Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 478 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: How I Met Your Mother
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:54 pm 
Reissued

For an episode that didn't really advance the plot, I actually enjoyed this one.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:17 pm 
Got Some

Just started watching this show on netflix.....bad acting even for a sitcom but somehow it works I guess since i've watched multiple episodes. Ted is such a wuss...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:05 am 
Red Mosquito, my libido

Mickey wrote:
For an episode that didn't really advance the plot, I actually enjoyed this one.

I enjoyed it, it was just in a strange way. Usually if it doesn't advance the plot it has to be real laugh out loud funny for it to be enjoyable. This was neither but I wasn't pissed off at it after watching.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:31 am 
Master of Meh

:oops:

I LOL'd.

I think it was Marshall's predictions of himself once he was a lawyer - I kind of do the same thing. The wife and I found that rather amusing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:12 am 
Spacegirl

i enjoyed the opening gag about farting.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:37 pm 
Got Some

Pretty good, not great but overall they do these kinds of episodes very well.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:20 am 
Red Mosquito, my libido

Liked tonight's episode a lot.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:12 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

Did anyone else watch it this week?

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:38 pm 
Reissued

Just watched the last two episodes. Pretty good, although the whole

Spoiler: show
"Omg Barney's actually upset about her being a stripper? Who would have guessed it?" beat is really stupid. I think we're come far enough in the series and seen enough of him as a character that it's pretty needless. Of course he's upset. That whole heart-to-heart he had at the bar where Ted was like, "Whoa, you're serious." Bullshit.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:37 pm 
Got Some

I wasn't all that impressed with the last one but glad to see Lily go into labor. Births, like weddings, are a good way for a sitcom to wrap up a season. Gives me hope for a good finale and they're due for a strong episode.
I'm not really on board with Barney's stripper financee. I've never bought into her being a viable love interest for him. Her scenes are only slightly less irritating with NPH than Kal Penn ever was with Robin.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:52 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

I like Quinn, but they're definitely drawing out the gag about him having a heart and being upset that she's a stripper, as Mickey said. A few episodes I was sure she'd end up being the one he marries, but now I have no idea. I'm tired of the back and forth with Ted and Robin but knowing that she's an aunt to his kids means we know they had to resolve their issues so I'm glad they're doing that under the pretense of friendship now and not just getting back together as friends with Ted waiting for more from her.

Also, I absolutely love condolence high fives.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:53 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

Also, I was genuinely laughing during the very last part when they showed Lilly going into labor and Marshall getting hammered simultaneously.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:18 pm 
Reissued

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Also, I was genuinely laughing during the very last part when they showed Lilly going into labor and Marshall getting hammered simultaneously.

Beercules. Yeah.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:51 am 
Red Mosquito, my libido

Really enjoyed this one. Except for the Victoria bullshit. That is so fucking retarded.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:39 am 
Red Mosquito, my libido

Anyone else watch it last night?

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:23 pm 
Master of Meh

Yo, just finished watching it.

I enjoyed it, but the Victoria and ZOMG BARNEY MARRIES ROBIN?! bits didn't really sit right with me.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:33 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

I like that Barney's marrying Robin, even though as it currently stands Robin doesn't deserve him. The Victoria shit is so awful.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:58 pm 
Master of Meh

I stumbled onto the AV Club comments page for this episode and agree with the general sentiment that the surprise reveal of Robin as the bride is lame (and they've pulled this countless times before) since it means the whole last series or so worth may as well not have happened for Barney. It's just a way of spinning the wheels for a while longer without really getting anywhere.

I really wish they'd wound the show up a few seasons back - that's not to say they're not still coming up with funny stuff, just that it's obvious that they've been stalling for time until the end for a while now. The Victoria thing is bullshit for the same reason - the audience knows that's not going anywhere, so watching it will just be turgid.

Oh, and they totally worked out who the mother must be in the comments there. I hadn't even thought of that.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:25 pm 
Red Mosquito, my libido

spenno wrote:
I stumbled onto the AV Club comments page for this episode and agree with the general sentiment that the surprise reveal of Robin as the bride is lame (and they've pulled this countless times before) since it means the whole last series or so worth may as well not have happened for Barney. It's just a way of spinning the wheels for a while longer without really getting anywhere.

I really wish they'd wound the show up a few seasons back - that's not to say they're not still coming up with funny stuff, just that it's obvious that they've been stalling for time until the end for a while now. The Victoria thing is bullshit for the same reason - the audience knows that's not going anywhere, so watching it will just be turgid.

Oh, and they totally worked out who the mother must be in the comments there. I hadn't even thought of that.

How did they work out who the mother must be?

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:53 pm 
Master of Meh

cutuphalfdead wrote:
spenno wrote:

How did they work out who the mother must be?

I'll just post it here:

Spoiler: show
Quote:
It has to be Barney's sister.

Ted meets the mother at the wedding. The Wedding is between Barney and Robin. How would the mother be at the wedding as a guest but not be someone Ted has met before if she is from Robin or Barney's guest list?

Barney invites Jerry and his whole family, including his half-sister that he has never met. Both Barney and Ted meet her for the first time at the wedding.

She was off to college when he went to Jerry's home for the first time, which means she could have been in college when Ted was in the Econ class instead of the Architecture class. Rachael Bilson's character was in that class, as was the mother, and it might make sense that the two were roommates because they were taking similar classes. Since we know the roommate is the mother, but never met the roommate, she could definitely be Barney's sister.

Quote:
That's actually why it is very likely Barney's sister.
We've been strongly led to believe (if not outright told) the mother is Rachel Bilson's roommate. Rachel Bilson was a (grad, perhaps?, I don't remember specifically) student at Ted's university. The Mother was in Ted's first class, at that university.

Wouldn't it be totally plausible, given all that, that Barney's sister, who is in school, is roommates with Bilson, and therefore, the Mother?

Quote:
So in other words: Aunt Robin is actually their Aunt.

'n I was all like:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 478 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 24  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment