Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3079 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 154  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Dark Knight Returns (2011)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:07 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

Al wrote:
suck it, bitches

Looks like Robin's about to.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:11 pm 
Winner: 2007+2009 Other Bands Cover Contest

theplatypus wrote:
Reviving Jason Todd was a stupid move on DC's part.

Granted, the Nightwing-Batman relationship is one of the more interesting in the DC universe, but let's be honest here. In the 1940s, most comic book readers were little kids who needed a young character in the comics to identify with-- like Captain America's Bucky. The ONLY reason Robin was created was to fill that part. Other than that, he's a pretty useless character with little or no redeemable value.

The only reason he's so ingrained into the collective pop culture psyche is because of the Adam West/Burt Ward duo from the 60's TV show.

How can the Nightwing-Batman relationship be one of the more interesting yet Robin is a usless character? The whole dynamic is a father and son. You don't get that unless Bruce raises him. I'm with you about Jason Todd....bringing him back was a mistake.

No way a character like Batman doesn't plan for the future even the movie version. He can't depned on Alfred and L.Fox forever those guys will be dead in a decade. Plus he's going to realize there will always be a need for a Batman. It would only make sense that he would find a successor in a kid who went through the same trauma he did who he can mold in his image from a young age. I would say that rational is very realistic...the Batman legacy depends on someone taking over for him one day. Raising that kid keeps Batman from going over the edge. Without Robin to reel him in Batman would eventually go to far and alienate Gordon and any other friend(s) he might have.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:56 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

bart d. wrote:
Al wrote:
suck it, bitches

Looks like Robin's about to.

:haha: :haha:

Hey it's the only way to get the poison out! :P

Anyways I've just heard what's got to be easily the dumbest casting rumor so far: Rachel Dawes comes back to life as -- wait for it -- Catwoman :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:08 pm 
Stone's Bitch
 WWW  Profile

Laugh at me all you want, but me and some friends were thinking:

Angelina Jolie as Catwoman.

Discuss.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:12 pm 
Stone's Bitch
 WWW  Profile

http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/91673
Bring on Batman 3
by Mike Krumboltz
August 4, 2008 03:26:42 PM

"The Dark Knight" is still on the tip of everyone's tongue. But now, instead of folks breathlessly asking each other if they've seen it, talk has turned to speculation over Batman's next foe. Who's it gonna be?

iVillage is reporting that the Caped Crusader may take on the Riddler in "Batman 3." According to the rumor mill, Johnny Depp might sign on to play the nefarious super-criminal. But caveat emptor—this could be just as false as the one about Crispin Glover playing the Joker.

Slashfilm notes that there are additional possibilities floating around. For instance, Phillip Seymour Hoffman may play the Penguin or Angelina Jolie could don Catwoman's skin-tight suit. Truth or fiction, fanboys around the world must be having a heart attack at the mere possibility.

Still, the "official" rumor mill is just one of the ways superfans are checking in on the next Batman flick. Many seek the scoop themselves. We've noticed impressive searches on "batman 3 rumors," "dark knight sequel casting rumors," and "batman's next villain."

That last query is very telling. People clearly want to know the answer, but we doubt even the filmmakers have decided. To that end, may we offer the studio execs this humble piece of Search-informed advice: Go with Catwoman. She's far-and-away the most popular baddie and there are already a slew of searches on possible cast members including Jessica Biel, Amy Adams, and, wait for it, Maggie Gyllenhaal. Do fans think Rachel Dawes, Bruce Wayne's one-and-only, was really the Catwoman all along?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:14 pm 
Supersonic

I would say that, in Begins, even Scarecrow wasn't generally known as "The Scarecrow." And Ras has a strange name, but it's a name. Even Harvey was HARVEY to everybody in the movie, not Two Face. I would guess that, unlike with Joker, the best thing is to treat the next villain's comic-book-identity as a sort of alias or reference point, rather than have the villain be "The" anything.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:28 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

LostDog1079 wrote:
http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/91673
Bring on Batman 3
by Mike Krumboltz
August 4, 2008 03:26:42 PM

"The Dark Knight" is still on the tip of everyone's tongue. But now, instead of folks breathlessly asking each other if they've seen it, talk has turned to speculation over Batman's next foe. Who's it gonna be?

iVillage is reporting that the Caped Crusader may take on the Riddler in "Batman 3." According to the rumor mill, Johnny Depp might sign on to play the nefarious super-criminal. But caveat emptor—this could be just as false as the one about Crispin Glover playing the Joker.

Slashfilm notes that there are additional possibilities floating around. For instance, Phillip Seymour Hoffman may play the Penguin or Angelina Jolie could don Catwoman's skin-tight suit. Truth or fiction, fanboys around the world must be having a heart attack at the mere possibility.

Still, the "official" rumor mill is just one of the ways superfans are checking in on the next Batman flick. Many seek the scoop themselves. We've noticed impressive searches on "batman 3 rumors," "dark knight sequel casting rumors," and "batman's next villain."

That last query is very telling. People clearly want to know the answer, but we doubt even the filmmakers have decided. To that end, may we offer the studio execs this humble piece of Search-informed advice: Go with Catwoman. She's far-and-away the most popular baddie and there are already a slew of searches on possible cast members including Jessica Biel, Amy Adams, and, wait for it, Maggie Gyllenhaal. Do fans think Rachel Dawes, Bruce Wayne's one-and-only, was really the Catwoman all along?

This is the exact story I saw elsewhere that I was getting the Rachel as Catwoman thing. I still think it's stupid.

I'm also not a big fan of the idea of Angelina Jolie, either. Just seems... too on the nose. It'd be the too obvious pick, if that makes any sense. You'd practically feel like you've already seen the movie before you actually have.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:51 am 
Mike's Maniac

chris cornell is going to put on fifty pounds and play the penguin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:03 am 
Supersonic

How about something really scary, like The Pederast?

Last edited by McParadigm on Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:17 am 
Mike's Maniac

apparently the site you got that from doesnt allow hotlinks ;)

but. you do not fuck with ze jesus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:11 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 WWW  Profile

theplatypus wrote:
Eh. The whole "Batman takes in a 10 year old orphan to train" seems like a stupid fucking idea. Too hokey to fit in the universe Nolan and company have created.

Read Dark Victory and it'll make sense. I'm not a Robin supporter, but it can work.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:02 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

if Jolie played Catwoman I would never go see it. maybe rent it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:23 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Al wrote:

Yeah, I mean, she's attractive, a huge star, won awards for her acting, ewwwww.

Rise. Life is in motion...

don't it make you smile?
don't it make you smile?
when the sun don't shine? (shine at all)
don't it make you smile?

RIP

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:20 am 
too drunk to moderate properly
 WWW  Profile

jwfocker wrote:
Al wrote:

Yeah, I mean, she's attractive, a huge star, won awards for her acting, ewwwww.

meh, meh, and meh.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:24 am 
Supersonic

What on earth about the way Nolan has run this series so far would make anyone think that Catwoman OR Angelina might be in its future?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:36 am 
AnalLog

Yeah, I can't see Catwoman ever happening. It's just corny. The Riddler could work very well with the story they've set up and there's tons of great people that could be cast, so I think that's much more likely.

Always do the right thing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:42 am 
Supersonic

I don't necessarily think that Catwoman, or even Robin, are corny. I just don't see ANYthing that makes me think they would fit into Nolan's vision of the dark knight.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:51 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Contributor Moriarity over on AICN will I guess be doing an ongoing column called "Buzzkill" where he quashes down internet rumors of projects, and this is from the inaugural post today :mrgreen:

Quote:
You know, a good 2/3 of all stupid Internet movie rumors that gain any traction whatsoever could be stopped cold in their tracks if people would just think. I know it's Hollywood, but logic does still apply.

I’m not going to promise BUZZKILL as a regular column, but when the situation presents itself, maybe we should trot this one out from time to time.

First, let’s talk about BATMAN 3.

Or better yet, let’s not. For about a year. Since that’s the earliest you’ll hear anything that could remotely be called news about characters or casting or the script or anything. A year from now. Not next week. Not next month. It will be a while.

Christopher Nolan’s next film will not be about Batman. I think you can pretty much count on that. And until Christopher Nolan officially says, “I’m not making another Batman film,” no one else is going to. He is absolutely, 100% going to be given first refusal on the next film, and right now, that’s it. That’s all the news there is.

I repeat... so we’re clear... Christopher Nolan has not decided what to do next. And he is not signed to make another Batman film yet.

So that means no script. No story. No anything. No creative choices have been made about what to do with the next film. Right now, Warner Bros. is busy making party hats out of $1000 bills, counting all the silly, silly, silly DARK KNIGHT money they’re making, and that’s it.

When someone tells you Johnny Depp is “signed” to play The Riddler, feel free to laugh in their face.

When someone tells you Philip Seymour Hoffman is “signed” to play The Penguin, ask them if it’s just as true this time as it was when it was a DARK KNIGHT rumor two years ago. Then laugh in their face.

When someone tells you anything about Catwoman or recasting The Joker or Clayface or Man-Bat or Killer Croc or ANYTHING... just brush it off.

Because it’s not true. It’s just not. No matter how much you want it to be. No matter how many times it gets reprinted for no reason. No matter how many photoshopped “costume tests” start floating around.

It’s just not happening. Yet.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:26 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

IF they decide to bring back the joker who would/could play him as good as Ledger?

Crispin Glover?
Sam Rockwell?
Who?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:08 am 
Stone's Bitch

EbolaMonkey wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
Eh. The whole "Batman takes in a 10 year old orphan to train" seems like a stupid fucking idea. Too hokey to fit in the universe Nolan and company have created.

Read Dark Victory and it'll make sense. I'm not a Robin supporter, but it can work.

almost what I was going to post, though I DO support Robin if he´s well written...this character is probably the one who suffered the most because of the 1966 series...but he´s one hell of an interesting character...read DV

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3079 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 154  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment