Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 934 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: TV: Arrested Development
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:41 am 
Offline
User avatar
a joke
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:08 am
Posts: 22978
Gender: Male
given2trade wrote:
Skitch Patterson wrote:
given2trade wrote:
nevermind, i see the news now. that's pretty dumb on their part.

i'll be signing up and watching them all at once or over a month and then canceling.

or stealing the whole series.



I have a feeling they are going to have commercial breaks pretty regular.


really? is that how they do their original series? that would make sense if they are releasing them all upfront. seems like a horrible business decision to me.

id have commercials AND release them once a week.


meh


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Arrested Development
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 12393
given2trade wrote:
id have commercials AND release them once a week.


Which is why your efforts at creating streaming media product have been so utterly shambolic. :shake:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Arrested Development
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
alot of $$$
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:01 pm
Posts: 25809
Location: FTW!
Gender: Male
McParadigm wrote:
given2trade wrote:
id have commercials AND release them once a week.


Which is why your efforts at creating streaming media product have been so utterly shambolic. :shake:


:o

_________________
CrowdSurge and Ten Club will conduct further investigation into this matter.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Arrested Development
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Red Mosquito, my libido
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:02 am
Posts: 91597
Location: Sector 7-G
theplatypus wrote:
Scrub12 wrote:
I Hail Randy Moss wrote:
Was this the first comedy without a laugh track?

I feel like it set the stage for comedies like The Office, Parks and Rec, Modern Family, 30 Rock etc.

Scrubs came before AD.

Come on, really?

Malcolm in the Middle, The Larry Sanders Show, Dream On, Pete & Pete...

God I loved Pete & Pete.

_________________
It takes a big man to make a threat on the internet.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Arrested Development
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Coast to Coast
 Profile

Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:21 am
Posts: 23078
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Gender: Male
cutuphalfdead wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
Scrub12 wrote:
I Hail Randy Moss wrote:
Was this the first comedy without a laugh track?

I feel like it set the stage for comedies like The Office, Parks and Rec, Modern Family, 30 Rock etc.

Scrubs came before AD.

Come on, really?

Malcolm in the Middle, The Larry Sanders Show, Dream On, Pete & Pete...

God I loved Pete & Pete.

Did you ever wish that your brother Steve's name was also Pete

_________________
For more insulated and ill-informed opinions, click here.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Arrested Development
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Red Mosquito, my libido
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:02 am
Posts: 91597
Location: Sector 7-G
theplatypus wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
Scrub12 wrote:
I Hail Randy Moss wrote:
Was this the first comedy without a laugh track?

I feel like it set the stage for comedies like The Office, Parks and Rec, Modern Family, 30 Rock etc.

Scrubs came before AD.

Come on, really?

Malcolm in the Middle, The Larry Sanders Show, Dream On, Pete & Pete...

God I loved Pete & Pete.

Did you ever wish that your brother Steve's name was also Pete

Absolutely not. But in college I co-hosted a radio program called The Adventures of Pat & Pete.

_________________
It takes a big man to make a threat on the internet.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Arrested Development
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 12393
You know Artie ended up playing a guy who prostitutes his wife and daughter in Carnivale. Pretty weirdo listening to the world's strongest man explain the "lunch counter" routine.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Arrested Development
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:15 pm 
Offline
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:23 am
Posts: 4187
im re watching season 3... "s.o.b.s" ...great chapter...Michael Cera nails every moment of it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Arrested Development
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:00 pm 
Offline
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:23 am
Posts: 4187
Finished the third season, the last chapter isnt one of the good ones...im curious to see what will happen with michael and his cousin...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Arrested Development
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:47 am 
Offline
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:23 am
Posts: 4187


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Arrested Development
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 12393
Was very happy to read the following about the new episodes: "I think a lot of people will miss the work that is involved, the story, the Venn diagrams that are being created, the domino effect that characters have with each other in their various episodes....You'll have to watch each episode more than once."

The rewatchability of the show was 90% of what made it incredible. I'm still picking up new jokes...and still trying to decide if they were really going to pull the trigger on the "Tobias is an albino black man" joke.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Arrested Development
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:15 am 
Offline
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:23 am
Posts: 4187
McParadigm wrote:
Was very happy to read the following about the new episodes: "I think a lot of people will miss the work that is involved, the story, the Venn diagrams that are being created, the domino effect that characters have with each other in their various episodes....You'll have to watch each episode more than once."

The rewatchability of the show was 90% of what made it incredible. I'm still picking up new jokes...and still trying to decide if they were really going to pull the trigger on the "Tobias is an albino black man" joke.


when its the new season premiering?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Arrested Development
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:25 am 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 12393
Isn't it like April?

Pretty sure it's April...

Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Arrested Development
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
a joke
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:08 am
Posts: 22978
Gender: Male
Normally i hate comment sections, but the one on here was well done.


http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood ... evelopment


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 934 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47

Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:05 am