Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: TV: Louie on FX
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:23 pm 
Unthought Known
 YIM  Profile

inglishteecher wrote:
i love louie and i'm going to see his new stand up tour this fall, but i don't love this show. i laugh hard one time per episode, sure, but on the whole, it's too depressing to be funny. as anecdotes, this stuff is hilarious, but actually seeing it play out just makes me sad for him.

last week did have the funniest line yet though: come in. be a neighbor. unless you're too busy wearing those shorts.

I love it because it's so real....thats real life, mostly depressing and sad. I liked "which dog is that?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:41 pm 
Got Some

jimmac24 wrote:
inglishteecher wrote:
i love louie and i'm going to see his new stand up tour this fall, but i don't love this show. i laugh hard one time per episode, sure, but on the whole, it's too depressing to be funny. as anecdotes, this stuff is hilarious, but actually seeing it play out just makes me sad for him.

last week did have the funniest line yet though: come in. be a neighbor. unless you're too busy wearing those shorts.

I love it because it's so real....thats real life, mostly depressing and sad. I liked "which dog is that?"

i believe this is exactly what his life is like. that's the problem. maybe if i were divorced and only saw my kids periodically, i'd find a sort of solace in a show like this. but because i have kids and don't miss anything, i know what he's missing, and then i end up depressed for him, which makes watching the show not so much fun.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:00 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

I don't know if it was in the article I posted before or in some other article I read, but the writer referred to this show as "surreal autobiography." Looking at it like that might help. I agree that him moping down the street after he dropped off his daughters was one of the most depressing things I've ever seen on TV, but that just made the laughs even better when they started up again. I can't get enough of this show.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:36 pm 
Got Some

inglishteecher wrote:
jimmac24 wrote:
inglishteecher wrote:

I love it because it's so real,.thats real life, mostly depressing and sad. I liked "which dog is that?"

i believe this is exactly what his life is like. that's the problem. maybe if i were divorced and only saw my kids periodically, i'd find a sort of solace in a show like this. but because i have kids and don't miss anything, i know what he's missing, and then i end up depressed for him, which makes watching the show not so much fun.

Wait I thought his kids did live with him? Or maybe I'm just retarded.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:44 pm 
Unthought Known
 YIM  Profile

pjam81373 wrote:
inglishteecher wrote:
jimmac24 wrote:
inglishteecher wrote:

I love it because it's so real,.thats real life, mostly depressing and sad. I liked "which dog is that?"

Seems like him and his ex alternate weeks with the kids living with them.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:27 pm 
Got Some

jimmac24 wrote:
pjam81373 wrote:
inglishteecher wrote:
jimmac24 wrote:
inglishteecher wrote:

Seems like him and his ex alternate weeks with the kids living with them.

not separating the man from the character, there is no way his kids live with him much. he has been doing an original hour of stand up every year for the last 4 years, and he tours relentlessly, recently crossing the pond even.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:45 pm 
Force of Nature

:thumbsup:

New episode tonight.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:27 am 
AnalLog

Watching this for the first time and it's fucking destroying me it's so awful and funny. The chick flying off in the helicopter...jesus christ. :lol:

Always do the right thing.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:22 pm 
Force of Nature

This man just never lets me down. Last nights premier was fucking hilarious!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:06 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

good first ep. I recognized some of the stuff in the show as being from his Word tour, which I saw in Albany last fall. Maybe that means that it won't turn into a special, but will be funneled into this show, which is fine with me. Great stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:03 pm 
Got Some

This show is brilliant. I can't be the only one here watching it, right?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:13 pm 
Winner: 2007+2009 Other Bands Cover Contest

Louie is the only show that my wife and I don't fast forward during the opening theme song. I did once and I thought she was gonna kill me. She laughs at it every time. It's that dumb look on his face right before he walks down the stairs to the comedy club. She loses it. You'd think after the first 20 times it'd get old.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:59 am 
AnalLog

lord vedder wrote:
This show is brilliant. I can't be the only one here watching it, right?

First season is some of the best TV I have ever seen of any genre. Genuinely powerful scenes in some episodes, like when he follows the kid home. Love it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:12 am 
Stone's Bitch

My favorite show on TV right now. Still laughing at the Tom Sawyer vs. Huck Finn bit weeks later.

"The real truth about it is: no one gets it right / The real truth about it is: we’re all supposed to try"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:32 pm 
Got Some

Yeay! New season starts tonight. Really looking forward to it; thought it was one of the stronger shows from last year. Supposedly tonight's isn't as good as the ones following in the next few weeks but I'm still happy it's back.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:47 pm 
Force of Nature

Funny show last night! If the next few weeks are supposed to be better I think were gona have a pretty awesome season here.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:10 am 
Got Some

the old lady at the hospital: what about obama? :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:46 pm 
Supersonic

Watched the first four episodes of season one on Netflix Instant last night.

:shock:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:02 pm 
AnalLog

The two Duckling episodes are incredible.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:00 pm 
Force of Nature

Louie has a tour scheduled now btw. Highly recommend checking him out live if you haven't already. Got my tickets last week!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment