Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112  Next
 Post subject: Re: Why the bitterness towards Ten Club?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:46 am 
Johnny Guitar

http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=187084
Quote:
A big thanks to the 10 Club for all that you do. We would like to thank you for the latest treasures we received in the mail. I've got room on my truck and guitar case for the stickers. The poster will get framed as well. We also understand that $40 per year is very reasonable. The rising costs of shipping coupled with the cost of providing us with all the goods and services we receive must create some challenges for you. I would be happy if all I got was the Holiday single and access to 10C tickets, anything more is gravy. We can't wait for the next installment of DEEP magazine and are especially excited to see what the next single will be. It's such an honor to be a part of this club and to be a fan of one of the greatest bands of all time.

Last edited by hopethatuchoke on Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:49 am 
Unthought Known
 WWW  Profile

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:04 am 
Force of Nature

hopethatuchoke wrote:
http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=187084
Quote:
A big thanks to the 10 Club for all that you do. We would like to thank you for the latest treasures we received in the mail. I've got room on my truck and guitar case for the stickers. The poster will get framed as well. We also understand that $40 per year is very reasonable. The rising costs of shipping coupled with the cost of providing us with all the goods and services we receive must create some challenges for you. I would be happy if all I got was the Holiday single and access to 10C tickets, anything more is gravy. We can't wait for the next installment of DEEP magazine and are especially excited to see what the next single will be. It's such an honor to be a part of this club and to be a fan of one of the greatest bands of all time.

LOLZ.

Oh dang, that links not there any more.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:07 am 
Master of Meh

dumbcharger wrote:
hopethatuchoke wrote:
Quote:

LOLZ.

Oh dang, that links not there any more.

This link works: http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic ... 4&t=187084

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:21 am 
Force of Nature

Rebar wrote:
stickers.

I'm 38 years old, Pearl Jam.

I'm feeling this.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:24 am 
Master of Meh

dumbcharger wrote:
Rebar wrote:
stickers.

I'm feeling this.

Not a "good fan", then.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:25 am 
Force of Nature

spenno wrote:

I kinda knew that I would want to punch the screen after reading that but still I couldn't help myself no matter how many times I see a 'Thanks for all you do' post and read the replies.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:27 am 
Force of Nature

spenno wrote:
dumbcharger wrote:
Rebar wrote:
stickers.

I'm feeling this.

Not a "good fan", then.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:04 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

hopethatuchoke wrote:
Quote:

An honor? LOL. You pay them and they take your money. It is not an exclusive club or anything. LOL

Last edited by stompbox on Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:43 pm 
Unthought Known

dumbcharger wrote:
spenno wrote:

I kinda knew that I would want to punch the screen after reading that but still I couldn't help myself no matter how many times I see a 'Thanks for all you do' post and read the replies.

It could be worse... They could institute a lottery system for Pearl Jam tickets.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:55 pm 
Johnny Guitar
 WWW  Profile

I received the package yesterday and determined that it wasn't quite as lame as I thought it would be, although the stickers not saying "Pearl Jam" is a thorn; it would have totally rocked on the baby's car seat.

I understand part of the 10C/PJ/other nostalgia acts modes operand i is to make you feel like a kid by offering tokens from your youth.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:17 pm 
Unthought Known

That 10C post cant be real, I mean I know there are lots of legit "thanks for all you do!" posts(can we just shorten that to TFAYD!) I think B is behind that post.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:04 am 
too drunk to moderate properly
 WWW  Profile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:04 am 
Got Some
 WWW  YIM  Profile

mick7184 wrote:
That 10C post cant be real, I mean I know there are lots of legit "thanks for all you do!" posts(can we just shorten that to TFAYD!) I think B is behind that post.

Me on Google+
Campaign For Liberty
Ludwig Von Mises Institute
antiwar.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:13 am 
Master of Meh

mick7184 wrote:

More pearls of wisdom from user drewdawgq:

Quote:
This was my seventh show and I just wanted to say this was the best experience I've had at a PJ concert. My wife was the very pregnant woman with the "Future Pearl Jam Fan" t-shirt on.

Quote:
My wife and I recently had our third child, a daughter with dark hair, blue eyes, and olive skin. We have joked that I'm not the father, Eddie Vedder is. I told her I was fine with it...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:18 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

I am much more pleased with the 2012 Analog items than the 2011 Analog T Shirt. Definately a step in the right direction. I would prefer Pearl Jam items rather than 10 Club items - I am a fan of Pearl Jam; I am a member of the 10 Club.

I dig the 'PJ Army' theme and patch.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:22 am 
Master of Meh

CopperTom wrote:
I am much more pleased with the 2012 Analog items than the 2011 Analog T Shirt. Definately a step in the right direction. I would prefer Pearl Jam items rather than 10 Club items - I am a fan of Pearl Jam; I am a member of the 10 Club.

How is it a step towards highlight Pearl Jam instead of 10C? I don't see the words "Pearl Jam" in here anywhere:

Granted, there's a "PJ" on some of the stickers - but it's much less prominent than the "10 CLUB" logo, and it's still not clear to a lay-observer that it has anything to do with Pearl Jam.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:27 am 
Unthought Known
 WWW  Profile

so it's only a matter of time until we see a Tenclub Fanclub Fanclub?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:28 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

spenno wrote:
CopperTom wrote:

I don't see the words "Pearl Jam" in here anywhere:

Granted, there's a "PJ" on some of the stickers - but it's much less prominent than the 10 CLUB logo, and it's still not clear to a lay-observer that it has anything to do with Pearl Jam.

As I said... "I would prefer Pearl Jam items rather than 10 Club items"

I think the statement 'PJ Army' theme is fair even though the words PJ don't appear. Do you not understand what I mean by that?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:29 am 
Force of Nature

spenno wrote:
mick7184 wrote:

More pearls of wisdom from user drewdawgq:

Quote:
This was my seventh show and I just wanted to say this was the best experience I've had at a PJ concert. My wife was the very pregnant woman with the "Future Pearl Jam Fan" t-shirt on.

Quote:
My wife and I recently had our third child, a daughter with dark hair, blue eyes, and olive skin. We have joked that I'm not the father, Eddie Vedder is. I told her I was fine with it...

Creepy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam