Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam

Post subject: Re: Any drumming experts? WMA...
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:37 pm 
Former PJ Drummer
 WWW  Profile

Grievance from Letterman is possibly Cameron's finest ever performance with PJ.
Some of the stuff he's doing in there is incredible.

Last edited by dimejinky99 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:41 pm 
Got Some
 WWW  YIM  Profile

I wonder what the "fuck you" was about at the Gorge.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them" -Karl Popper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:43 pm 
Former PJ Drummer
 WWW  Profile

He shouted vafencuda in Dublin last time too Which means the same thing. Think it's just something he does now and then.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:22 pm 
The Snowboy

Dude has motherfucking balls to just shout 'Fuck you' every now and then.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:13 pm 
Unthought Known

cuff you if i say something you dont want to hear.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:56 pm 
Banned from the Pit

Hallucination wrote:
Just wondering how to get them high pitched sounds. Trying to programme them in but I can't find a suitable sound for it :(

I always assumed it was either a Timbale or a Snare drum with the snares switched off.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:39 pm 
The Snowboy

Deadlogic wrote:
Hallucination wrote:
Just wondering how to get them high pitched sounds. Trying to programme them in but I can't find a suitable sound for it :(

I always assumed it was either a Timbale or a Snare drum with the snares switched off.

I'm sure that's in there somewhere, but there are also lower tones which are toms I think.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:03 pm 
Unthought Known

Dave A. always had a fairly highly tuned snare drum, so since he's the drummer on the album, it wouldn't surprise me if its a snare drum with the snares disengaged as previously mentioned. Another thing I've seen, but doubt its the case here, is for drummers to pitch shift tuned drums up or down specific intervals to achieve different effects.

"Remember back the early days when you were young and thus amazed."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:10 pm 
Banned from the Pit

Harmless wrote:
Deadlogic wrote:
Hallucination wrote:

I'm sure that's in there somewhere, but there are also lower tones which are toms I think.

Ah sorry, Yeah - I (again) assumed you know the main parts were tom based - I thought the question was about the "other" higher pitched drums. There's also quite a few overdubs on it too, but the main drum pattern is Toms/Snare (with Snares "off") and Timbale (probably as a Side Snare/Set up to the left of the Hi Hats).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:03 am 
The Snowboy

Deadlogic wrote:
Harmless wrote:
Deadlogic wrote:
Hallucination wrote:

Ah sorry, Yeah - I (again) assumed you know the main parts were tom based - I thought the question was about the "other" higher pitched drums. There's also quite a few overdubs on it too, but the main drum pattern is Toms/Snare (with Snares "off") and Timbale (probably as a Side Snare/Set up to the left of the Hi Hats).

A piccolo snare is another possibility; it might just be me, but it doesn't sound resonant enough to be a timbale. Or does it? And it's tenuous, but I just can't see Dave A. playing a timbale. Maybe we'll probably never know...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:44 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Harmless wrote:
Deadlogic wrote:
Harmless wrote:
Deadlogic wrote:
Hallucination wrote:

A piccolo snare is another possibility; it might just be me, but it doesn't sound resonant enough to be a timbale. Or does it? And it's tenuous, but I just can't see Dave A. playing a timbale. Maybe we'll probably never know...

U can ask him,if u want: http://www.facebook.com/#!/dabbruzzese1

"Es verdad que el río en el que ayer estuve a punto de ahogarme es de una indiscutible belleza pero que me cuelguen con un gancho del prepucio y me hagan girar si en el resto de mi putísima vida vuelvo a meterme otra vez en el agua"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:03 pm 
Coast to Coast

rickson wrote:
Harmless wrote:
Deadlogic wrote:
Harmless wrote:
Deadlogic wrote:
Hallucination wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:37 pm 
The Snowboy

rickson wrote:
Harmless wrote:
Deadlogic wrote:
Harmless wrote:
Deadlogic wrote:
Hallucination wrote:

Oh shit. I can't believe I used both 'maybe' and 'probably'.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:06 pm 
Master of Meh

rickson wrote:
Harmless wrote:
Deadlogic wrote:
Harmless wrote:
Deadlogic wrote:
Hallucination wrote:

*cough*

http://www.facebook.com/david.abbruzzese

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:22 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

He mentioned in an interview around Vs. that he used Roto Toms.

I Got Memories

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:29 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Sorry, Octobans.

http://pearljamhistory.no.sapo.pt/PJArt ... rummer.htm

I Got Memories

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam