Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 466 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Movie: The Hobbit
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:40 pm 
Unthought Known
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Jesus this thread made a hard left turn to Nerdville.

I sent men to their doom

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:14 pm 
Got Some

meatwad wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:47 am 
Founding Bitch

meatwad wrote:

Shaddap, or I'll use my Sword of Doom +5 Power Modifier!

Wilderness 1:49-2:04. Diamond Dust.

Window Washer's Dream - Planet Sonata's Intension

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:01 pm 
Got Some
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Juvenal wrote:
meatwad wrote:

Shaddap, or I'll use my Sword of Doom +5 Power Modifier!

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them" -Karl Popper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:21 pm 
Former PJ Drummer
 WWW  Profile

BREAKING NEWS: The Hobbit Stays In New Zealand
The night is darkest ere the dawn… and dawn has ever been the hope of Men!

After days of closed door talks between New Zealand Prime Minister John Key and Warner Bros. executives, the verdict is out today:

THE HOBBIT WILL BE MADE IN NEW ZEALAND.

Mr.John Key has only minutes ago announced at a press conference in the Beehive theaterette that Sir Peter Jackson’s Hobbit films will indeed be filmed in New Zealand.

Media outlets have yet to post links to any videos… but stay tuned to TORn for updates as more of the good news makes its way on to the interweb.

TODAY IS A PROUD DAY FOR KIWIS… AND A JOYOUS ONE FOR FANS AROUND THE WORLD.

http://www.theonering.net

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:54 pm 
Founding Bitch

Fair fucks. The scenery there is superb.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:56 pm 
Former PJ Drummer
 WWW  Profile

It's great that it stayed. The kiwi government had to throw some money in for promotion it seems but it'll be worth it in terms of the returns they'll get from tourism and future filming there.

Beautiful country. Must go see it someday.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:06 pm 
Founding Bitch

dimejinky99 wrote:
Beautiful country. Must go see it someday.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:25 pm 
Former PJ Drummer
 WWW  Profile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:30 pm 
Supersonic

Fuckin a.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:06 pm 
Former PJ Drummer
 WWW  Profile

They're casting Saoirse Ronan in this, as some madey uppy elf maiden who tags along....oh jesus wept no...she's awful.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:26 pm 
Former PJ Drummer
 WWW  Profile

Hope they sign this guy up. He's got some beautiful work.

http://www.justingerard.com/gallery3/index.html

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:03 am 
Former PJ Drummer
 WWW  Profile

So still no sign of Ian McKellan or Andy Serkis signing on but what the holy fuck big spoiler..
Spoiler: show
Elijah Wood is to reprise his role as Frodo, in the films opening sequence. We see him contributing his part to the red book of westmarch, and that gets handed over to Sam, leaving a possible opening for Sean Astin. Its pretty graceful how they seem to be handling that drop in and it does kind of add to the established setting briefly shown in LOTR of Bilbo having written his adventures down but its gonna be cringey as fuck if Bloom gets back as Legolas or worse Tyler as Arwen. With this kinda addition anything is possible at this point. From theonering.net...As readers of “The Hobbit” know, the tale of “The Downfall of The Lord of the Rings” and “The Hobbit or There and Back Again,” are contained in the fictional “Red Book of Westmarch.” In Peter Jackson’s LOTR films, the books are shown on screen and written in by Bilbo and Frodo and handed off to Sam Gamgee. (Not explained on film are Sam’s progeny later having the book and being Wardens of the Westmarch — hence the book’s title.)
The fictional book, and either the telling from or the reading of, will establish Frodo in the films, leaving viewers to experience the tale of ‘The Hobbit’ through Bilbo’s point of view.
Since the speculation is now everywhere around the interwebs, TORn can confirm that as of now, the plans are to feature Frodo in the opening sequence of the films. It is unlikely that studio Warner Bros. or Team Jackson would change the script at this point in response to the web buzz so we may have just “spoiled” December 2012 for some, but we warned you. (And, sat on the spoiler until leaks started to appear!)
Rumors have suggested Wood is “in talks” to appear in the film but that isn’t an issue as it very likely the role was discussed with the actor at the scripting phase of the films and he was agreeable to reprise his part then. It is likely but less certain that the same can be said of Orlando Bloom who is rumored (and TORn cannot currently lock-down confirm) to be playing his LOTR Elf character Legolas.
The status of other actors’ whose characters would have been living during the plot line of the Hobbit, are varied. Cate Blanchett is confirmed as Galadriel while Hugo Weaving’s Elrond is a prominently featured character in the source material but not confirmed. Liv Tyler’s Arwen could logically be present as could other ancient Elves like Marton Csokas’ Celeborn.
Frodo’s return makes it possible that Sean Astin could appear as Sam and other Hobbits such as Merry or Pippin can not be ruled out. TORn’s information indicates however, that Frodo and the young Bilbo are the primary Hobbit connections between the film series.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:49 pm 
Got Some

dimejinky99 wrote:
So still no sign of Ian McKellan or Andy Serkis signing on but what the holy fuck big spoiler..
Spoiler: show
Elijah Wood is to reprise his role as Frodo, in the films opening sequence. We see him contributing his part to the red book of westmarch, and that gets handed over to Sam, leaving a possible opening for Sean Astin. Its pretty graceful how they seem to be handling that drop in and it does kind of add to the established setting briefly shown in LOTR of Bilbo having written his adventures down but its gonna be cringey as fuck if Bloom gets back as Legolas or worse Tyler as Arwen. With this kinda addition anything is possible at this point. From theonering.net...As readers of “The Hobbit” know, the tale of “The Downfall of The Lord of the Rings” and “The Hobbit or There and Back Again,” are contained in the fictional “Red Book of Westmarch.” In Peter Jackson’s LOTR films, the books are shown on screen and written in by Bilbo and Frodo and handed off to Sam Gamgee. (Not explained on film are Sam’s progeny later having the book and being Wardens of the Westmarch — hence the book’s title.)
The fictional book, and either the telling from or the reading of, will establish Frodo in the films, leaving viewers to experience the tale of ‘The Hobbit’ through Bilbo’s point of view.
Since the speculation is now everywhere around the interwebs, TORn can confirm that as of now, the plans are to feature Frodo in the opening sequence of the films. It is unlikely that studio Warner Bros. or Team Jackson would change the script at this point in response to the web buzz so we may have just “spoiled” December 2012 for some, but we warned you. (And, sat on the spoiler until leaks started to appear!)
Rumors have suggested Wood is “in talks” to appear in the film but that isn’t an issue as it very likely the role was discussed with the actor at the scripting phase of the films and he was agreeable to reprise his part then. It is likely but less certain that the same can be said of Orlando Bloom who is rumored (and TORn cannot currently lock-down confirm) to be playing his LOTR Elf character Legolas.
The status of other actors’ whose characters would have been living during the plot line of the Hobbit, are varied. Cate Blanchett is confirmed as Galadriel while Hugo Weaving’s Elrond is a prominently featured character in the source material but not confirmed. Liv Tyler’s Arwen could logically be present as could other ancient Elves like Marton Csokas’ Celeborn.
Frodo’s return makes it possible that Sean Astin could appear as Sam and other Hobbits such as Merry or Pippin can not be ruled out. TORn’s information indicates however, that Frodo and the young Bilbo are the primary Hobbit connections between the film series.

Cool thanks for sharing i had not seen that.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:20 pm 
Jeff's Tramp

inglishteecher wrote:
martin freeman is perfect. it also says that richard armitage is thorin oakenshield. his turn as the sheriff in the bbc's recent robin hood was the best part of the show.

Actually Keith Allan played the sherriff and Richard Armitage played Guy of Gisborne.

This is Keith Allan

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 8:34 am 
Former PJ Drummer
 WWW  Profile

Elrond's back on board :)

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 4:13 pm 
Got Some

yieldgirl wrote:
inglishteecher wrote:
martin freeman is perfect. it also says that richard armitage is thorin oakenshield. his turn as the sheriff in the bbc's recent robin hood was the best part of the show.

Actually Keith Allan played the sherriff and Richard Armitage played Guy of Gisborne.

This is Keith Allan

yeah, i corrected my dumb ass 2 or 3 posts down.

watched fellowship on encore this morning and instead of thinking about the hobbit, i kept seeing ned stark and thinking of tomorrow night.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:24 pm 
Stone's Red Headed Stepchild Bitch

RELEASE DATES AND MOVIE TITLES

http://www.popeater.com/2011/05/31/hobb ... mes-dates/

The official titles of the two upcoming 'Hobbit' films have just been announced and there's none of this boring 'Part 1' and 'Part 2' nonsense.

The first of the two films will be called 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey' and the second 'The Hobbit: There and Back Again.' The first references one of the book's chapter headings, the second is actually part of author J.R. R. Tolkien's original title, 'The Hobbit or There and Back Again.' (We're betting movie marquees will still opt for the simpler '1' and '2.')

And now fans have official release dates to circle on their calendars: 'Journey' arrives as an early Christmas present on December 14, 2012 and its follow-up also has a holiday release, December 13, 2013.

The 'Lord of the Rings' prequels are currently filming in New Zealand, with frequent set updates from director Peter Jackson via Facebook. He recently posted that Orlando Bloom will be the latest 'Rings' actor to make an appearance, joining familiar faces Ian McKellen, Cate Blanchett, Christopher Lee, Hugo Weaving, Elijah Wood and Andy Serkis.

Martin Freeman has the lead role of the young Bilbo (the hobbit of the title, of course) with Iam Holm reprising his 'Rings' role of the elder Bilbo.

i'm a hole in the pipeline, i'm a road side bomb..."

:peace: Frank

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:22 pm 
Got Some

Yes :)

Now i have plans for both to those days at midnight!

I actually just got tickets to see the extended editions in the theatre on June 14, 21, and 28th.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:16 am 
Corin's Cutie

so i was cool with his working lord of the rings characters into this, but why is he making up completely new characters? kate from lost is apparently playing a new elvish chick.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 466 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment