Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: "Dedicated" Collectors
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:50 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

No worries. The one I have now is a nice reminder of the fabulous time I had at the Euro 12 shows. The ape/man one was a reminder of the Canada 05 tour. It was perhaps time to freshen things up.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:47 pm 
Got Some

Angus wrote:
No worries. The one I have now is a nice reminder of the fabulous time I had at the Euro 12 shows. The ape/man one was a reminder of the Canada 05 tour. It was perhaps time to freshen things up.

probably my favorite period for PJ merch and i've never been a big collector, merch wearer, etc. I loved the blue ape/man t-shirt. Sure would love a new one

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:55 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

deep wrote:
Angus wrote:

probably my favorite period for PJ merch and i've never been a big collector, merch wearer, etc. I loved the blue ape/man t-shirt. Sure would love a new one

I loved that shirt too and recently replaced my old, worn out one with a new one from ebay. If this new one was ever worn it certainly doesn't show.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:02 pm 
Former PJ Drummer
 WWW  Profile

The insignificance shirt, with the pineapples as bombs detail was really cool. I lost a bag of 30+ PJ shirts. That was one of them sadly.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:17 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

I still have the pineapple bombs shirt but it's getting a little raggedy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:33 pm 
Got Some

yeah, both of those t's are winners

i'll have to check ebay for one. Just don't want to spend $30+ on a faded t-shirt twith the pits all sweated out and a stretched neck.

Sounds like you got a good one :thumbsup:

also, Dime thats terrible news. How did you lose a bag of 30+ Pearl Jam t's?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:35 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

Mine was advertised as brand new condition and it didn't disappoint. So glad to have that shirt back.

The two shirts I really miss though: Nightmares from the Vitalogy era with the overturned burning truck on the front. And the long sleeve navy blue Binaural head shirt.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:40 pm 
too drunk to moderate properly
 WWW  Profile

I have an Analog shirt.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:07 pm 
Got Some

heh heh

i would also like the black Thermo Bomb shirt from i think 95/96? I see a few on ebay but imagine anything that old is going to be shitty now. tempting though. hmm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:20 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

¡B! wrote:
I have an Analog shirt.

I still wonder if people actually wear those. I mean, at a PJ show, lots of people will recognize you. But going out/to work/wherever with this on you... it freaks me out:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:22 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

My brother was wearing one the other day.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:29 pm 
AnalLog

i wear my anal log shirt to the gym all the time. i have yet to be asked about it

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:15 pm 
too drunk to moderate properly
 WWW  Profile

Angus wrote:
¡B! wrote:
I have an Analog shirt.

I still wonder if people actually wear those. I mean, at a PJ show, lots of people will recognize you. But going out/to work/wherever with this on you... it freaks me out:

I saw a dude at Music Midtown in one. I don't wear mine very much.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:50 pm 
Former PJ Drummer
 WWW  Profile

deep wrote:
yeah, both of those t's are winners

i'll have to check ebay for one. Just don't want to spend $30+ on a faded t-shirt twith the pits all sweated out and a stretched neck.

Sounds like you got a good one :thumbsup:
also, Dime thats terrible news. How did you lose a bag of 30+ Pearl Jam t's?

I saw an analog shirt on FB the other day that had been made onto a tie dyed shirt. It was actually kinda cool. Also the rob had a weird version of one too.

Deep, I left them behind in my ex girlfriends(yes that long ago) when I moved out. Man there were the best shirts in there. The 95 orange one withthe mod target and the monkeywrench embroidered on the sleeve, the soccer jerseys from 98. Too many it hurts to think on them.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:13 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Man, I forgot all about the pineapple bombs shirt. I used to have that one, lost it somewhere though. Can't remember now, shit.

My favorite shirt is the Reject one from '93. Its on its last leg, but I love it.

The 2000 bootleg shirts with the setlists on them were pretty cool too. Always wanted one, never got one.

http://stackpapersgetpaid.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:00 am 
Got Some

The question is... does anyone have a Goat hat? and would you rather wear that or the Analog shirt?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:37 am 
Former PJ Drummer

SuperNintendoChalmers wrote:
The 2000 bootleg shirts with the setlists on them were pretty cool too. Always wanted one, never got one.

I have that one, still wear it. Love it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:53 pm 
Stone's Bitch

I had the green ten club shirt with the star on it; do you know which one I'm talking about? It didn't say Pearl Jam anywhere on it, just 10c. It was my favorite. One night, when I was out, one of my room mates and his girlfriend found a drunk girl with no shirt puking all over herself in the stairwell. So the girlfriend goes into my bedroom (not her boyfriends'), pulls a random shirt out of my closet and gives it to the drunky to let her wipe up the puke and put on. It was my Ten Club shirt! WTF! I never saw it again.

"The real truth about it is: no one gets it right / The real truth about it is: we’re all supposed to try"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:21 pm 
Got Some

pdalowsky wrote:
Brilliant, this thread has provided some serious entertainment.

Thanks dave for flagging it up.

Just to clear a few things up.....Bushleaguer isnt me as Dave confirms above. Hes based out west in the states, and Im in the Uk. If there was ever a collection that would be determined as complete it would certainly belong to him. He has almost everything out there that has ever surfaced. Yet before anyone jumps to the conclusion that he or other collectors are spotty nerds who only have the internet for their sexual pleasure and a bucket load of tissues by their bed, Im sorry to shatter those illusions. He is a exceptionally nice guy, a normal chap, who just has this as a hobby.

Id like to think this is true of myself. A virgin? thats funny shit right there. :D

To anyone who wonders about this and why the hell anyone would want all this in their house? I have no answer for you. But its kinda complusive. Starting out small to get certain items that stand out, it branches out from there. Obviously you have to have that sort of personality to be like that, but its nothing more than a hobby. It takes very little time, checking ebay and a few select sites in the odd spare minute, and doesnt have to cost the earth. I get that the majority will not understand it, but thats fine, my wife certainly doesnt. But its just a little fun, and if i needed to I would sell it in a heartbeat - its just stuff, but also stuff that has without question increased in value massively over the years. I honestly believe I will never sell it, and have no intention to do so, but anyone suggesting its a waste of money is a touch misguided. Its certainly proved a better investment in terms of retained value than any stocks and shares I have involved myself in.

Anyway, its a fun hobby, and as victor is quoted as saying earlier in the thread, the best thing has been making friends from around the globe, who I am delighted to have formed close friendships with and often get together and have a few drinks. These people are awesome and the community at PJC remains one of the most enjoyable ones to be involved in. Theres no negativity, no bullshit, just friendly people who have a similar interest.

"It's not the world that's heavy/It's just the things that you save"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:31 pm 
Got Some

bodysnatcher wrote:
The question is... does anyone have a Goat hat? and would you rather wear that or the Analog shirt?

I have the "Evil Goat" hat. It really does keep you warm and the flaps fold down. I live in Tampa and never wear it but I keep it just in case I go back home to Ohio in the winter.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam