Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 77  Next
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Song of Fire and Ice
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:43 pm 
Former PJ Drummer
 WWW  Profile

What bit? stick it in a spoiler...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:13 pm 
Supersonic

dimejinky99 wrote:

Spoiler: show
Fucking Walder Fey just took out Robb AND Catelyn!! That fucking sack of bones and shit! Then -AND THEN the Hound hits Arya in the head FROM BEHIND with an axe! FUCK! ... Arya was one of my favorite characters. Robb, Catelyn and Arya. GONE. Just like that. I know it's just a book - and I didn't even realize I was this invested in it, honestly...I've been enjoying the ride, but I didn't think I would be this affected. I almost don't want to keep reading. It literally knocked the wind out of me to read it. I had to stop. I swear to God, if Tyrion bites it, I'm not reading another word of this thing. And, I hope whatever he has planned involves someone skull fucking Walder Fey before feeding him to one of the Stark's Direwolves.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:27 pm 
Unthought Known

durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Fucking Walder Fey just took out Robb AND Catelyn!! That fucking sack of bones and shit! Then -AND THEN the Hound hits Arya in the head FROM BEHIND with an axe! FUCK! ... Arya was one of my favorite characters. Robb, Catelyn and Arya. GONE. Just like that. I know it's just a book - and I didn't even realize I was this invested in it, honestly...I've been enjoying the ride, but I didn't think I would be this affected. I almost don't want to keep reading. It literally knocked the wind out of me to read it. I had to stop. I swear to God, if Tyrion bites it, I'm not reading another word of this thing. And, I hope whatever he has planned involves someone skull fucking Walder Fey before feeding him to one of the Stark's Direwolves.

The awesome thing is there is more before the end of the book.

Also, I point you back to a few pages prior.

paaks wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

And Martin's got balls killing off Ned Stark. Never saw it coming and shocked the hell out of me. One of the best twists/surprises I've read. Masterful.

NO ONE IS SAFE. Get used to it.

SmilinSkullRing wrote:
The other bands section of a Pearl Jam forum isn't the center of the universe, kid.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:41 pm 
Former PJ Drummer
 WWW  Profile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:43 pm 
Former PJ Drummer
 WWW  Profile

stung

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:02 pm 
Unthought Known

Kind of out of date but cool none the less, I dont think Tamzin Merchant is Dany any more nor is Jennifer Ehle Catelyn

This is Dany http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3592338/

This is Catelyn http://www.potterstoryweb.com/gallery/a ... ts/003.jpg

Also...

Loras Tyrell http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3645691/

Drogo http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0597388/

Sandor Clegane http://www.mi6.co.uk/livenews/images/rory_mccann.jpg

Peter Beylish http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0318821/

SmilinSkullRing wrote:
The other bands section of a Pearl Jam forum isn't the center of the universe, kid.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:08 pm 
Unthought Known

Hell this is so much easier

The whole cast ... http://winter-is-coming.net/features/cast/

SmilinSkullRing wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:59 pm 
Supersonic

paaks wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

The awesome thing is there is more before the end of the book.

Also, I point you back to a few pages prior.

paaks wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

And Martin's got balls killing off Ned Stark. Never saw it coming and shocked the hell out of me. One of the best twists/surprises I've read. Masterful.

NO ONE IS SAFE. Get used to it.

:D

I know, I know... but it's still hard...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:21 pm 
Unthought Known

Season 3 (If they get there) is going to be fucking EPIC

SmilinSkullRing wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:24 pm 
Supersonic

paaks wrote:
Season 3 (If they get there) is going to be fucking EPIC

No joke.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:13 pm 
Former PJ Drummer
 WWW  Profile

It's all about Tyrion. He's the best character in it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:43 pm 
Unthought Known

dimejinky99 wrote:
It's all about Tyrion. He's the best character in it.

Hands down, Tyrion followed by Jamie. Then Jon Snow.

SmilinSkullRing wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:45 pm 
Supersonic

I love Tyrion and Jon Snow. I'm starting to warm up to Jaime... but he's still got a way to go for me. I'm excited to see how he develops.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:08 pm 
Unthought Known

On Oct 11, 2010 it was confirmed by GRRM’s editor Anne Groell that Martin has finished all but five chapters for A Dance with Dragons, and that the five chapters remaining already exist in partial form. She also teased the hope of the publisher that the manuscript will be finished by Christmas 2010.[30] This now seems unlikely.

SmilinSkullRing wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:59 pm 
Unthought Known

paaks wrote:
On Oct 11, 2010 it was confirmed by GRRM’s editor Anne Groell that Martin has finished all but five chapters for A Dance with Dragons, and that the five chapters remaining already exist in partial form. She also teased the hope of the publisher that the manuscript will be finished by Christmas 2010.[30] This now seems unlikely.

I doubt we will see the end of the series. God help us if HBO is allowed to end it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:14 am 
Unthought Known

broken iris wrote:
paaks wrote:

I doubt we will see the end of the series. God help us if HBO is allowed to end it.

Brandon Sanderson can finish it.

SmilinSkullRing wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:06 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

paaks wrote:
broken iris wrote:
paaks wrote:

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Thought he did a pretty good job with The Gathering Storm (a few hiccups, but nothing that detracted from the story or made me hyper-aware that there was a ghostwriter)...Towers of Midnight comes out day after tomorrow!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:26 pm 
Unthought Known

Kahli Sana wrote:
paaks wrote:
broken iris wrote:
paaks wrote:

Thought he did a pretty good job with The Gathering Storm (a few hiccups, but nothing that detracted from the story or made me hyper-aware that there was a ghostwriter)...Towers of Midnight comes out day after tomorrow!!!

He did a great job, he missed Mat Cauthon's voice a little, but Mat is such a difficult character, like you said, it didn't distract from the story. I know people who actually think TGS is the best WOT story. Obviously crazy, the run of The Great Hunt to Lord of Chaos is probably the best series of any books ever written.

SmilinSkullRing wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:33 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

paaks wrote:
Kahli Sana wrote:
paaks wrote:
broken iris wrote:
paaks wrote:

He did a great job, he missed Mat Cauthon's voice a little, but Mat is such a difficult character, like you said, it didn't distract from the story. I know people who actually think TGS is the best WOT story. Obviously crazy, the run of The Great Hunt to Lord of Chaos is probably the best series of any books ever written.

Damn good, but not the best, at least IMHO. I do, however, have VERY high hopes for ToM. The tension is building, and I'm friggin' excited. I'm halfway through my reread of Clash of Kings, and I can't decide whether to pause it and jump into ToM or to put the Wheel of Time on hold until after I finish my reread of A Feast for Crows.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:16 pm 
Unthought Known

Kahli Sana wrote:
paaks wrote:
Kahli Sana wrote:
paaks wrote:
broken iris wrote:
paaks wrote:

Damn good, but not the best, at least IMHO. I do, however, have VERY high hopes for ToM. The tension is building, and I'm friggin' excited. I'm halfway through my reread of Clash of Kings, and I can't decide whether to pause it and jump into ToM or to put the Wheel of Time on hold until after I finish my reread of A Feast for Crows.

I will have to wait to read ToM because I am reading Brandon Sanderson's "The Way of Kings" right now.

SmilinSkullRing wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 77  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment