Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Iron Man 2
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:15 pm 
Supersonic

Rocky Estoppel wrote:
This movie was probably the greatest creation of cinema that man has done in history.

It certainly tops every movie made before 1878. Hands down.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:41 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 WWW  Profile

Finally saw this, loved every minute of it. War Machine was badass, holding those drones with one hand while pumping lead into 'em. Nick Fury gave me a chub as well, talking more openly about the Avenger Initiative ... that "I have more important things to do" bit probably was referring to the search for Mjolnir in New Mexico? Or is there another setup going on in that scene?
Oh, and in the scene where Tony sits down with Fury surrounded by computer screens, he's watching a news report on an "Incident At Culver University" ... the exact news report that was used in the climax of The Incredible Hulk. Awesome. Plus he's surrounded by all those maps with markers on them that I can only assume relates to the Avengers somehow, but I'll leave that up to Peeps.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:10 pm 
In a van down by the river

EbolaMonkey wrote:
Finally saw this, loved every minute of it. War Machine was badass, holding those drones with one hand while pumping lead into 'em. Nick Fury gave me a chub as well, talking more openly about the Avenger Initiative ... that "I have more important things to do" bit probably was referring to the search for Mjolnir in New Mexico? Or is there another setup going on in that scene?
Oh, and in the scene where Tony sits down with Fury surrounded by computer screens, he's watching a news report on an "Incident At Culver University" ... the exact news report that was used in the climax of The Incredible Hulk. Awesome. Plus he's surrounded by all those maps with markers on them that I can only assume relates to the Avengers somehow, but I'll leave that up to Peeps.

to be honest, i didnt even pay attention to most if not any of that during the movie, but having seen the links, yes, you are correct. thats awesome how they added the culver video there and the map of the world with the "targets" on them is being speculated that those are known "hero" hot spots. NYC could be spiderman, southwest is thor, IM is cali, africa = Black panther and i think there is one in the ocean that could be namor. most of those are movies that marvel has projected to make.

my best guess for the avengers movie is thor, cap, IM, along with hawkeye (rumored to be in thor as a cameo) and probably the pyms. the hulk and loki more than likely to be used as the villians, and if anyone knows the origin of the avengers knows the hulk is used by loki to attack just thor

to me that makes the most sense in terms of a origin movie for the avengers, unless they someone incorporate the first volume of the ultimates, which makes the hulk the main villian (but no where in the hulk movie with norton) is this even hinted at

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:51 pm 
Got Some

Iron Man 2: The Abridged Script

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:35 pm 
Supersonic

the guy from the hurt locker just signed to play hawkeye

dvds -> http://db.etree.org/lukinman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:39 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

The character of Black Cat, she doesn't have any special powers, does she? I take it she's just like highly excelled at martial arts, that kind of thing.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:51 pm 

black widow and shes basically tom cruise in MI

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:06 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

oh yea duh, where the fuck did I get Black Cat from? :haha: Is that a Batman villain or something?

I didn't know much about the concept of the Avengers before all this talk recently, but the one thing that mainly stuck out to me, the inclusion of the Hulk on this Marvel version of the "Super Friends", Hulk always seemed to me as something that was so wildly unpredictable and potentially dangerous, even though you know deep down he's not in his heart malicious, but so I found it strange the notion that he could be a member of this team.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:39 pm 
Supersonic

matt00dak wrote:

:haha:

JON FAVREAU and GWYNETH PALTROW show up and ram MICKEY into a wall with their car. They throw ROBERT an IRON MAN SUITCASE which allows ROBERT to sell a slightly different ACTION FIGURE.

GWYNETH PALTROW
How the hell does that thing not weigh like a billion pounds?

JON FAVREAU
Oh no, Mickey Rourke has survived being slammed into a wall with a car! Four times! Geeze, what moron directed this?

IRON ROBERT and MICKEY ROURKE fight for a bit.

MICKEY ROURKE
Vodka communism ice hockey! How do vhips slice right through cars but just mildly annoy iron suit?

ROBERT DOWNEY JR.
That’s almost as good a question as why your face doesn’t completely explode when I punch you in it with my big iron man fist.
(punch)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:57 am 
Force of Nature

Samwise wrote:
oh yea duh, where the fuck did I get Black Cat from? :haha: Is that a Batman villain or something?

Spider-Man ally

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:26 am 
Got Some

McParadigm wrote:
matt00dak wrote:

JON FAVREAU and GWYNETH PALTROW show up and ram MICKEY into a wall with their car. They throw ROBERT an IRON MAN SUITCASE which allows ROBERT to sell a slightly different ACTION FIGURE.

GWYNETH PALTROW

JON FAVREAU
Oh no, Mickey Rourke has survived being slammed into a wall with a car! Four times! Geeze, what moron directed this?

MICKEY ROURKE
Vodka communism ice hockey! How do vhips slice right through cars but just mildly annoy iron suit?

ROBERT DOWNEY JR.
That’s almost as good a question as why your face doesn’t completely explode when I punch you in it with my big iron man fist.
(punch)

:thumbsup: I wanted to quote something when I linked it but couldn't decide what part. The whole thing is golden.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:26 am 

because im bored

McParadigm wrote:
matt00dak wrote:

GWYNETH PALTROW

its a basic metal compound, not steel, but closer to aluminum foil in terms of its thickness. once it is fully installed, a electrical charge is run through it that makes it tougher than it appears (in the comics, his old armor was almost cloth-like in appearance, but once he ran the charge through it it gained the strength you see now)

JON FAVREAU

the power generator for the whip armor also creates a field where it offers greater than normal protection. not a full on force field, but enough to protect its wearer

MICKEY ROURKE

race cars are made out of plastics and fiber glass which arent even close to the tensile strength of the armor once its fully charged

ROBERT DOWNEY JR.
(punch)

more than likely its a combination of tony stark holding back on his power for fear of killing him (something he is loathe to do) and the extra protection the whiplash armor provides as i noted earlier

[/comic geek]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:30 am 
Poney Girl

Peeps wrote:
because im bored
Spoiler: show
McParadigm wrote:
matt00dak wrote:

GWYNETH PALTROW

its a basic metal compound, not steel, but closer to aluminum foil in terms of its thickness. once it is fully installed, a electrical charge is run through it that makes it tougher than it appears (in the comics, his old armor was almost cloth-like in appearance, but once he ran the charge through it it gained the strength you see now)

JON FAVREAU

the power generator for the whip armor also creates a field where it offers greater than normal protection. not a full on force field, but enough to protect its wearer

MICKEY ROURKE

race cars are made out of plastics and fiber glass which arent even close to the tensile strength of the armor once its fully charged

ROBERT DOWNEY JR.
(punch)

more than likely its a combination of tony stark holding back on his power for fear of killing him (something he is loathe to do) and the extra protection the whiplash armor provides as i noted earlier

[/comic geek]

Thanks for defending the comic geek side of this :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:00 am 
Former PJ Drummer

im not a comic geek and really dont have a clue about the avengers and all these other marvel dudes coming into the picture...

but this movie fucking ruled. Both iron mans are a total fucking riot. Robert Downey JR is incredible in this role. This movie is just hysterically badass.

Scarlett...kicking ass....man alive.

Love these flicks.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:43 am 
Poney Girl

IM1 >>>>>> IM2.

IM2 was totally just a pimping out movie for The Avengers, Thor and a little bit of Capn America

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:27 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Is IM2 out on DVD yet? I've still not seen it. I can't find it to d/l, either.

Shawn Smith: 1 in 2008

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:17 am 

randallanddarcy wrote:

i think its out in the next two weeks

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:17 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Peeps wrote:
randallanddarcy wrote:

I don't watch a lot of flicks, but in this day and age, is that not a long gap between cinema-->DVD release? Movies seem, to me, to come out on DVD pretty much right after they're done at the cinemas. This seems like a long gap. Or am I just wrong?

Shawn Smith: 1 in 2008

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:35 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

randallanddarcy wrote:
Peeps wrote:
randallanddarcy wrote:

I don't watch a lot of flicks, but in this day and age, is that not a long gap between cinema-->DVD release? Movies seem, to me, to come out on DVD pretty much right after they're done at the cinemas. This seems like a long gap. Or am I just wrong?

Actually yea in recent years that gap has gotten much smaller (I think it mostly started with Burton's "Batman"), but yea going by the modern template, this does seem a bit longer than usual that it's taking to come out. Though I also saw an ad tonite for Prince Of Persia hitting, and that was an early May movie as well, wasn't it?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment