Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 77  Next
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:20 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

Zombie apocalypse. :shake:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:57 pm 
Supersonic

Skitch Patterson wrote:
Guys, It sure looks like Daenerys Targaryen is immune to fire.

She is.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:59 pm 
Supersonic

Chris_H_2 wrote:
Wow, this is really great information. Thanks for taking the time to explain this.

You're very welcome! Thanks for reading my long winded reply.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:03 pm 
Supersonic

ejny wrote:
For those that have read book 3, I'm a little confused on:

Spoiler: show
The ending with Sam. Its obvious they departed quite a bit from the book in this episode. Do you think they are going to combine the whole Others vs. Crows battle with their new spin on the story? I wonder if they are going to disregard the the pock/mangled face dude's plot to kill Sam - which was spoiled by the 3rd horn warning? As well as Sam releasing the ravens?

My guess is that it won't be addressed and Sam will basically be stuck where he is right now until he encounters a few others who've fled the battle. And, then he'll use the dragonglass to kill one of the wights.

Would be kinda disappointing to skip over those parts of the story which were great in the book.

Spoiler: show
I think, like so much of the show so far, they're going to get in all the really important stuff, but they'll take a slightly different road. I think we'll see Sam the Slayer. They've already skipped over the plot to kill Sam. Which is fine. I wasn't too crazy about all that anyway, and we don't need more characters/subplots. The image of the White Walker invasion was pretty powerful as they did it. I think we'll see something along the lines of Sam escaping the horde, killing one or two along the way, meeting up with some of his friends of the night's watch and releasing ravens.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:18 pm 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

so everyone being put off by the white walkers/zombie thing at the end completely forgets the first scene of the series ever, right?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:22 pm 
Unthought Known

Mecca wrote:
so everyone being put off by the white walkers/zombie thing at the end completely forgets the first scene of the series ever, right?

Yep. I've been waiting for those guys to show up again. With the dragons growing, the white walkers, and the battles for the throne, next season could be really something.

"Remember back the early days when you were young and thus amazed."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:31 pm 
Got Some

Although the house of the undying did not live up to my expectations (i knew it couldn't so no big deal) I am very glad Pyrat Pree mentioned that since the dragons re entered the world the warlocks magic had grown in power and with them close it would be even stronger.

I think that is pretty important I hope everyone caught that when watching. I know my roomate was like huh so i had to explain that to him a bit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:59 pm 
Got Some

intodeep wrote:
Although the house of the undying did not live up to my expectations (i knew it couldn't so no big deal) I am very glad Pyrat Pree mentioned that since the dragons re entered the world the warlocks magic had grown in power and with them close it would be even stronger.

I think that is pretty important I hope everyone caught that when watching. I know my roomate was like huh so i had to explain that to him a bit

As an unread that's the type of thing I normally wouldn't have picked up on.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:10 pm 
Supersonic

I never read the books, but I am really enjoying the show....I've watched both seasons now.

I had a question that I hope the group can help me out with:

Who is the lady with red hair and what is the smoke monster that acts on her behalf? No need to answer this if it spoils anything, but I'm sure that I missed some of the back story during Season 2.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:15 pm 
Unthought Known

consult the malice account for detailed character details

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:33 pm 
Got Some

Coach wrote:
I never read the books, but I am really enjoying the show....I've watched both seasons now.

Who is the lady with red hair and what is the smoke monster that acts on her behalf? No need to answer this if it spoils anything, but I'm sure that I missed some of the back story during Season 2.

Melissandre She is a Red Priestess of the Fire god Rhollar (sp?) Her god is worshiped more across the narrow sea(area's closer to where Dany is than the rest of the story), but she came to Stanniss to help his cause (she sawn him in her dreams) and now his men worship her god instead of the more prevalant gods of westeros (in westeros in the the south they worship the 7 in the north they worship the old gods)

The Smoke Monster/Shadow Baby was a spell she cast to create that shadow to kill Rendly for Stannis. It is not spelled out in the show (or in the books for that matter) but i've always assumed when she has sex with Stannis she drains him of some of his life force to make it. Thus she is not popping out shadow babies to run to the grocery store or other errands. That is all speculation on my part and i could be way off base.

hope that helps some She showed up in the first or second episode when the old man who was the Maester for Stannis though she was evil he tried to poisen her and the poisen did not harm her but he ended up dying.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:42 pm 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

lord vedder wrote:
intodeep wrote:

As an unread that's the type of thing I normally wouldn't have picked up on.

Really? It was the whole reason they wanted to imprison Dany

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:57 pm 
Got Some

Mecca wrote:

i can't speak for everyone and already said i thought it looked fine, but i think the issue is that they seemed like bad ass supernatural ninjas in episode one. the guy on the horse doesn't seem as mindless as the walking dead around him, but he also doesn't look like he's clearing up a brutal mass murder and then stalking his prey either.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:58 pm 
Got Some

inglishteecher wrote:
Mecca wrote:

i can't speak for everyone and already said i thought it looked fine, but i think the issue is that they seemed like bad ass supernatural ninjas in episode one. the guy on the horse doesn't seem as mindless as the walking dead around him, but he also doesn't look like he's clearing up a brutal mass murder and then stalking his prey either.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:04 pm 
Unthought Known

inglishteecher wrote:
but he also doesn't look like he's clearing up a brutal mass murder and then stalking his prey either.

Srsly. He looked like has was able to chase Dean Cain on a SyFy channel Saturday night movie.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:31 pm 
Supersonic

Mecca wrote:

I posted about this exact thing on the last page. The first scene in the series is precisely why I was a little put off by the last scene. Durden explained the difference between the white walkers and zombies, so that made me feel a little better.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:34 pm 
Supersonic

inglishteecher wrote:
Mecca wrote:

This

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:49 pm 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

Chris_H_2 wrote:
Mecca wrote:

I posted about this exact thing on the last page. The first scene in the series is precisely why I was a little put off by the last scene. Durden explained the difference between the white walkers and zombies, so that made me feel a little better.

I was getting the feeling that people thought "wtf zombies?!?!?" from responses I've seen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:20 pm 
Supersonic

intodeep wrote:
Coach wrote:

Melissandre She is a Red Priestess of the Fire god Rhollar (sp?) Her god is worshiped more across the narrow sea(area's closer to where Dany is than the rest of the story), but she came to Stanniss to help his cause (she sawn him in her dreams) and now his men worship her god instead of the more prevalant gods of westeros (in westeros in the the south they worship the 7 in the north they worship the old gods)

The Smoke Monster/Shadow Baby was a spell she cast to create that shadow to kill Rendly for Stannis. It is not spelled out in the show (or in the books for that matter) but i've always assumed when she has sex with Stannis she drains him of some of his life force to make it. Thus she is not popping out shadow babies to run to the grocery store or other errands. That is all speculation on my part and i could be way off base.

hope that helps some She showed up in the first or second episode when the old man who was the Maester for Stannis though she was evil he tried to poisen her and the poisen did not harm her but he ended up dying.

That clears up a lot. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:41 pm 
a joke

Anyone else check out the "Talk of Thrones" intentionally awful youtube videos?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 77  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment