Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: TV: Dexter (Season 6)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:04 am 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

I thought this season was good; Better than last season, but that isn't saying much.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:06 pm 
Force of Nature

Cpt. Murphy wrote:
Evil.little.goat wrote:
Ensign9 wrote:
Remove this entire season and insert the last 30 seconds of this episode onto last season and this show wouldn't be the colossal fuck-up it's become.

Yup, other than the ending the entire season has been pointless.

Spoiler: show
I've been waiting for some one to find out about dexter though, fucking finally.
Why is deb's therapist so pro-incest? And anyone got any ideas on whats up with the intern guy? He sent the hand to dexters house right?

Well, technically it isn't incest, but, yeah. I think that was more to add tension than anything. Plus, it'll make for a very complicated dynamic going forward, especially since she knows his secret now. A season with Deb aware of Dexter's double life could be interesting.

As for the intern...not sure what is up there. I imagine they'll conclude that arc next season, but I have no idea what the point of his character is to this point.
I've seen talk that
he could be Brian's son/Dexter's nephew.
Who knows.

Also, what was up with his slides? The box fell out, they were scattered and he no longer knew who was which, but that was never mentioned again. I felt that could have been handled a lot differently with a much more powerful result than just dropping it entirely. Unless I missed something, maybe?

Last edited by Bune on Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:07 pm 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

Bune wrote:
Cpt. Murphy wrote:
Evil.little.goat wrote:
Ensign9 wrote:
Remove this entire season and insert the last 30 seconds of this episode onto last season and this show wouldn't be the colossal fuck-up it's become.

Yup, other than the ending the entire season has been pointless.

I've been waiting for some one to find out about dexter though, fucking finally.
Why is deb's therapist so pro-incest? And anyone got any ideas on whats up with the intern guy? He sent the hand to dexters house right?

Well, technically it isn't incest, but, yeah. I think that was more to add tension than anything. Plus, it'll make for a very complicated dynamic going forward, especially since she knows his secret now. A season with Deb aware of Dexter's double life could be interesting.

As for the intern...not sure what is up there. I imagine they'll conclude that arc next season, but I have no idea what the point of his character is to this point.
I've seen talk that
he could be Brian's son/Dexter's nephew.
Who knows.

the guy is like 30 years old.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:27 pm 
Force of Nature

*shrugs*
He looks like him just enough to be plausible.

I just looked on Wikipedia and Dexter was born in 1969 so assuming that the show is taking place in 2011 he's 42. And the tech is in college so ~23, 24ish?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:42 am 
Spacegirl

Mecca wrote:
I thought this season was good; Better than last season, but that isn't saying much.

no way. last season, at least new ground was being covered with the julia stiles character having a dark passenger and what not. this season was the same old dexter goes after the big bad guy storyline, and travis marshall is no trinity.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:44 am 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

Spike wrote:
Mecca wrote:

no way. last season, at least new ground was being covered with the julia stiles character having a dark passenger and what not. this season was the same old dexter goes after the big bad guy storyline, and travis marshall is no trinity.

last season started way too slow. It wasn't until the last 5 episodes that it picked up. I was into this season from the beginning, but the Gellar reveal should have happened in the last episode; the episodes after that lost a little steam besides the cliffhanger endings.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:26 pm 
Spacegirl

Mecca wrote:
Spike wrote:
Mecca wrote:

last season started way too slow. It wasn't until the last 5 episodes that it picked up. I was into this season from the beginning, but the Gellar reveal should have happened in the last episode; the episodes after that lost a little steam besides the cliffhanger endings.

so many things were abandoned clumsily or not fully dealt with this season. the slides, dexter finding god, the one episode brian arc. looking back, it just seems too jumbled and not cohesive at all.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:38 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

There were no boobies in this season, for that alone they get atleast a 10 point deduction in my ratings.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:53 pm 
Spacegirl

stompbox wrote:
There were no boobies in this season, for that alone they get atleast a 10 point deduction in my ratings.

THIS

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:59 pm 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

stompbox wrote:

are you forgetting Dexter getting head in the science room?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:35 pm 
Leak Inspector
 WWW  Profile

i was SO waiting for the Deb x Dex scene

*re-watching Boardwalk Empire*

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:59 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Mecca wrote:
stompbox wrote:

are you forgetting Dexter getting head in the science room?

Completely forgot that.... That was in the first episode?

Okay, how about a -9 for much less memorable mamories?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:44 pm 
Unthought Known

Finished this up a few weeks ago.

Good season, but not great. Overall, it actually may be my least favorite, but having said that, I still really enjoyed it. The cliffhanger with Deb was interesting, and I'm looking forward to seeing how this is handled in Season 7.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:58 pm 
Got Some

I'm on the fence with this show. After the excellent John Lithgow season, the last 2 have been mediocre/bad. I'll give it a couple of shows for season 7.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:56 pm 
a joke

I'll keep watching because I watch Dexter. that is not in anyway an endorsement.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:16 am 
Unthought Known

Awesome. 8)

"Remember back the early days when you were young and thus amazed."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:18 pm 
Force of Nature

That shit was crazy. I was fairly sure that last scene was a dream sequence right up until the episode ended.

-I can't believe after 6 seasons of deb not figuring out shit, she figures out everything in one episode. I thought they were going to drag that out for a couple of episodes at least.
-I also can't believe that Dexter killed the first badguy he came across right after deb saw him kill someone. What happened to cautious dexter? And in an airport no less, surely there's some cameras about? And he wasn't even trying to look remorseful of killing Travis in front of deb, C'mon Dexter!
-Looks like Laguerta is going to end up on dexter's table :twisted: and what the fuck is up with intern dude, i mean really.
-Dexter has a getaway bag? where was that shit in season two?

Ok episode overall i think. I'm really interested to see where they go from now,I think they've said next season is definitely the last so i think everything's going to come to a head pretty soon. Hopefully stuff doesn't get too outlandish with deb covering for dexter.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:23 pm 
Got Some

No longer a fence sitter, that was pretty freaking good.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:58 am 
a joke

this shit is fast approaching unwatchable.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:58 am 
a joke

this shit is fast approaching unwatchable.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment