Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 934 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 47  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:56 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Too Big a Man Too Say wrote:
jeremyvedder wrote:
I started it watching it one night, but i have never found myself to sit through a whole episode.

There are alot of jokes that are based off of past events, and you kind of have to know the characters to find it funny at times. I would defintly recommend renting the dvd.

it's now in my netflix que

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:06 pm 
Force of Nature

My favorite bit from the last episode:

Lindsey: You know, maybe if you stopped judging her, he’d trust you. Look, if you say no, you’re just going to drive him right to her.

George Michael: Hey, Dad, can you drive me to Ann’s?

Michael: Nnnn... Y-Y-Y-Y-Yes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:41 pm 
Unthought Known
 YIM  Profile

Lindsey is incredibly hot. Ashame she went for that DeGeneres dude.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:16 pm 
Johnny Guitar

jimmac24 wrote:

I was in last season, but I'm just not feeling it since she capped her teeth or whatever the hell she did to her mouth. Now she has the Shannen Doherty thing where she looks like she's wearing a pair of gag teeth from the local costume shop.

And what happened to Maeby. She was really cute last season, and now it seems like they can't afford a stylist for her on the set.

Gob: "Illusions, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money...[glances at attentive children]...or candy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:30 pm 
a joke

blackjaw wrote:
jimmac24 wrote:

I was in last season, but I'm just not feeling it since she capped her teeth or whatever the hell she did to her mouth. Now she has the Shannen Doherty thing where she looks like she's wearing a pair of gag teeth from the local costume shop.

And what happened to Maeby. She was really cute last season, and now it seems like they can't afford a stylist for her on the set.

Gob: "Illusions, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money...[glances at attentive children]...or candy.

Its actually a trick is something a whore does for money..... or cocaine.

not candy.

At least not on the full pilot- i dont know that ive ever watched the one that was aired.

And the "next week" is used as a way to end storylines (a lot of the time) without devoting full coverage of the incident as part of the show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:34 pm 
Johnny Guitar

edzeppe wrote:
blackjaw wrote:

not candy.

At least not on the full pilot- i dont know that ive ever watched the one that was aired.

You might be right. I'll check the subtitles on the DVD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:07 pm 
Stone's Bitch

edzeppe wrote:
blackjaw wrote:
jimmac24 wrote:

not candy.

And the "next week" is used as a way to end storylines (a lot of the time) without devoting full coverage of the incident as part of the show.

It's "cocaine" on the extended pilot that's on the DVD, I think, and "candy" on the one that was aired. You probably only saw the unaired one (there's a couple of extended scenes in that one, and the swears are not bleeped out).

That's one of my favorite lines from the entire series.

"I blue myself" is also waaaaay up there.

"The real truth about it is: no one gets it right / The real truth about it is: we’re all supposed to try"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:19 pm 
Unthought Known
 YIM  Profile

Simple_Torture wrote:
It's "cocaine" on the extended pilot that's on the DVD, I think, and "candy" on the one that was aired. You probably only saw the unaired one (there's a couple of extended scenes in that one, and the swears are not bleeped out).

I like "It's literally blue" When he see's someone looking at the blue man group sign.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:17 am 
Johnny Guitar

Simple_Torture wrote:
edzeppe wrote:
blackjaw wrote:
jimmac24 wrote:

not candy.

Mystery solved. ST is right; it is "cocaine" on the extended pilot and "candy" on the normal pilot.

Bart's Teacher from the Leg Up Program at Cypress Creek: "Yeah! Everyone's a winner!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:00 pm 
Unthought Known
 WWW  Profile

I know their are some Zach Braff fans here (Jim), but i thought i would share that he is guest starring in this weeks episode. Should be another good one :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:10 pm 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

easily the best show on tv. scrubs is good too but seems to have taken a turn.

in a sea of CSI clones, "reality" shows, and second-rate sitcoms, it's nice to have a show with great writing, great characters, and rewards you for paying attention. I have to watch each one at least twice to get all the jokes. still funny on the surface ("those are balls, we're turning around") but a lot better if you know the characters.

anyone catch when zuckercorn (the fonz) jumped the shark? that's the kind of joke kevin smith would use, but he'd also spell it out for you.

i keep meaning to write a strongly worded letter to fox, that they need to keep this coming back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:03 pm 
too drunk to moderate properly
 WWW  Profile

The Zack Braff guest appearance kicked ass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:41 am 
Got Some

G.O.B.: Now, you’re not going to use the time that I screwed up, right?

Phillip Litt (Zach Braff): That wasn’t part of the act? Oh, come on, man. I’d never do anything to embarrass you. Please...

Crunching.

G.O.B.: Oh... Uh, you don’t know a good bird hospital, do you?

Phillip Litt: You’re getting all this, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:20 pm 
Force of Nature

Leehro wrote:
anyone catch when zuckercorn (the fonz) jumped the shark? that's the kind of joke kevin smith would use, but he'd also spell it out for you.

No. When was that?

It's played, but I still love when Zuckercorn gives the fonz look in the mirror. I loose my shit every time.

"I prematurely shot my wad on what was supposed to be a dry run. Now I've got sort of a mess on my hands."

"You've really gotta lock that down."

This show is definately one for catchphrases.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:16 pm 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

it was a recent episode, after buster's hand was bitten off. they recovered the shark that ate the seal that ate his hand. shark was lying on the dock and zuckercorn hopped over it. very subtle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:18 am 
Johnny Guitar

thats funny i missed it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:27 am 
Unthought Known

So I finally got around to watching the most recent episode. I have to say, my favorite part was the narrator's constant bitching about the horrid job by the narrator of the scandal show. Hilarious. Best show on TV behind the Daily Show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:01 am 
Force of Nature

another survey to help save AD. i know http://www.getarrested.com is run by fox, so this may not carry as much weight, but i figured it doesnt hurt.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television ... -shows.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:11 am 
Unthought Known
 WWW  Profile

Was tonights a funny one or what?
I laughed out loud a bunch during this one :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:38 am 
Got Some

I'm excited for tonight's episode, too bad it's the season finale. Hopefully it is not the series finale.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 934 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 47  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment