Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:51 pm 
Unthought Known

I'm going to go on an overnight drunk, and in 10 days I'm going to set out to find the shark that ate my friend and destroy it.

Last edited by sherpahigh on Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:55 pm 
trying to make a career out of postwhoring

i still haven't seen lost in translation :?

but i do love bill murray....kingpin is underrated

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:57 pm 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
kingpin is underrated

No, it's not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:01 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

-"And what will be the scientific purpose of killing the shark?"

-"Revenge"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:02 pm 

Ensign9 wrote:
kingpin is underrated

No, it's not.

:wave:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:03 pm 

MF wrote:
-"And what will be the scientific purpose of killing the shark?"

-"Revenge"

ahhh..bill murray and wes anderson..i'm swooning

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:07 pm 
not a big Gay guy

So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:10 pm 
not a big Gay guy

i think bill murray's gotten funnier in recent years because he's altered his delivery/types of roles he takes just a tiny bit with great effect. he used to be just kinda the wacky crazy funny guy, but a lot of the characters he's played in recent vintage are ones where he gets to channel a lot of angst towards a comedic bent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:15 pm 
Force of Nature

bill murray and john cusack are my favorite actors :).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:10 am 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

knuckles of frisco wrote:
So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

without a doubt the greatest cinematic monologue of all time. What makes it really great is that the whole time he's speaking he's got that pitchfork stuck to the caddy's neck. Awesome.

Maclone's Musings (my nearly daily blog for the paper i write for)
http://capenews.net/blogs/maclones_musings/
Stop on by, everyone else is doing it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:55 am 
Devil's Advocate

rich wrote:
knuckles of frisco wrote:

without a doubt the greatest cinematic monologue of all time. What makes it really great is that the whole time he's speaking he's got that pitchfork stuck to the caddy's neck. Awesome.

I choked like 3 times just reading that monologue. Funniest fucking thing ever. I use the last line in every situation possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:33 pm 
Force of Nature

No mention yet of my favorite Bill Murray movie - Meatballs? I loved it as a kid, and still watch it every once in a while.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:58 pm 

well, i finally saw lost in translation, and believe me, i didn't need another reason to absolutely love bill murray, but this gave it to me

bill murray, will you marry me?

lenny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:59 am 
Unthought Known

tis the season...

"No, you are a hallucination, brought on by alcohol. Russian Vodka, poisoned by Chernobyl. "

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:26 am 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

Cal Varnsen wrote:

baby steps, baby steps,

haven't seen a movie of his i didnt like yet, first quote i thought of was from ghostbusters "this man has no penis"

where the buffalo roam is fantastic as well

Post subject: Re: Bill Murray is fantastic...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:08 am 
too drunk to moderate properly
 WWW  Profile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:01 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

any non wes anderson movie is a good bill murray movie.

Stripes is the best.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:57 pm 
statistically insignificant

http://m.nypost.com/;s=vrzY54-nuHZKg6Ab ... obinsource

Quote:
Bill Murray calls Kelly Lynch's husband every time sex scene from 'Road House' airs
Last Updated: 10:46 AM, October 17, 2012

The 1989 action hit "Road House" still makes the rounds on TV quite often, be it on AMC or one of the premium cable channels.

And that is bad news for one of the movie’s stars, Kelly Lynch, and worse news for her husband, writer and producer Mitch Glazer. Lynch, who played the love interest of Patrick Swayze in the film, revealed that every time the movie pops up on cable that Bill Murray or one of his brothers calls Glazer.

"By the way, speaking of Bill Murray, every time "Road House" is on and he or one of his idiot brothers are watching TV— and they’re always watching TV — one of them calls my husband and says [In a reasonable approximation of Carl Spackler (Murray’s character in "Caddyshack")], ‘Kelly’s having sex with Patrick Swayze right now. They’re doing it. He’s throwing her against the rocks,’" Lynch said in an interview with AVClub.com to promote her Starz show "Magic City."

At this point in the AV Club interview, Glazer overhears what Lynch is talking about and relays a story to his wife.

"Mitch was just walking out the door to the set, and he said that Bill once called him from Russia," Lynch, 54, said.

Fortunately for Lynch and Glazer, "Road House" is not set to air in the next couple of weeks according to TVGuide.com. But it will return to the listings soon.

"I dread it. If I know it’s coming on—and I can tell when it’s coming on, because it blows up on Twitter when it is—I’m just like, "Oh, my God…" And God help me when AMC’s doing their Road House marathon, because I know the phone is just going to keep ringing. It doesn’t matter if it’s 2 or 3 in morning. "Hi, Kelly’s having sex with Patrick Swayze right now…" Lynch said.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:59 pm 
statistically insignificant

bill murray, will you marry me?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:48 pm 
Spacegirl

thodoks wrote:
http://m.nypost.com/;s=vrzY54-nuHZKg6AbFuCy134/f/mobile/pagesix/house_murray_calls_kelly_lynch_husband_xSwp3gxt9exE7mKVE4ICnI?utm_campaign=OutbrainA&utm_source=OutbrainArticlepages&obref=obinsource

Quote:
Bill Murray calls Kelly Lynch's husband every time sex scene from 'Road House' airs
Last Updated: 10:46 AM, October 17, 2012

The 1989 action hit "Road House" still makes the rounds on TV quite often, be it on AMC or one of the premium cable channels.

And that is bad news for one of the movie’s stars, Kelly Lynch, and worse news for her husband, writer and producer Mitch Glazer. Lynch, who played the love interest of Patrick Swayze in the film, revealed that every time the movie pops up on cable that Bill Murray or one of his brothers calls Glazer.

"By the way, speaking of Bill Murray, every time "Road House" is on and he or one of his idiot brothers are watching TV— and they’re always watching TV — one of them calls my husband and says [In a reasonable approximation of Carl Spackler (Murray’s character in "Caddyshack")], ‘Kelly’s having sex with Patrick Swayze right now. They’re doing it. He’s throwing her against the rocks,’" Lynch said in an interview with AVClub.com to promote her Starz show "Magic City."

At this point in the AV Club interview, Glazer overhears what Lynch is talking about and relays a story to his wife.

"Mitch was just walking out the door to the set, and he said that Bill once called him from Russia," Lynch, 54, said.

Fortunately for Lynch and Glazer, "Road House" is not set to air in the next couple of weeks according to TVGuide.com. But it will return to the listings soon.

"I dread it. If I know it’s coming on—and I can tell when it’s coming on, because it blows up on Twitter when it is—I’m just like, "Oh, my God…" And God help me when AMC’s doing their Road House marathon, because I know the phone is just going to keep ringing. It doesn’t matter if it’s 2 or 3 in morning. "Hi, Kelly’s having sex with Patrick Swayze right now…" Lynch said.

ROFLMAO

Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment