Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment

Post subject: Re: Star Trek XII: Into Darkness (2013)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:19 pm 
Supersonic

VinylGuy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I originally thought the 2009 Star Wars reboot was a run away homerun hit. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone. However, thanks to the internet, I've discovered it's actually a really divisive film. So, if you don't typically like Star Trek, or sci-fi, or genre fiction, maybe keep away from it.

As a huge, life-long, Star Trek fan, I can say I thought the first one was a blast. I loved it. And it gets better every time I see it. It's flawed, sure (plot holes, etc) but it's so well done, well acted, well directed and well conceived that the flaws become an afterthought at best. You almost have to hunt around for things to dislike (again, just my opinion).

im a huge sci- fi fan...and i did like the old movies, saw most of them and some of the movies the next generation did too.
But i dont know why exactly, i have never been a full time star trek fan.

Are you a JJ Abrams fan, in general?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:47 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

durdencommatyler wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I originally thought the 2009 Star Wars reboot was a run away homerun hit. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone. However, thanks to the internet, I've discovered it's actually a really divisive film. So, if you don't typically like Star Trek, or sci-fi, or genre fiction, maybe keep away from it.

As a huge, life-long, Star Trek fan, I can say I thought the first one was a blast. I loved it. And it gets better every time I see it. It's flawed, sure (plot holes, etc) but it's so well done, well acted, well directed and well conceived that the flaws become an afterthought at best. You almost have to hunt around for things to dislike (again, just my opinion).

im a huge sci- fi fan...and i did like the old movies, saw most of them and some of the movies the next generation did too.

yeah i am...i think its the only movie from him i still didnt see...but hey, its my chance so i can go see this sequel.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:21 pm 
Supersonic

VinylGuy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

yeah i am...i think its the only movie from him i still didnt see...but hey, its my chance so i can go see this sequel.

:thumbsup:

Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment