Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 513 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:44 pm 
In a van down by the river

it amazes me that people think everyone should use their definition for what should and shouldnt be liked

how in the hell do you people fit through the door with your head so big?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:28 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

EbolaMonkey wrote:
ThumbingMyWayToNFLD wrote:
20 lbs? :shock: If he had put on 20lbs, he would have looked like Thomas Hayden Church. The most a human male can gain naturally is about 1/2 - 1lb per week and that's if you're dilligent and have the right body for it. Grace might have put on 2, maybe 3 pounds?

Before:

After:

I can't tell how much of that is prosthetic, if any at all. But he seriously bulked up.

He was pretty good as Brock. Too bad he couldn't save Venom as a character. I was pretty disappointed.

Yeah, it could be real, but my guess is prostethis. It's certainly very possible to gain 2-3 lbs per month (many people can gain upwards of 5 lbs per month), I just don't think he has the body/metabloism for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:00 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Peeps wrote:
it amazes me that people think everyone should use their definition for what should and shouldnt be liked

how in the hell do you people fit through the door with your head so big?

If recognizing a bloated, sloppy script means I have a big head, then so be it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:05 pm 
Supersonic
 YIM  Profile

Some of the criticism here is warranted and has actually improved. I just thought the initial cries over how horrible it was were a bit much. It'll be interesting to see how much that changes after POTC 3 comes out and everyone gets a whiff of a real stinker.

Fear of failure's all you've started,
The jury is in, verdict:
Retarded

Winner of the 2008 STP Song Tournament

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:07 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Mercury wrote:
Some of the criticism here is warranted and has actually improved. I just thought the initial cries over how horrible it was were a bit much. It'll be interesting to see how much that changes after POTC 3 comes out and everyone gets a whiff of a real stinker.

Hey now, it might be good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:15 pm 
Supersonic
 YIM  Profile

diaglo wrote:
Mercury wrote:

The 2nd one wasn't, that doesn't bode well for this one. It will have the benefit of me not having much expectations though, which can always help. I'm just saying that you can bet that Spidey 3 isn't the worst big movie you'll see this summer.

The jury is in, verdict:
Retarded

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:16 pm 
Former PJ Drummer
 WWW  Profile

Mercury wrote:
diaglo wrote:
Mercury wrote:

The 2nd one wasn't, that doesn't bode well for this one. It will have the benefit of me not having much expectations though, which can always help. I'm just saying that you can bet that Spidey 3 isn't the worst big movie you'll see this summer.

i didnt think potc 2 was that bad... probably cause i was expecting a total shitfest

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:25 pm 
Supersonic
 YIM  Profile

bondcfh007 wrote:
Mercury wrote:
diaglo wrote:
Mercury wrote:

i didnt think potc 2 was that bad... probably cause i was expecting a total shitfest

Again, expectations mean a lot. I thought it was too long and it sounds like this one is even longer. I'm fine with that if you can make it good for all of it's running time but something just tells me it won't. It's the curse of 3 really, tell me when a movie franchise pulls off a third installment that is considered by fans to be the best?

The jury is in, verdict:
Retarded

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:29 pm 
Former PJ Drummer
 WWW  Profile

Mercury wrote:
bondcfh007 wrote:
Mercury wrote:
diaglo wrote:
Mercury wrote:

Again, expectations mean a lot. I thought it was too long and it sounds like this one is even longer. I'm fine with that if you can make it good for all of it's running time but something just tells me it won't. It's the curse of 3 really, tell me when a movie franchise pulls off a third installment that is considered by fans to be the best?

some consider return of the king the best

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:36 pm 
Supersonic
 YIM  Profile

bondcfh007 wrote:
Mercury wrote:
bondcfh007 wrote:
Mercury wrote:
diaglo wrote:
Mercury wrote:

Eh, I probably wouldn't but it's a good example of there not being a huge drop off in quality, due obviously to the nature of that particular trilogy.

To me, and then I swear I'll let it get back on topic, POTC 3 could turn out like a Matrix thing. The 2nd one wasn't great, but your opinion of it could have gone up or down based on the conclusion of the story. Since Revolutions sucked unholy balls, it's takes it's predeccesor even further down with it. Same with these, since it's basically a "to be continued" situation. If it rocks, I'd probably rethink my stance on Dead Man's Chest, but if it isn't excellent, all but the first go down with the ship.

The jury is in, verdict:
Retarded

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:39 pm 
Former PJ Drummer
 WWW  Profile

Mercury wrote:
bondcfh007 wrote:
Mercury wrote:
bondcfh007 wrote:
Mercury wrote:
diaglo wrote:
Mercury wrote:

Eh, I probably wouldn't but it's a good example of there not being a huge drop off in quality, due obviously to the nature of that particular trilogy.

To me, and then I swear I'll let it get back on topic, POTC 3 could turn out like a Matrix thing. The 2nd one wasn't great, but your opinion of it could have gone up or down based on the conclusion of the story. Since Revolutions sucked unholy balls, it's takes it's predeccesor even further down with it. Same with these, since it's basically a "to be continued" situation. If it rocks, I'd probably rethink my stance on Dead Man's Chest, but if it isn't excellent, all but the first go down with the ship.

that's a pretty good assessment there....

back on topic: omg spider-man 3 suxxxors!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:42 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 WWW  Profile

Mercury wrote:
bondcfh007 wrote:
Mercury wrote:
diaglo wrote:
Mercury wrote:

Again, expectations mean a lot.

Absolutely they do. I've been anticipating and hyping SM3 for like, 2 years now. To say I feel let down is a huge understatement. I'll try not to get too worked up about The Dark Knight, but I really think that will be a shining example of a comic movie done right.

Last edited by EbolaMonkey on Mon May 14, 2007 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:48 pm 
Stone's Bitch

This Spiderman could have been really cool if they made it darker (a la Batman Begins) rather than continuing in a more campy direction. I would have much rathered see Spiderman become a brutal badass in the black suit instead of a dancing emo-kid.

and I just wanted to tell you
that the moment was beautiful
just wanted to dance to bad music
drive bad cars
watch bad tv
should have stayed for the sunset
if not for me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:03 pm 
Former PJ Drummer
 WWW  Profile

BadRadio16 wrote:
This Spiderman could have been really cool if they made it darker (a la Batman Begins) rather than continuing in a more campy direction. I would have much rathered see Spiderman become a brutal badass in the black suit instead of a dancing emo-kid.

the campiness doesn't really bother me as the first two have that kind of vibe... really the script is just so sloppy, and it's hard to overlook the main story faults

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:56 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

BadRadio16 wrote:

But that's not Spidey, or more importantly, Peter Parker. I thought the tone was great, it's the script that's balls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:19 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Just about everything about this movie was balls.

I have been a spider-man fan for about 20 years now. I have about 3 boxes of spider-man comics at my house. I have a Venom tatoo on my arm.

This movie was garbage. Everyone trying to defend it needs to just stop. Just stop it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:25 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

Al wrote:
Just about everything about this movie was balls.

I have been a spider-man fan for about 20 years now. I have about 3 boxes of spider-man comics at my house. I have a Venom tatoo on my arm.

This movie was garbage. Everyone trying to defend it needs to just stop. Just stop it.

yea but you have spiderman tatoos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:40 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

correction: Venom tattoo.

And it's big and blue and beautiful. And it doesn't have an emo haircut.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:41 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

Al wrote:
correction: Venom tattoo.

And it's big and blue and beautiful. And it doesn't have an emo haircut.

That is something.

Im just saying here...

most of this thread consists of hardcore superman comic book fans. I am not one of those. The movie was entertaining and good if you are not a superman dork. And thats fine, to be tha way. i had a mindless good time for 4 bucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:46 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

I'm not a big Superman dork either. I thought Superman Returns pretty much sucked as well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 513 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment