Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 513 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:54 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

That would be sweet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:16 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

The best Spidey villain is the Giant Fucking Out of Control Crane from 3. I want a spin-off movie with that insane thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:23 pm 
Former PJ Drummer
 WWW  Profile

my engineer friend hated the movie just because of that crane... he said that there's no way that it would have caused that much destruction and that the filmmakers are fucking idiots for ignoring the laws of physics to make the story go on, to which my response was "yeah, they should have just left at it at a guy in a suit swinging around buildings by webs and a dude made of sand fucking shit up for the people that's in the streets, that crane was just too unbelievable"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:09 pm 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

:lol:

That crane was pretty ridiculous, though. I'd like to see Bruce Campbell fight it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:28 pm 
too drunk to moderate properly
 WWW  Profile

bondcfh007 wrote:
my engineer friend hated the movie just because of that crane... he said that there's no way that it would have caused that much destruction and that the filmmakers are fucking idiots for ignoring the laws of physics to make the story go on, to which my response was "yeah, they should have just left at it at a guy in a suit swinging around buildings by webs and a dude made of sand fucking shit up for the people that's in the streets, that crane was just too unbelievable"

It's funny how people demand realism in a movie about a boy who gained superhuman strength and the ability to climb walls and shoot webbing from his wrists by being bitten by a genetically enhanced spider.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:54 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Yeah, but that's things that aren't normal to us. Things that don't happen or exist in everyday life. Cranes however do exist, and we all know they can't do that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:05 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Al wrote:
Yeah, but that's things that aren't normal to us. Things that don't happen or exist in everyday life. Cranes however do exist, and we all know they can't do that.

I haven't seen the movie yet, so I don't really know what the crane did ...

but how many people on Earth have seen what happened to that crane happen to an actual crane.

What was it? Thrown through a building or something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:09 pm 
Former PJ Drummer
 WWW  Profile

B wrote:
Al wrote:

but how many people on Earth have seen what happened to that crane happen to an actual crane.

the crane had superpowers do and decimated a building, when in real life it's probably just break some windows and knock some drywall around

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:12 pm 
 WWW  Profile

bondcfh007 wrote:
B wrote:
Al wrote:

the crane had superpowers do and decimated a building, when in real life it's probably just break some windows and knock some drywall around

Yeah, but what fun is that to watch? Hell, it took an engineer to debunk it. 99.99% of people don't know the level of destruction a falling crane would do. Engineers must be the least fun people to watch action movies with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:19 pm 
Former PJ Drummer
 WWW  Profile

B wrote:
bondcfh007 wrote:
B wrote:
Al wrote:

Yeah, but what fun is that to watch? Hell, it took an engineer to debunk it. 99.99% of people don't know the level of destruction a falling crane would do. Engineers must be the least fun people to do anything with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:40 pm 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

B wrote:
bondcfh007 wrote:
B wrote:
Al wrote:

Yeah, but what fun is that to watch? Hell, it took an engineer to debunk it. 99.99% of people don't know the level of destruction a falling crane would do. Engineers must be the least fun people to watch action movies with.

Just see the movie. This crane defied gravity and switched directions about eight different times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:44 pm 
 WWW  Profile

bondcfh007 wrote:
B wrote:
bondcfh007 wrote:
B wrote:
Al wrote:

Yeah, but what fun is that to watch? Hell, it took an engineer to debunk it. 99.99% of people don't know the level of destruction a falling crane would do. Engineers must be the least fun people to do anything with.

:lol: Are you an engineer?

My in-laws are all engineers. Their wives always say, "if you ask an engineer what time it is, he'll teach you how to build a watch."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:25 am 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

This is a Norwegian comic. Text to the left: The many faces of Peter Parker.

Panels read: Satisfied, confused, ill tempered, and I think you know emo.

Proud member of the Copenhagen Fap Crew

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:05 am 
Supersonic

Ensign9 wrote:
B wrote:
bondcfh007 wrote:
B wrote:
Al wrote:

Just see the movie. This crane defied gravity and switched directions about eight different times.

funny thing is that i didnt pick that up until i read this thread

now that you say it, its hilarious

dvds -> http://db.etree.org/lukinman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:10 am 
Supersonic

Peeps wrote:
Al wrote:
It was logical, and true to form (the symbiote doesn't like loud sounds), but no way in a million and one years that would ever be enough to take out Venom. You need the help of Reed Richards creating some kind of sonic boom ray gunn to defeat Venom. Not a bunch of metal bars. The effects were cool at the end, but Venom actually going out like that, like some kind of punk ass bitch was lame.

so you want to have spidey swing over to the baxter building and borrow a gun from reed, correct?

the cartoon was better when he led venom to the rocket taking off, then webbing the suit to the rocket and sending it into space

now that i think about it, the 90s 3part alien costume episode was like 10,000 times better than spiderman 3

dvds -> http://db.etree.org/lukinman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:50 pm 
Founding Bitch

i got bugs wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Al wrote:
It was logical, and true to form (the symbiote doesn't like loud sounds), but no way in a million and one years that would ever be enough to take out Venom. You need the help of Reed Richards creating some kind of sonic boom ray gunn to defeat Venom. Not a bunch of metal bars. The effects were cool at the end, but Venom actually going out like that, like some kind of punk ass bitch was lame.

so you want to have spidey swing over to the baxter building and borrow a gun from reed, correct?

the cartoon was better when he led venom to the rocket taking off, then webbing the suit to the rocket and sending it into space

now that i think about it, the 90s 3part alien costume episode was like 10,000 times better than spiderman 3

That cartoon was pretty good.

Wilderness 1:49-2:04. Diamond Dust.

Window Washer's Dream - Planet Sonata's Intension

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:20 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Not as good as the one from the 60s

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:11 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

i got bugs wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Al wrote:

That's the thing, in order to tell the Venom story, you need more than half a movie to do it. It's no secret that Venom was shoe-horned in by the studio (or Marvel), so Raimi was forced to try and make it work. It definitely wasn't the story he wanted to tell, and it shows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:27 pm 
Force of Nature

My girlfriend dragged me to this in Imax over the weekend.
Not that good. Really corny.
I thought the frigging thing was never going to end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 5:03 pm 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

B wrote:
bondcfh007 wrote:
B wrote:
bondcfh007 wrote:
B wrote:
Al wrote:

:lol: Are you an engineer?

That's what my degree says.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 513 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment