Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8799 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 440  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:06 pm 
trying to make a career out of postwhoring

The Chronicles of Narnia
some book called The Goal for a class at school
Bible

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:11 pm 
not a big Gay guy

you shall know our velocity! by dave eggers

i was dreaming through the howzlife yawning car black when she told me "mad and meaningless as ever" and a song came on my radio like a cemetery rhyme for a million crying corpses in their tragedy of respectable existence

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:51 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

I'm about to start a 51 book set "La Comedie Humaine" by Honre' de Balzac..... I'm quite excited about it actually, I'd been searching for a reasonably priced set for years and finally found one that was in good enough shape to read (the books are from 1899-ish).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:52 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
The Chronicles of Narnia
I love the Narnia stories (C.S. Lewis).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:53 pm 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

Balzac is excellent, although I prefer Zola personally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:39 pm 
not a big Gay guy

heh, "balzac"

i was dreaming through the howzlife yawning car black when she told me "mad and meaningless as ever" and a song came on my radio like a cemetery rhyme for a million crying corpses in their tragedy of respectable existence

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:45 pm 
Force of Nature
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Flash MX for Dummies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:48 pm 
Got Some

The Dante Club by Matthew Pearl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:27 pm 

cltaylor12 wrote:
The Chronicles of Narnia

this is my first time reading them...i'm done with the magician's nephew and about halfway through the lion, the witch, and the wardrobe....so far, i'm really enjoying it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:33 pm 
The Maleficent
 WWW  Profile

cltaylor12 wrote:
The Chronicles of Narnia

this is my first time reading them...i'm done with the magician's nephew and about halfway through the lion, the witch, and the wardrobe....so far, i'm really enjoying it

I always loved that series.

Lenny, did you ever read the Wrinkle in Time series of books? I read those around the same time as the Narnia books and those two series pretty much hooked me on good SciFi for the rest of my life. they're all classified as children's books, but I keep meaning to go buy them again just to have in my collection.

you are the human wyoming

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:35 pm 

malice wrote:
cltaylor12 wrote:
The Chronicles of Narnia

Lenny, did you ever read the Wrinkle in Time series of books? I read those around the same time as the Narnia books and those two series pretty much hooked me on good SciFi for the rest of my life. they're all classified as children's books, but I keep meaning to go buy them again just to have in my collection.

i've heard of them...someone told me they were good a long time ago....i'm not a big scifi kinda person but there are some exceptions in the fantasy genre..like i'm pretty much in love with the harry potter series...and i've read a few of the brian jacques books and liked them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:40 pm 
The Maleficent
 WWW  Profile

malice wrote:
cltaylor12 wrote:
The Chronicles of Narnia

i've heard of them...someone told me they were good a long time ago....i'm not a big scifi kinda person but there are some exceptions in the fantasy genre..like i'm pretty much in love with the harry potter series...and i've read a few of the brian jacques books and liked them

I'm a good writing person. I used to think of SciFi as being a genre that was either very staid or too geek technical for me, but there are a number of authors who are just stellar when it comes to good story telling, it's a genre that allows a lot of leeway for pushing the envelope of creative thought.
Anyway, glad to see the Narnia books getting some respect, and I'm interested in getting the Harry Potter books too (if I ever start making enough money again).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:57 pm 

malice wrote:
malice wrote:
cltaylor12 wrote:
The Chronicles of Narnia

I'm a good writing person. I used to think of SciFi as being a genre that was either very staid or too geek technical for me, but there are a number of authors who are just stellar when it comes to good story telling, it's a genre that allows a lot of leeway for pushing the envelope of creative thought.
Anyway, glad to see the Narnia books getting some respect, and I'm interested in getting the Harry Potter books too (if I ever start making enough money again).

i'm the exact same way...as long as it's good storytelling i don't really care what genre it is..that's what attracted me to the harry potter series...i probably never would have read one if i didn't have to for a class though....why don't you just try checking them out from a library?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:01 pm 
The Maleficent
 WWW  Profile

malice wrote:
malice wrote:
cltaylor12 wrote:
The Chronicles of Narnia

i'm the exact same way...as long as it's good storytelling i don't really care what genre it is..that's what attracted me to the harry potter series...i probably never would have read one if i didn't have to for a class though....why don't you just try checking them out from a library?

The government could look at my reading habits that way!
Nah, I don't know really, the last time I had a library card was about 6 years ago, and I never once used it. I'm always thinking I should get a library card here (I moved 5 years ago) but never get to it. Not very green of me is it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:09 pm 

malice wrote:
Nah, I don't know really, the last time I had a library card was about 6 years ago, and I never once used it. I'm always thinking I should get a library card here (I moved 5 years ago) but never get to it. Not very green of me is it.

i understand...i don't even use mine half the time cause my mom is a librarian so she just gets stuff for me (therefore, no overdue charges)

just go into a barnes & noble or books a million and sit there and read the whole thing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:11 pm 
The Maleficent
 WWW  Profile

malice wrote:

i understand...i don't even use mine half the time cause my mom is a librarian so she just gets stuff for me (therefore, no overdue charges)

just go into a barnes & noble or books a million and sit there and read the whole thing

is it any wonder why I care for you so? :luv:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:16 pm 
not a big Gay guy

cltaylor12 wrote:
The Chronicles of Narnia

i thought that the lion, the witch, and the wardrobe was the first book in that series. did i miss something?

and malice, your path is clear: use bit torrent to steal all the books you need in e-book form. it's like a library, only more sedentary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:25 pm 
The Maleficent
 WWW  Profile

knuckles of frisco wrote:
cltaylor12 wrote:
The Chronicles of Narnia

i thought that the lion, the witch, and the wardrobe was the first book in that series. did i miss something?

and malice, your path is clear: use bit torrent to steal all the books you need in e-book form. it's like a library, only more sedentary

The magician's nephew takes place prior to the lion the witch and the wardrobe within that universe.

I've been thinking of doing that...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:30 pm 
not a big Gay guy

malice wrote:
knuckles of frisco wrote:
cltaylor12 wrote:
The Chronicles of Narnia

The magician's nephew takes place prior to the lion the witch and the wardrobe within that universe.

I've been thinking of doing that...

but it was published afterwards, right?

let me check my laptop when i get home, i might even have one of them i can send to you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:32 pm 
AnalLog

malice wrote:
cltaylor12 wrote:
The Chronicles of Narnia

The Wrinkle In Time series is outstanding, and I especially like A Swiftly Tilting Planet. Sci-Fi is probably my favorite genre, just because you can combine human drama with amazing and imaginative scenarios.

Always do the right thing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8799 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 440  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment