Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 513 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:22 pm 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

Koufax wrote:
Fatal Frog wrote:
as long as kirsten dunst is in it i will see it oh, 30 times ;)

Dusnt already let it "slip" that both Sandman AND Venom are the villains in S3

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=21386

Mary Jane pipes up and claims the SPIDEY 3 villains are...

Venom and Sandman

Ahoy, squirts! Quint here, newly returned from Los Angeles... I have tons of cool shit to tell you folks, but first up are some current events. It seems that Kirsten Dunst let some info slip while promoting ELIZABETHTOWN. This story started over at zap2it.com and has spread like wildfire... While I will believe Dunst a lot more than "my brother's friend's sister's cousin toured Sony and says the villains are..." I'm still not 100% sure she's giving the correct info... if only for little things like she hasn't read the script. Of course she's in the know, but it'll take an official announcement from Sony, Avi Arad or Sam Raimi before I will be 100% sure on the villains... So, we may have us Venom and Sandman. A weird combo... Anyway, here are the words of Mary Jane from those good folks at Zap2it.com:

"We have really great people though as the villains in this film, Thomas Haden Church and Topher Grace -- Venom and Sandman," says Kirsten Dunst while promoting her film "Elizabethtown."

"Maybe I wasn't supposed to say that," she says, checking with her rep, who assures her the information has already been released.

The "Interview with a Vampire" actress is a little shaky on the information at first, saying that Church would play Venom and Grace would take on Sandman, before reversing her claim when a journalist expresses disbelief. "It's the other way around. You're right," she concedes.

Dunst can be forgiven since she has yet to receive a script for the film that will begin shooting in January.

"But I know the general story," she adds. "There's a lot that they're trying to fit into this one."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:40 pm 
Unthought Known
 YIM  Profile

I am sure this movie will be pure garbage like the first one. (I had no urge to ever watch the second after wasting 2 hours on the first).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:51 pm 
a joke

The Spiderman Movies i enjoyed very much when i saw them in the theatre.. but thats it. They have had very little repeat viewing-ability for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:29 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Kirsten Dunst is a Moron. I wish they would've picked anyone else but her. Hell, I'd rather have Rosie O'Donnell or Oprah as Mary Jane than Kirsten. What a walking Cum Dumpster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:50 pm 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

Cartman wrote:
Kirsten Dunst is a Moron. I wish they would've picked anyone else but her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:07 am 
AnalLog

I actually didn't really like the second one, but the first one was good.

Always do the right thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:03 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

OrpheusDescending wrote:
I actually didn't really like the second one, but the first one was good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:35 am 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

i don't see how they can properly do venom, what with peter getting a suit from outer space, having to wear it, realize it's not good for him, and then it attaching to someone else. It just seems like it would take way too long to tell that story in 2 hours, not to mention throwin in the sandman and then hobby. That's a lot of stuff for one movie.

Maclone's Musings (my nearly daily blog for the paper i write for)
http://capenews.net/blogs/maclones_musings/
Stop on by, everyone else is doing it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:30 pm 
Banned from the Pit
 WWW  Profile

rich wrote:
i don't see how they can properly do venom, what with peter getting a suit from outer space, having to wear it, realize it's not good for him, and then it attaching to someone else. It just seems like it would take way too long to tell that story in 2 hours, not to mention throwin in the sandman and then hobby. That's a lot of stuff for one movie.

Yeah that does seem like too much for one movie. I don't see how they could have Venom without first having Spidey wear the black outfit for some time.

Don't know how long they'll keep the movies going, but I think it would work best if in part 3 Spidey got the black outfit via JJJ's astronaut son and they introduce Eddie who would get the symbiote in part 4 to become Venom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:55 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

tennisclay wrote:
OrpheusDescending wrote:
I actually didn't really like the second one....

Outrageous statement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:13 pm 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

NeilJam wrote:
rich wrote:

Yeah that does seem like too much for one movie. I don't see how they could have Venom without first having Spidey wear the black outfit for some time.

Don't know how long they'll keep the movies going, but I think it would work best if in part 3 Spidey got the black outfit via JJJ's astronaut son and they introduce Eddie who would get the symbiote in part 4 to become Venom.

They don't have to have Peter wear the suit first. It's a movie. Hell, Kirsten Dunst is supposed to be a model? That's more outrageous than Peter not wearing the Venom suit first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:20 pm 
Force of Nature

Ensign9 wrote:
NeilJam wrote:
rich wrote:

They don't have to have Peter wear the suit first. It's a movie. Hell, Kirsten Dunst is supposed to be a model? That's more outrageous than Peter not wearing the Venom suit first.

my guess is theyll say it came down from the moon with john jameson.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:05 pm 
AnalLog

Iago wrote:
tennisclay wrote:
OrpheusDescending wrote:
I actually didn't really like the second one....

Outrageous statement.

How was it in any way better than the first? It could be the fact that I was really high when I watched it number two, but I remember liking the first one a lot better than the second. I'll watch it again though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:14 pm 
In a van down by the river

#1 was a really great intro to the character, it didnt go to fast, nor to slow. #2, my biggest gripe with, and come to think of it, probably my only gripe, was how everyone on the train saw who spiderman really was, then did the whole, we promise never to tell.

this next one is going to be a bit more action packed i would surmise, what with venom, sandman and hobgoblin showing up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:17 pm 
AnalLog

Peeps wrote:
#1 was a really great intro to the character, it didnt go to fast, nor to slow. #2, my biggest gripe with, and come to think of it, probably my only gripe, was how everyone on the train saw who spiderman really was, then did the whole, we promise never to tell.

See, two just felt cheesy and lame to me. I thought the first was really good, and like you said, had the exact right pacing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:20 pm 
In a van down by the river

OrpheusDescending wrote:
Peeps wrote:

See, two just felt cheesy and lame to me. I thought the first was really good, and like you said, had the exact right pacing.

in fairness, the cheesy parts are pretty much from the comic book, spiderman is very cocky in the comic books and talks alot making his little quips and what not when he is playing hero so as to take his mind off of his insecurities, i cant think of any part of #2 that was cheesy that i had a problem with

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:10 pm 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=21754

It's official! Thomas Hayden Church is going to whup on Spidey as...
The Sandman!!!!

Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with the news of the weekend. The first of (possibly) 3 villains in SPIDER-MAN 3 has been revealed by Sony. It's not a surprise to us here. We've been reporting that Church was going to be playing Sandman since April and Mary Jane herself said that one of the villains was going to be Sandman a month or so ago. Now the real the question is Topher Grace. Who is he playing? Did Dunst really let it all slip when she said the villains were Venom and Sandman? The sources who gave us the heads up on Sandman in the first place all seem sure that Grace is playing Electro, so... Who knows? I'm sure we'll be seeing a Daily Bugel report soon... but will it have Grace with a drippy black costume or shooting electricity from his fingers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:16 pm 
Got Some

i got bugs wrote:
cast venom and carnage you fuckin pussy!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:52 am 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

IEB! wrote:
i got bugs wrote:
cast venom and carnage you fuckin pussy!!!!

Spider-Man 4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:01 am 
Devil's Advocate

I'd rather watch Superman 3 again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 513 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment