Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Superman [2012]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:52 am 
Unthought Known

I think she's a better choice than Kate Bosworth at least.

"Remember back the early days when you were young and thus amazed."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:57 pm 
Winner: 2007+2009 Other Bands Cover Contest

I have to imagine Rachael McAdams passed or wasn't available since she was obviously born to play the roll. Amy Adams seems like a poor choice for Lois and as a match for the guy they choose for Superman. You don't want Superman to be younger looking and prettier than Lois.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:35 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

a ginger lois lane. see my previous comments.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:54 pm 
AnalLog

They have these things called "dye" and "wigs" you guys. Amy Adams is a very good actress, so that's good news.

Always do the right thing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:07 pm 
Unthought Known

Sometimes women change their hair color and style for certain parts and they don't look as good (and obviously sometimes they do look really good), so while I don't doubt Amy Adam's ability to act, its kind of hard to imagine her as a brunette.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:20 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Orpheus wrote:
They have these things called "dye" and "wigs" you guys. Amy Adams is a very good actress, so that's good news.

a ginger is a ginger no matter how they try to hide it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:20 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 WWW  Profile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:17 pm 

She's def cute, a good actress and they can dye her hair. I'm sure she could be a good Lois but she doesn't seem a good match for the guy they got to play Supes. She would look good next to a 40ish Superman I think. Not that she looks old just next to a pretty boy Superman she might look off but what do I know?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:12 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Christ, nerd alert. Apparently everyone is okay with different artists drawing characters differently throughout the years, but cast a redhead as a brunette and the fanboys revolt. You should feel fortunate that they actually cast a good actress in a role that will inevitably be fumbled by Zack Snyder.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm 
Menace to Dogciety

theplatypus wrote:
Human Bass wrote:
Superman is way too pompous and over powered.

For example, Superman is supposed to be extremely intelligent, but since he can outmuscle everything, we never have a chance to perceive him being smart.

You're right, it's obvious that nobody could ever come up with 80 years' worth of stories for a character this weak.

His comics always bored me to death, I much prefer Batman. :wink:

I have the impression that, the more powerful the hero is, there is a higher chance of the plot being lame and involving some stupid another dimension, aliens and/or god-like random villain. This just ends up with Peeps trying to justify the stupid sci-fi plot twists.

Although spider man isn't almighty and we had to endure the clones saga.

I admit I have a total love or hate relation with comics. Sometimes I wish we westerners could be more like the japanese, putting and end to character and story and moving on with fresh ideas instead milking the same character for 80 years.

I'm just a painful reminder
Another day you leave behind

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:16 pm 
Spacegirl

badabing wrote:
I have to imagine Rachael McAdams passed or wasn't available since she was obviously born to play the roll. Amy Adams seems like a poor choice for Lois and as a match for the guy they choose for Superman. You don't want Superman to be younger looking and prettier than Lois.

christopher reeve was prettier than margot kidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:18 pm 

Spike wrote:
badabing wrote:

christopher reeve was prettier than margot kidder

true

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:20 pm 
Unthought Known

diaglo wrote:
Christ, nerd alert.

:lol:

I enjoyed that.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:18 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

I think Rachel McAdams would've been a very good choice, but I see Amy Adams being probably just as much so. She's a more than capable actress, certainly plays older on screen than that trainwreck of Kate Bosworth did (was she banging the Exec Prod or what??), is very attractive, and otherwise if people are then going to crow about her natural hair color, good grief.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:39 am 
Unthought Known

'Man of Steel' Gets A Nemesis
Character actor Michael Shannon to play General Zod.

By Daniel Frankel
TheWrap

BURBANK, CA, April 10, 2011
Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures announced today that Michael Shannon will star in the role of General Zod in director Zack Snyder's new Superman film, titled, "Man of Steel."

Snyder stated, "Zod is not only one of Superman's most formidable enemies, but one of the most significant because he has insights into Superman that others don't. Michael is a powerful actor who can project both the intelligence and the malice of the character, making him perfect for the role."

As General Zod, Shannon will go toe-to-toe with Henry Cavill, who plays the new Clark Kent/Superman in the film. The main cast also includes Amy Adams as Lois Lane, and Diane Lane and Kevin Costner as Martha and Jonathan Kent.

Michael Shannon was honored with an Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actor for his role in Sam Mendes' "Revolutionary Road," with Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet. Shannon was most recently seen in the award-winning HBO drama series "Boardwalk Empire," from executive producer Martin Scorsese. He will next be seen in Sony Pictures Classics' "Take Shelter," from director/writer Jeff Nichols.

Charles Roven, Emma Thomas, Christopher Nolan and Deborah Snyder are the producers of the film. The screenplay is being written by David S. Goyer based on a story by Goyer and Nolan. Thomas Tull and Lloyd Phillips are serving as executive producers.

"Man of Steel" will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:57 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 WWW  Profile

Shannon is so fucking creepy in Boardwalk Empire. This thing seems to have some pretty decent casting so far.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:54 pm 
Supersonic

EbolaMonkey wrote:

That movie was disappointing. Also, the whole thing with the school recommending medication and then basically kicking the kid out with no reassignment of any kind was lazy writing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:19 pm 
Supersonic

Possible New Details on MAN OF STEEL from aintitcool.com. Contains possible spoilers. The article is in the spoiler code below:

Spoiler: show
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/49281

New Details On Synder's SUPERMAN!?!? Krypton Origin Story, A She-Villain, And More!!

Published on: Apr 14, 2011 12:04:26 PM CDT

SPOILER ALERT !!

Merrick here...

A few days ago the folks over at Latino Review posted some insight into Zack Snyder's new SUPERMAN movie. I've had struggling/limited Net connectivity over the past few weeks, so I wasn't able to actually see this material until this morning...and noticed the details presented in LR's piece seem to have been overlooked by many other outlets. So, I thought this might still be of interest.

Latino Review says this batch of scoopage comes from a time tested and reliable source who has proven his/her veracity in the past. With this in mind, LR says...

Being that the "Man of Steel" is a reboot/origin story or whatever you want to call it, they will show you the whole story all over again. Well not the way Richard Donner showed you but it will have some sort of similarities to "Batman Begins."

[EDIT]

* You will see JOR-EL and his wife, Lara.
* Daniel Day-Lewis was looked at for JOR-EL and not the villain.
* Krypton will not be a crystal planet like the Donner film; this Krypton will PROBABLY look like the Coruscant skyline from Star Wars. (See image below)
* The Kryptonian villainess is not URSA...Well sort of. The villainess is FAORA

All of this, and more (including a refresher course on that Faora villainess) can be found HERE.

Presuming all of this is/remains accurate...and it does seem to correlate with Diane Lane's recent comments that Snyder's SUPES "...does cover the entire range of years, from infancy on"...

I do wholly understand the knee-jerk compulsion to reintroduce the mythos all over again, and "re-start" SUPERMAN in an effort to distance this new picture from what has come before. This said, I stand firm by my assessment that an overwhelming majority of folks who would see a new SUPERMAN movie would already be aware enough of...or tuned-in enough to...the origin and mythos driving the concept and feel the world is more than ready for a SUPERMAN film that...just starts. With its characters in place, with the only new introductions being whatever roles are new and specific to that film. And build from there. 'Twould save so much time and distraction.

Hopefully SUCKER PUNCH isn't a good indicator of how SUPERMAN will shake-out...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:38 pm 
Force of Nature

I'm really disappointed that Will Smith wasn't cast as Superman.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:58 pm 
too drunk to moderate properly
 WWW  Profile

Rocky Estoppel wrote:
I'm really disappointed that Will Smith wasn't cast as Superman.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment