wasnt there either, but it sure looked like he he was singing harder when he went up to doug rr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:30 pm 
The Snowboy

ejny wrote:
Harmless wrote:

unfortunately, writing a song like The Fixer put him into this ungodlike position.

Well, while I like The Fixer, it's not the kind of song that inspires a great deal of 'rocking out'. Neither is Ole. For fuck's sake, you can't play a piano concerto or Barnie The Dinosaur and then complain that nobody's getting into it. At some point you've got to admit that it's not their fault. The song isn't very good.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:36 pm 
Got Some

Harmless wrote:
ejny wrote:
Harmless wrote:

Well, while I like The Fixer, it's not the kind of song that inspires a great deal of 'rocking out'. Neither is Ole. For fuck's sake, you can't play a piano concerto or Barnie The Dinosaur and then complain that nobody's getting into it. At some point you've got to admit that it's not their fault. The song isn't very good.

I dig Ole, but I'm not surprised a lot of people don't. And, as much as I like it, I don't think it would come off that great in concert anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:42 pm 
The Snowboy

ejny wrote:
Harmless wrote:
ejny wrote:
Harmless wrote:

I dig Ole, but I'm not surprised a lot of people don't. And, as much as I like it, I don't think it would come off that great in concert anyway.

Right on the money. It's a nice little throwaway rocker, but I can't imagine setting aside time to it at a gig. Unless it was a punk gig, in which it would fit right in, because a lot of punk songs are filler. *hides*

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:57 pm 
Force of Nature

Harmless wrote:
ejny wrote:
Harmless wrote:

Again, in my experience, a response like this from Ed isn't garnered by just a lackluster response to a solitary song...usually it is someone who just appears to be out of tune for the whole show.

Funny how we didn't get this "don't bite the hand that feeds you" after Uniondale 2003. Do people listen to boots? A show to them is more than just playing a bunch of songs, and they are the first to heap praise and play extra for audiences that are really into it, or play a request for a specific fan that show emotion or dedication. Ed thanks audiences for enabling his lifestyle to a fault...it is like, every single show where he makes a speech about it. So he gets in the moment during a song you don't like this one time and it is all "screw Ed, man, what a freaking tool"?? Ease up.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:05 pm 
The Snowboy

track12 wrote:
Harmless wrote:
ejny wrote:
Harmless wrote:

Again, in my experience, a response like this from Ed isn't garnered by just a lackluster response to a solitary song...usually it is someone who just appears to be out of tune for the whole show.

Funny how we didn't get this "don't bite the hand that feeds you" after Uniondale 2003. Do people listen to boots? A show to them is more than just playing a bunch of songs, and they are the first to heap praise and play extra for audiences that are really into it, or play a request for a specific fan that show emotion or dedication. Ed thanks audiences for enabling his lifestyle to a fault...it is like, every single show where he makes a speech about it. So he gets in the moment during a song you don't like this one time and it is all "screw Ed, man, what a freaking tool"?? Ease up.

I didn't say that though. I love Ed. He's like an annoying older brother; I criticise him, but he's been with me for years. (Except I've never had a man crush on my older brother.)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:48 pm 
Got Some

I dunno, Ed's gotta be careful these days. Javier Diaz is out there. Waiting.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:29 pm 
Unthought Known

I'm in favor of whatever keeps seating seniority in place.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1378 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 69  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam