Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: TV: Dexter (Season 5)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:24 am 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

The Argonaut wrote:
I like what I see. The end of season 4 doesn't seem to have been quite the game-changer it might have been, but that's probably a good thing for the show. Can't wait.

astor starts killing because her name is "astor"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:19 am 
Got Some

Mecca wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:
I like what I see. The end of season 4 doesn't seem to have been quite the game-changer it might have been, but that's probably a good thing for the show. Can't wait.

astor starts killing because her name is "astor"

In the books, the kinds are supposedly more fucked up than in the show, ie they have dexter like tendencies. but ya, what a name to give a kid lol. :haha:

http://www.jason-stallings.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:46 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Just finished season 3. Waiting for season 4 to be released on DVD. I really don't see why everyone puts Season 3 as the least favorite season. I wasn't sold on Smit's character, but it was the first season where all the supporting characters were given some development.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:51 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

The trailer and the last couple episodes of S4 give me the impression that they will be recycling the Doakes storyline from S2 w/ Quinn as a whiter version of Doakes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:16 pm 
Supersonic

I liked the trailer.

And I think they are smarter than resorting to recycled storylines, but who knows.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:18 am 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

well, quinn seems to be going about it with police work whereas Doakes had a personal vendetta that he was doing on his own

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:43 am 
Supersonic

SPOILER ALERT

So is this guy still a serial killer?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:54 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

So having tickets regifted, getting thrown on your ass, and being rejected overall after being busted for taking money at a crime scene wouldn't make things personal for Quinn?

Anyway, it's a very similar plot complication. Watching the trailer, Doakes instantly came to mind. That's all.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:34 pm 
Corin's Cutie

I'm pretty sure that footage is all from the first episode or two, I don't see the Quinn story lasting all season

I think they will use it to match up the show with the books in the sense that
Spoiler: show
Deb knows that Dexter is a killer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:08 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Conscientious Objector wrote:
I'm pretty sure that footage is all from the first episode or two, I don't see the Quinn story lasting all season

I think they will use it to match up the show with the books in the sense that
Spoiler: show
Deb knows that Dexter is a killer

I would be down for that angle.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:08 pm 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

Iago wrote:
So having tickets regifted, getting thrown on your ass, and being rejected overall after being busted for taking money at a crime scene wouldn't make things personal for Quinn?

Anyway, it's a very similar plot complication. Watching the trailer, Doakes instantly came to mind. That's all.

its not that things are or aren't personal. Doakes was more or less going after dexter on his own, while it appears from the trailers that quinn is doing it by the books was my point

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:21 pm 
I <3 Yoga Pants

when does this start?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:25 pm 
Supersonic

Season four was pretty handily the best out of any of them if you ask me. I started watching the show midway through season 4 when it was on and have gone back and watched all of them throughought the past few months, and it's been a pretty fun ride. Seasons 1 and 2 were both taut and great, but Season 4 was at another level with Lithgow (S4 was also the first time I gave a shit about any of the supporting cast, too, for whatever reason.)

S3 is easily at the bottom of the pile. The Prado plotline just did not grab me, and the skinner was small potatoes. I appreciated them coming at it from a different angle than the rest of the show (no Big Bad Serial Killer for Dex to square off with) but it just didn't work as well. I have a feeling that if I rewatched everything I might take to this season a bit more, though.

might be spoilers in the rest of the post...

concerning S5, I'm really hoping they don't pussyfoot around the issue they've created. I want to see Dex get into some real trouble this season, as that hasn't exactly happened before. The only thing I'm dreading is the potential for a bunch of Dexter, Single Dad scenes with the kids. Also don't want to see Quinn just become Doakes II.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:52 pm 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

dyingonahilltop wrote:
Season four was pretty handily the best out of any of them if you ask me. I started watching the show midway through season 4 when it was on and have gone back and watched all of them throughought the past few months, and it's been a pretty fun ride. Seasons 1 and 2 were both taut and great, but Season 4 was at another level with Lithgow (S4 was also the first time I gave a shit about any of the supporting cast, too, for whatever reason.)

S3 is easily at the bottom of the pile. The Prado plotline just did not grab me, and the skinner was small potatoes. I appreciated them coming at it from a different angle than the rest of the show (no Big Bad Serial Killer for Dex to square off with) but it just didn't work as well. I have a feeling that if I rewatched everything I might take to this season a bit more, though.

might be spoilers in the rest of the post...

concerning S5, I'm really hoping they don't pussyfoot around the issue they've created. I want to see Dex get into some real trouble this season, as that hasn't exactly happened before. The only thing I'm dreading is the potential for a bunch of Dexter, Single Dad scenes with the kids. Also don't want to see Quinn just become Doakes II.

wow, pretty much the same exact feelings i've had

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:16 am 
Got Some

dyingonahilltop wrote:
Also don't want to see Quinn just become Doakes II.

It could certainly start that way, but one thing no one has actually taken into consideration is the fact that no one knows that trinity actually killed Rita on his own. He had more than one set of children so there is no reason he doesnt have more crazy psycos running around. anyway my point being, once they find out that it wasn't dexter for sure, quinn may simply back off. just a theory. I also see captain mathews and deb getting on his ass for going after dexter right after his wife was murdered.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:11 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Junco Partner wrote:
dyingonahilltop wrote:

It could certainly start that way, but one thing no one has actually taken into consideration is the fact that no one knows that trinity actually killed Rita on his own. He had more than one set of children so there is no reason he doesnt have more crazy psycos running around. anyway my point being, once they find out that it wasn't dexter for sure, quinn may simply back off. just a theory. I also see captain mathews and deb getting on his ass for going after dexter right after his wife was murdered.

but they are going to find out about kyle butler and aren't they going to wonder why Trinity would go after Rita? And Dexter still has dirt on quinn. He may have to kill quinn. Bautista and what's her face (bautista's new wife) like dexter too much to let them dig to deep into him.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:33 am 
Got Some

Veddar10 wrote:
Junco Partner wrote:
dyingonahilltop wrote:

but they are going to find out about kyle butler and aren't they going to wonder why Trinity would go after Rita? And Dexter still has dirt on quinn. He may have to kill quinn. Bautista and what's her face (bautista's new wife) like dexter too much to let them dig to deep into him.

exactly, he put up such a successful front that it may be too hard for anyone to have a critical eye. I think the fact that batista and laguerta got married at the end of last season/that may get them in trouble, thus they may not have any power over it. if the writers have any sense they will do something interesting with that, because that shit was cheesy.

I won't speculate on the kyle butler thing, I just want to see how it plays out. I do think someone tied to the trinity killer and not the actual trinity killer, killed rita.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:40 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Junco Partner wrote:
Veddar10 wrote:
Junco Partner wrote:
dyingonahilltop wrote:

exactly, he put up such a successful front that it may be too hard for anyone to have a critical eye. I think the fact that batista and laguerta got married at the end of last season/that may get them in trouble, thus they may not have any power over it. if the writers have any sense they will do something interesting with that, because that shit was cheesy.

I won't speculate on the kyle butler thing, I just want to see how it plays out. I do think someone tied to the trinity killer and not the actual trinity killer, killed rita.

I doubt they would introduce any intirely new character who killed Rita. the writers are too good to be so lazy as to just introduce someone new to blame. So who? can't be arthur mitchell's son because he hated his father although in that thanksgiving episode he literally called his father "a murderer" whether he meant that metaphorically is yet to be seen. Arthur Mitchell's wife was just a scared housewife (maybe) and his creepy daughter that wanted to fuck dexter well who knows? So who's left that could have known that Dexter knew who trinity was? Christine or whatever might have known but she blew her own head off. SO lets think who could it be besides Trinity and how could dexter explain why he would target him and deter from his typical pattern

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:50 am 
Got Some

Veddar10 wrote:
Junco Partner wrote:
Veddar10 wrote:
Junco Partner wrote:
dyingonahilltop wrote:

I doubt they would introduce any intirely new character who killed Rita. the writers are too good to be so lazy as to just introduce someone new to blame. So who? can't be arthur mitchell's son because he hated his father although in that thanksgiving episode he literally called his father "a murderer" whether he meant that metaphorically is yet to be seen. Arthur Mitchell's wife was just a scared housewife (maybe) and his creepy daughter that wanted to fuck dexter well who knows? So who's left that could have known that Dexter knew who trinity was? Christine or whatever might have known but she blew her own head off. SO lets think who could it be besides Trinity and how could dexter explain why he would target him and deter from his typical pattern

I dunno. I know it sounds really cheesy, but I think the neighbor that hit on Rita might be involved. In any case he was a creep I hope dexter whacks him regardless.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:39 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Junco Partner wrote:
Veddar10 wrote:
Junco Partner wrote:
Veddar10 wrote:
Junco Partner wrote:
dyingonahilltop wrote:

I dunno. I know it sounds really cheesy, but I think the neighbor that hit on Rita might be involved. In any case he was a creep I hope dexter whacks him regardless.

that thought had crossed my mind but I wanted to give the writers more credit than to do something so disjointed as to try and tie that guy into the story more. Not enough of a foundation for that. I could see that happening on a show like true blood or something but hopefully not dexter

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment