Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam

Post subject: Pearl Jam setlists on Setlisting.com
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:38 pm 
Force of Nature
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Hi everyone,

Along with co-founder and fellow fan Martin Wulffeld, we're excited to announce the launch of http://www.Setlisting.com - Setlists and Statistics for your favorite artists. For hardcore fans on this forum who have have seen Pearl Jam's concert history develop over the years on the Release fanzine (the tourbook!), Five Horizons and TwoFeetThick, we're hoping to take that energy and effort and build another wonderful resource in Setlisting.

To learn more about us, here are some recent links:

Over the past few weeks, fans added over 850 Pearl Jam shows, you can see them here: http://www.setlisting.com/artists/pearl-jam/concerts/past . For those that don't have setlists yet, try adding them! We've made it very easy to update setlists.

We're coming up with new ideas for the site on a daily basis.We'd love to hear your feedback on the site! In addition to jr@twofeetthick.com, you can also reach me at jr@setlisting.com or Martin at mw@setlisting.com, or post your reply here.

Thanks for your time. Now you can see a concert, then go Setlisting! :wave:

JR
Pearl Jam for the Impassioned Fan
http://www.twofeetthick.com

"I guess it's not hip to have a quote from someone in your signature anymore" - JR

Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam setlists on Setlisting.com
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:16 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

Why/how is this any different or better than the concert chronology at TFT?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:33 pm 
Force of Nature
 WWW  YIM  Profile

cutuphalfdead wrote:

You can register on the site and say "I WENT" to the PJ shows you went too, and (in the future) get personalized songs statistics for those shows. Currently we have some basic stats for artists, venues and songs and that's one of many areas we're looking to expand on. The notes for each show (and from 5H before it) will always stay on TFT primarily because of copyright, and it just wouldn't be right to move or copy them from a place everyone is so familiar with.

Plus, it's different than the TFT chronology because this is for *all* bands, not just Pearl Jam. So if you find a setlist with a cover by say, The Who, you can then browse setlists by The Who.

JR

"I guess it's not hip to have a quote from someone in your signature anymore" - JR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:37 pm 
AnalLog

if you guys need ideas, check out dmbalmanac.com. its the best website for setlists ever, but its just dmb shows.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:55 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

JR@2FT wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

You can register on the site and say "I WENT" to the PJ shows you went too, and (in the future) get personalized songs statistics for those shows. Currently we have some basic stats for artists, venues and songs and that's one of many areas we're looking to expand on. The notes for each show (and from 5H before it) will always stay on TFT primarily because of copyright, and it just wouldn't be right to move or copy them from a place everyone is so familiar with.

Plus, it's different than the TFT chronology because this is for *all* bands, not just Pearl Jam. So if you find a setlist with a cover by say, The Who, you can then browse setlists by The Who.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:40 pm 
Force of Nature
 WWW  YIM  Profile

warehouse wrote:
if you guys need ideas, check out dmbalmanac.com. its the best website for setlists ever, but its just dmb shows.

:thumbsup:

To say I've seen over 200 fan-run concert chronologies is an understatement. Some are off the charts great, such as dmbalmanac, phish.net, etc. DMB almanac is pretty incredible! They had a recent update where they talked about hitting a UVA research library and searching microfilm for show listings. :oops: how beautiful ... brings me to tears

But yes, DMB has been super helpful especially for validating venues and their ever changing names. DMB Almanac and Wikipedia have been essential for venue info specifically

Since I started incubating this Setlisting idea at about the time that we got the CC from 5H, I started putting something together just for PJ and TFT, but it just grew into a different animal that couldn't live by itself on TFT. Hope though to have some integration between the two in the future.

JR

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:25 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

warehouse wrote:

i've always hoped they'd expand to pearl jam. they have everything i'd want in a setlist archive. it's the perfect site, really, and pearl jam fans would really benefit from one like it.

Board index » Watched from the Window, with a Red Mosquito... » Pearl Jam