Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 338 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (aka Spidey 4) July 3, 2012
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:35 pm
Posts: 4407
Location: Philadelphia/Los Angeles
Gender: Male
Directed by Marc Webb ((500) Days Of Summer), written by James Vanderbilt (Basic, Zodiac, The Losers). Supposed to be starting shooting the end of this year/start of next year. Aiming for summer 2012 release.


And we've now got the 3 main cast members.


Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker/Spiderman

Image



Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy

Image


Rhys Ifans as big baddie Dr. Curt Connors/The Lizard

Image



Probably safe to say it won't be Venom. Now, from what I originally remember reading several months ago, the studio tried to pass off the story that even if Spiderman 3 had been a huge success, this was always the route they'd planned on taking, totally rebooting the franchise with a whole new team. I don't buy that for a second. I think they realized far too many fans felt S3 was mostly a piece of shit (myself included), and let's go ahead and hitch their wagon to some other rising young stars quick.

_________________
Be sound.


Last edited by Samwise on Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: SPIDERMAN Reboot (aka Spidey 4) Summer 2012
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:12 am
Posts: 4369
Location: That Night In Toronto
Samwise wrote:



Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy

Image

:luv:

_________________
Your imagination's havin' puppies
it could be a video for the new recruits


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: SPIDERMAN Reboot (aka Spidey 4) Summer 2012
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:25 am 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:29 am
Posts: 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA
hmmm Probably a good business idea but it seems kind of soon for a reboot.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: SPIDERMAN Reboot (aka Spidey 4) Summer 2012
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Snowboy
 Profile

Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:53 pm
Posts: 11395
'Guys the films are getting terrible.. let's start the series again.'

Rhys Ifans is brilliant though, he might make the film watchable.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: SPIDERMAN Reboot (aka Spidey 4) Summer 2012
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:55 pm
Posts: 11320
Location: Brooklyn
Gender: Male
Harmless wrote:
'Guys the films are getting terrible.. let's start the series again.'

Rhys Ifans is brilliant though, he might make the film watchable.

Andrew Garfield aint no slouch either.

_________________
Anita Brookner wrote:
Great writers are the saints for the godless.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: SPIDERMAN Reboot (aka Spidey 4) Summer 2012
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Snowboy
 Profile

Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:53 pm
Posts: 11395
durdencommatyler wrote:
Harmless wrote:
'Guys the films are getting terrible.. let's start the series again.'

Rhys Ifans is brilliant though, he might make the film watchable.

Andrew Garfield aint no slouch either.


I dunno who he is...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: SPIDERMAN Reboot (aka Spidey 4) Summer 2012
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:55 pm
Posts: 11320
Location: Brooklyn
Gender: Male
Harmless wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Harmless wrote:
'Guys the films are getting terrible.. let's start the series again.'

Rhys Ifans is brilliant though, he might make the film watchable.

Andrew Garfield aint no slouch either.


I dunno who he is...

I've actually ony seen him in Never Let me Go. In which, he's completely brilliant. But he's gotten pretty strong reviews for his work in The Social Network as well as Boy A.

He's an up and coming young actor, with huge potential.

_________________
Anita Brookner wrote:
Great writers are the saints for the godless.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: SPIDERMAN Reboot (aka Spidey 4) Summer 2012
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Snowboy
 Profile

Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:53 pm
Posts: 11395
durdencommatyler wrote:
Harmless wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Harmless wrote:
'Guys the films are getting terrible.. let's start the series again.'

Rhys Ifans is brilliant though, he might make the film watchable.

Andrew Garfield aint no slouch either.


I dunno who he is...

I've actually ony seen him in Never Let me Go. In which, he's completely brilliant. But he's gotten pretty strong reviews for his work in The Social Network as well as Boy A.

He's an up and coming young actor, with huge potential.


I haven't seen any of those yet, I'll check em out.. Also, maybe I'll read Boy A before I see it?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: SPIDERMAN Reboot (aka Spidey 4) Summer 2012
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Force of Nature
 Profile

Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:20 am
Posts: 762
Samwise wrote:
Probably safe to say it won't be Venom. Now, from what I originally remember reading several months ago, the studio tried to pass off the story that even if Spiderman 3 had been a huge success, this was always the route they'd planned on taking, totally rebooting the franchise with a whole new team. I don't buy that for a second. I think they realized far too many fans felt S3 was mostly a piece of shit (myself included), and let's go ahead and hitch their wagon to some other rising young stars quick.


Actually, Spider-Man 4 was being developed with Sam Raimi until Raimi walked off the project after feeling that Sony was trying to rush it out. It wasn't until then that the reboot was announced.

_________________
I want for to lay down. Nothing for to say.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: SPIDERMAN Reboot (aka Spidey 4) Summer 2012
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:01 pm
Posts: 14261
tryin to figure out what villan he would work out best as.. curious how they gonna pull this off.. cuz i mean, if they continue things how are they gonna work out gwen stacy they need the goblin, whos dead.. i guess they gonna reboot from scratch, in which we better not have to endure the orgin again, we all know how that goes by now

_________________
bitches I like em brainless
guns I like em stainless steel
I want the fuckin fortune like the wheel


dvds -> http://db.etree.org/lukinman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: SPIDERMAN Reboot (aka Spidey 4) Summer 2012
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:35 pm
Posts: 4407
Location: Philadelphia/Los Angeles
Gender: Male
Harmless wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Harmless wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Harmless wrote:
'Guys the films are getting terrible.. let's start the series again.'

Rhys Ifans is brilliant though, he might make the film watchable.

Andrew Garfield aint no slouch either.


I dunno who he is...

I've actually ony seen him in Never Let me Go. In which, he's completely brilliant. But he's gotten pretty strong reviews for his work in The Social Network as well as Boy A.

He's an up and coming young actor, with huge potential.


I haven't seen any of those yet, I'll check em out.. Also, maybe I'll read Boy A before I see it?



And the first time I saw him, I wasn't even aware of him at all yet. Earlier this year I'd gotten into the Doctor Who revival so I watched each season over the course of a couple months, and he's in season 3 I believe it was, a 2-parter centering around one of the usual DW villains the Daleks set in 1920's New York, and Garfield had a supporting role as basically one of the inhabitants of Shantyville.

_________________
Be sound.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: SPIDERMAN Reboot (aka Spidey 4) Summer 2012
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:55 pm
Posts: 11320
Location: Brooklyn
Gender: Male
i got bugs wrote:
tryin to figure out what villan he would work out best as.. curious how they gonna pull this off.. cuz i mean, if they continue things how are they gonna work out gwen stacy they need the goblin, whos dead.. i guess they gonna reboot from scratch, in which we better not have to endure the orgin again, we all know how that goes by now

Yeah, I'm thinking it's full on reboot. Much like Batman Begins. I'm sure some elements of the origin will have to be present.

My best guess at the villain is The Lizard. Based only on quotes about why they chose to cast Rhys.

_________________
Anita Brookner wrote:
Great writers are the saints for the godless.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: SPIDERMAN Reboot (aka Spidey 4) Summer 2012
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:20 am 
Offline
User avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:35 pm
Posts: 4407
Location: Philadelphia/Los Angeles
Gender: Male
as yet unnamed villain, no more! Rhys Ifans will be Dr. Curt Connors aka The Lizard

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column-po ... zard-21693

_________________
Be sound.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: SPIDERMAN Reboot (aka Spidey 4) Summer 2012
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:22 am 
Offline
User avatar
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:51 am
Posts: 43609
Location: My city smells like Cheerios
Gender: Male
yeah, hes older than the kids, so Doc Connors makes sense

_________________
"No matter how hard you kill Jesus, he would always just come back and hit you twice as hard."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: SPIDERMAN Reboot (aka Spidey 4) Summer 2012
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:12 am 
Offline
User avatar
In a van down by the river
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:15 am
Posts: 33031
i wish i had bookmarked the first script i read for spiderman (the origin story) because the villan set up was pretty bad ass.

from what i can recall it was going to be kingpin and electro

_________________
maybe we can hum along...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: SPIDERMAN Reboot (aka Spidey 4) Summer 2012
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:38 am 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:19 am
Posts: 6221
Location: Tasmania / Australia
Gender: Male
Thanks for the update, my son is obsessed with Spiderman.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: SPIDERMAN Reboot (aka Spidey 4) Summer 2012
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:55 am 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:33 am
Posts: 35357
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Gender: Male
EbolaMonkey wrote:
Samwise wrote:



Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy

Image

:luv:

_________________
Winner, RM all-time NBA tourney. :D

Winner, 2008 US Pearl Jam fantasy league. :D

Everton FC: 3-1-5
Anaheim Webbed D's: 5-6-2
USC Football: 7-2
Denver Broncos: 3-5


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: SPIDERMAN Reboot (aka Spidey 4) Summer 2012
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Founding Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:09 pm
Posts: 13868
Location: Norn Iron
Samwise wrote:
Harmless wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Harmless wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Harmless wrote:
'Guys the films are getting terrible.. let's start the series again.'

Rhys Ifans is brilliant though, he might make the film watchable.

Andrew Garfield aint no slouch either.


I dunno who he is...

I've actually ony seen him in Never Let me Go. In which, he's completely brilliant. But he's gotten pretty strong reviews for his work in The Social Network as well as Boy A.

He's an up and coming young actor, with huge potential.


I haven't seen any of those yet, I'll check em out.. Also, maybe I'll read Boy A before I see it?



And the first time I saw him, I wasn't even aware of him at all yet. Earlier this year I'd gotten into the Doctor Who revival so I watched each season over the course of a couple months, and he's in season 3 I believe it was, a 2-parter centering around one of the usual DW villains the Daleks set in 1920's New York, and Garfield had a supporting role as basically one of the inhabitants of Shantyville.


God, that Dalek story was terrible.

_________________
Wilderness 1:49-2:04. Diamond Dust.

Window Washer's Dream - Planet Sonata's Intension


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: SPIDERMAN Reboot (aka Spidey 4) Summer 2012
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:01 pm
Posts: 14261
if the lizard is the main villain this is gonna suck 10x worse than spiderman 3

_________________
bitches I like em brainless
guns I like em stainless steel
I want the fuckin fortune like the wheel


dvds -> http://db.etree.org/lukinman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: SPIDERMAN Reboot (aka Spidey 4) Summer 2012
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:01 pm
Posts: 14261
what they should do is some dead osbournes/hobgoblin/mob story line.. make it dark like the new batmans..

but no some queer cgi lizard will be runnin around the sewers for 2 1/2 hours, great

_________________
bitches I like em brainless
guns I like em stainless steel
I want the fuckin fortune like the wheel


dvds -> http://db.etree.org/lukinman


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 338 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:46 am