Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:29 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:28 am
Posts: 28541
Location: PORTLAND, ME
not sure if this needs spoilering, but i did it anyway!!

Spoiler: show
Image

_________________
Winner, 2011 RM 'Stache Tournament


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:40 am 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:49 pm
Posts: 9495
Location: Richie-Richville, Maryland
EllisEamos wrote:
not sure if this needs spoilering, but i did it anyway!!

Spoiler: show
Image


It's not spoilery, just a reminder of how bad that effects shot was.

_________________
you get a lifetime, that's it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:46 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:28 am
Posts: 28541
Location: PORTLAND, ME
broken iris wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:
not sure if this needs spoilering, but i did it anyway!!

Spoiler: show
Image


It's not spoilery, just a reminder of how bad that effects shot was.
what makes the sun come up in brokenirisnegativille?

_________________
Winner, 2011 RM 'Stache Tournament


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:49 pm
Posts: 9495
Location: Richie-Richville, Maryland
EllisEamos wrote:
broken iris wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:
not sure if this needs spoilering, but i did it anyway!!

Spoiler: show
Image


It's not spoilery, just a reminder of how bad that effects shot was.
what makes the sun come up in brokenirisnegativille?


The thing about this show is that it's so close to being 'perfect' that it's flaws stand out when in other shows they would quickly be forgiven. The divergences from the books, although frustrating at the time, have turned out OK. The cast seems to 'get it' much more this season than last, which has resulted in better character interactions than I assumed possible after the loss of Ned and Robert. The reason this one still bugs me is that the original depiction of the white walkers was so great. They were invincible undead, heathen ninjas. This one looks like someone left grampa in the tub too long and forgot to give him his pills. It also felt like they were trying too hard to replicate the shock ending of last season when we end with a first view of the dragons.

_________________
you get a lifetime, that's it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:28 am
Posts: 28541
Location: PORTLAND, ME
i think you're thinking too much.

_________________
Winner, 2011 RM 'Stache Tournament


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:20 am 
Offline
User avatar
$5 Donation Gets Custom Title
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:33 am
Posts: 17101
EllisEamos wrote:
i think you're thinking too much.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:10 am
Posts: 10993
Gender: Male
EllisEamos wrote:
i think you're thinking too much.

the most elliseamos post of all time

_________________
i8pork wrote:
being on the internet is fun as hell. :comp:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:28 am
Posts: 28541
Location: PORTLAND, ME
Alex wrote:
EllisEamos wrote:
i think you're thinking too much.

the most elliseamos post of all time
i'm pretty sure this takes the elliseamos cake: viewtopic.php?p=3543487#p3543487

_________________
Winner, 2011 RM 'Stache Tournament


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fuck Sharks
 Profile

Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:14 am
Posts: 3642
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Gender: Male
From FB:

Quote:
Game of Thrones Season 3 will start production in early July. Locations include Belfast, Northern Ireland, Croatia, Iceland and Morocco.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:55 pm
Posts: 11320
Location: Brooklyn
Gender: Male
Image

_________________
Anita Brookner wrote:
Great writers are the saints for the godless.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:12 am 
Offline
User avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 11:29 pm
Posts: 3103
Location: Golden, MA
Gender: Male
Just finished Dance Of Dragons. DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE BOOKS

Spoiler: show
The last two books were nowhere close to as good as the first three. I hated 99% of the new players. all the Greyjoys are boring, the stuff in Dorn was boring and even Tyrion got boring with Penny and the pig.
The Dannie stuff make me want to kill myself the "middle east politics" of her story are so fucking lame.
The highlight of the last book was John Snow, the queen's walk & the stuff with Reek & the Boltons.
The end with Varies was AWESOME.

Here is my prediction, and I hope I'm right because if John Snow dies I'm most likely going to stop reading.

John Snow dies, Millisandra gives him the red kiss. He has died so his "Watch has ended" and then he is free to be the Lord of Winterfell without being an oathbreaker. After that he best go rape the Boltons in the ass.

_________________
08/30/2000, 4/30/2003, 7/2/2003, 7/3/2003, 7/8/2003, 7/9/2003, 7/11/2003, 7/12/2003, 9/28/2004, 9/29/2004, 9/15/2005, 9/16/2005, 5/12/2006, 5/13/2006, 6/28/2008, 6/30/2008, 5/17/2010, 9/12/2012


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:29 am
Posts: 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA
fitzy wrote:
Just finished Dance Of Dragons. DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE BOOKS

Spoiler: show
The last two books were nowhere close to as good as the first three. I hated 99% of the new players. all the Greyjoys are boring, the stuff in Dorn was boring and even Tyrion got boring with Penny and the pig.
The Dannie stuff make me want to kill myself the "middle east politics" of her story are so fucking lame.
The highlight of the last book was John Snow, the queen's walk & the stuff with Reek & the Boltons.
The end with Varies was AWESOME.

Here is my prediction, and I hope I'm right because if John Snow dies I'm most likely going to stop reading.

John Snow dies, Millisandra gives him the red kiss. He has died so his "Watch has ended" and then he is free to be the Lord of Winterfell without being an oathbreaker. After that he best go rape the Boltons in the ass.


Spoiler: show
I agree with most of what you said. i did not mind the stuff with Dorne and the Sand snakes and i also was okay with Jon cottington and Baby Aegon although i thought the baby not dead thing is a dumb plot device. I like the Greyjoy's especially Asha. Dany's story is so boring i want to claw my eyes out. Tyrion was the same.
I did love the Davos story line. Frey pie by Lord Manderly was awesome.
Reek was awesome
Jon Snow was awesome
He is either coming back my Melisandre or going to be Ghost for a while and then somehow come back later. I would not mind seeing him creep into winterfell as Ghost and just start savaging bitches and terrorising everyone there
I do like how Winter has Finally come. Ole Georgey boy better bring it in the next book becuase you are right that the last two have paled in comparisson.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Reissued
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:38 pm
Posts: 20059
Gender: Male
Does anyone else think this show looks like a soap opera in how it's filmed? Something about it looks cheap and off to me, and it's not related to the sets; it's something to do with how things seem to move on the screen.

_________________
stop light plays its part, so I would say you've got a part


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
$5 Donation Gets Custom Title
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:33 am
Posts: 17101
lolwutno


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:51 am
Posts: 43609
Location: My city smells like Cheerios
Gender: Male
dkfan9 wrote:
Does anyone else think this show looks like a soap opera in how it's filmed? Something about it looks cheap and off to me, and it's not related to the sets; it's something to do with how things seem to move on the screen.

are you watching on an HDTV set with something equivalent to "trumotion" or whatever where things seem ultra real? If so, turn that shit off; it looks terrible.

_________________
"No matter how hard you kill Jesus, he would always just come back and hit you twice as hard."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:46 am 
Offline
User avatar
Reissued
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:38 pm
Posts: 20059
Gender: Male
Mecca wrote:
dkfan9 wrote:
Does anyone else think this show looks like a soap opera in how it's filmed? Something about it looks cheap and off to me, and it's not related to the sets; it's something to do with how things seem to move on the screen.

are you watching on an HDTV set with something equivalent to "trumotion" or whatever where things seem ultra real? If so, turn that shit off; it looks terrible.

It was a friend's house and HDTV, so I'm not sure, but that's probably it. Watching some clips online, it looked normal.

_________________
stop light plays its part, so I would say you've got a part


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:51 am
Posts: 43609
Location: My city smells like Cheerios
Gender: Male
dkfan9 wrote:
Mecca wrote:
dkfan9 wrote:
Does anyone else think this show looks like a soap opera in how it's filmed? Something about it looks cheap and off to me, and it's not related to the sets; it's something to do with how things seem to move on the screen.

are you watching on an HDTV set with something equivalent to "trumotion" or whatever where things seem ultra real? If so, turn that shit off; it looks terrible.

It was a friend's house and HDTV, so I'm not sure, but that's probably it. Watching some clips online, it looked normal.

get better friends

_________________
"No matter how hard you kill Jesus, he would always just come back and hit you twice as hard."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:55 am 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:49 pm
Posts: 9495
Location: Richie-Richville, Maryland
The Internet has been completed:


_________________
you get a lifetime, that's it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
On the bright side
 Profile

Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:42 pm
Posts: 17495
Location: Surfside Beach, SC
Gender: Male
So I just started watching this. I'm on episode 7 of season one. I didn't read the books and realize most of you are finished watching season two so I won't get into stuff I like/dislike about early on in season one except:

Spoiler: show
There's lots of t*tties in this show.

_________________
I remember thinking, "that's really gay". -- Cameronia


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Spacegirl
 Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:54 pm
Posts: 40914
Mecca wrote:
dkfan9 wrote:
Does anyone else think this show looks like a soap opera in how it's filmed? Something about it looks cheap and off to me, and it's not related to the sets; it's something to do with how things seem to move on the screen.

are you watching on an HDTV set with something equivalent to "trumotion" or whatever where things seem ultra real? If so, turn that shit off; it looks terrible.

i kinda dig that shit, but i could see it being weirdo watching GoT.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
It is currently Fri May 24, 2019 11:11 am