Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Movie: X-Men: First Class (06/03/11)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:23 am 
Unthought Known

Plot: Before Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Before they were archenemies, they were closest of friends, working together, with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known. In the process, a rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto's Brotherhood and Professor X's X-MEN.

January Jones Rounds Out 'X-Men Origins' Cast

January Jones is the final addition to the starry cast of the upcoming film X-Men Origins: First Class, according to Variety!

The 32-year-old Mad Men actress will play the telepathic Emma Frost, alongside other new additions to the cast, Jason Flemyng (Kick-Ass), who will play Azazel, the father of Nightcrawler, Bill Milner (Son of Rambow), who will play Magneto as a young boy, and Morgan Lily (2012), who will play a young Raven. Zoe Kravitz has also landed a role in the film.

Already set to star in the film are Kevin Bacon, Rose Byrne, Edi Gathegi, Nicholas Hoult, Caleb Landry Jones, Jennifer Lawrence, Oliver Platt, and Lucas Till.

Quote:
For a vegetarian, Rents, you're a fuckin' EVIL shot!

Last edited by p911gt10c on Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Movie: X-Men Origins: First Class (2011)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:52 pm 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

Meh.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:38 pm 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

Ensign9 wrote:
Meh.

KEVIN BACON

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:29 am 
Supersonic

bitch was lookin good in american wedding

dvds -> http://db.etree.org/lukinman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:42 pm 
Got Some

besides kevin bacon. I have no idea who those people are... This could either go really well or really not well at all.

wait james mcavoy as prof x??? I really don't see that. iv seen the dude in person, he would look weird bald.

they have banshee in this movie... he was one of my favorite characters. I hope they don't screw him up.
a girl playing angel :|
oh well fuck continuity http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2368789/

http://www.jason-stallings.com

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:01 pm 
In a van down by the river

Junco Partner wrote:
besides kevin bacon. I have no idea who those people are... This could either go really well or really not well at all.

wait james mcavoy as prof x??? I really don't see that. iv seen the dude in person, he would look weird bald.

they have banshee in this movie... he was one of my favorite characters. I hope they don't screw him up.

you must not be up on your grant morrisons xmen. there is a character whos name is angel, whether this is her first or last name i never seen mentioned (though for some reason i believe it is her first name). basically wolverine locates her after her stepfather abuses her and then he freaks out when her mutant abilities manifest. she takes on the characteristics of a fly. wings, throws up on her food first before she eats etc..

as far as how this movie is going to pan out, it will be good, but nowhere near as good as it could be if it wasnt with FOX studios, who tend to look at $$$ instead of saying, if we stick to the source material we could get $$$ and a good story.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:02 pm 
Force of Nature

Junco Partner wrote:

It's not the same Angel that you're thinking of. It's another female mutant from the comics.

And this article got the title of the movie wrong. It's supposed to be just "X-Men: First Class".

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:21 pm 
Got Some

I see. I have not been up on x-men much since the mid-90's... i'v read little snippets about the series, but I guess it seems like they just kinda fuck with the continuity of the story, and almost immediately take it back like nothing ever happened. Can you recommend any grant morrison books?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:53 pm 
Force of Nature

Junco Partner wrote:
I see. I have not been up on x-men much since the mid-90's... i'v read little snippets about the series, but I guess it seems like they just kinda fuck with the continuity of the story, and almost immediately take it back like nothing ever happened. Can you recommend any grant morrison books?

Not really, I don't read them any more either. :lol:

I actually read about it at another forum.

Post subject: Re: Movie: X-Men: First Class (2011)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:28 pm 
Supersonic

meh, meh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:04 pm 

Junco Partner wrote:

honestly, if youre a grant morrison fan, youll like any of the TPB released, riot at xaviers been well loved

im not a huge fan of his and found his run as meh....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:16 am 
Got Some

If this is "First Class," it should be Warren Worthington III as Angel. Not some secondary Grant Morrison creation that no one knows about.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:01 pm 
Supersonic

January Jones ruins everything she's in for me, because all I went to high school with her and all I can remember is how fucking stupid she was. Looking back, I'd put a twenty down that she had an IEP.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:16 pm 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

Ensign9 wrote:
meh

I forgot Matthew Vaughn is directing this. I'm leaning toward retracting my "meh."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:58 am 
Got Some

I went to Savannah where I used to live a few days ago. since it's a small town, some friends of mine told me the producer was looking at the city for spot locations. I honestly don't see how that city would work for it, but hey they used it for parts of swamp thing, so who knows...
I picture prof. X and magneto sittin' on the porch drinking mint juleps and commiserating about the old days and their extreme displeasure about this unpleasant mutant war business. :P

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:42 pm 
Got Some

Junco Partner wrote:
I went to Savannah where I used to live a few days ago. since it's a small town, some friends of mine told me the producer was looking at the city for spot locations. I honestly don't see how that city would work for it, but hey they used it for parts of swamp thing, so who knows...
I picture prof. X and magneto sittin' on the porch drinking mint juleps and commiserating about the old days and their extreme displeasure about this unpleasant mutant war business. :P

With Fox, you never know.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:17 pm 
Unthought Known

'X-Men: First Class' Cast Gets a Little More Cluttered

Even with Professor X, Magneto, Emma Frost, Sebastian Shaw, Moira MacTaggert, Beast, Mystique, Angel, Havok, Banshee, Darwin, Azazel, and someone called "Man in Black" all playing some part in X-Men: First Class, that still wasn't quite enough characters, so director Matthew Vaughn has also added Alex Gonzalez to the cast in the just-announced role of Riptide. In the comics, Riptide was a member of the evil Marauders, capable of spinning at extreme speeds and generating these bone ninja stars that he'd throw at people using the force from all that aforementioned spinning around. Who knows what part he'll play in this re-imagined universe, but I bet no one is going to buy this guy's action figure, even though the torso jerks around when you squeeze his legs together.

also
Mystique in 'X-Men: First Class', This Is Her

With established X-Men movie canon dictating that the woman beneath the Mystique makeup must be a superhot blond, director Matthew Vaughn has cast Jennifer Lawrence as the blue shapeshifter in his upcoming X-Men: First Class. The actress has recently been winning some acclaim for carrying the indie feature Winter's Bone

and

This Pale Kid is Playing Banshee in 'X-Men', Another Kid Playing Beast

It's a regular X-Men: First Class casting feast for you, today. Following news Aaron Johnson(KickAss) has been cast as Cyclops, Variety reports Caleb Landry Jones(above) has been cast as Banshee and Nicholas Hoult will play Beast in the Matthew Vaughn-directed film. X-Men fans will recall the mutant superhero Banshee possesses the power to scream a concussive sonic blast, which he could use to say things in a ridiculously-written Irish accent. Beast, depending on what era you're referencing in your nerd guide, is a blue, hairy, cat-like man; a blue, hairy Wolverine-haired guy; just a sort-of-hairy stocky dude; or Kelsey Grammer. Jones, Hoult, and Johnson will be joining Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, and Alice Eve from She's Out of My League, which leads me to believe the set is going to be a lot like a college sci-fi club, with a bunch of guys desperately competing over the one girl willing to put on a goofy costume.

Quote:
For a vegetarian, Rents, you're a fuckin' EVIL shot!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:54 pm 

they can not use riptide in any way shape or form that doesnt involve the maruaders and sinister without losing the support of the comic geek fanbase

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:55 pm 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

Peeps wrote:
they can not use riptide in any way shape or form that doesnt involve the maruaders and sinister without losing the support of the comic geek fanbase

good thing people making these movies dont care about them

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:21 am 
Poney Girl

Mecca wrote:
Peeps wrote:

good thing people making these movies dont care about them

The comic book movies that go after the comic geek fanbase, don't do well in mainstream (i.e. Kick-Ass, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment