Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: TV: Dexter (Season 6)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:13 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

darth_vedder wrote:
Soma. wrote:
Watched Seasons 1-5 for the first time over the past month or so. I wanted this show to remain badass, but it drops in quality quite dramatically after season 2.

Completely disagree. Seasons 4 and 5 to me are the best. I think I'd rank 'em something like this: 4, 5, 1, 3, 2. [/quote]

Wow, 2 was my favorite I think.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:16 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Riot Actor 25 wrote:
Mecca wrote:
psychobain wrote:
terrible?

strange, i really liked it

me too

Me three.

me four. I thought the

Spoiler: show
random shooting at dinner was dumb though, was there a point to that? The whole awkwardness of the proposal was not played out well

but it was a good episode.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:18 pm 
Got Some

Riot Actor 25 wrote:
Mecca wrote:
psychobain wrote:
terrible?

me too

Me three.

me five.

some of the cast dynamics are obviously akward.. epecially when deb has some scenes around michael c hall... you can just feel this kind of 'oh god I don't really want to be here'. and that is totally understandable, but he pulls it off a lot better.
I don't really like how they keep fucking around with the angel batista, laguerta thing. yes, it was really fucking cheesy that they got married, but it just seems like sloppy writing. its like they read a bunch of fanboy forums and went, oops lets change this on the drop of a dime.

http://www.jason-stallings.com

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:54 pm 
Unthought Known

Junco Partner wrote:
Riot Actor 25 wrote:
Mecca wrote:
psychobain wrote:
terrible?

me too

Me three.

me five.

some of the cast dynamics are obviously akward.. epecially when deb has some scenes around michael c hall... you can just feel this kind of 'oh god I don't really want to be here'. and that is totally understandable, but he pulls it off a lot better.
I don't really like how they keep fucking around with the angel batista, laguerta thing. yes, it was really fucking cheesy that they got married, but it just seems like sloppy writing. its like they read a bunch of fanboy forums and went, oops lets change this on the drop of a dime.

I think Michael and Jennifer kind of repaired their relationship after splitting up. A short time after it was announced he was at one of her theater performances in New York. Who knows what happened, but I doubt it'll affect the show.

"Remember back the early days when you were young and thus amazed."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:56 am 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

liking the season so far.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:07 am 
Unthought Known

Mecca wrote:
liking the season so far.

Same.

"Remember back the early days when you were young and thus amazed."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:09 pm 
Force of Nature

Like all seasons. Of course, some are better than others. Great show....in my top 5 all time fav show list.

This one's picking up and starting to get very interesting!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:38 pm 
Former PJ Drummer
 WWW  Profile

While I don't care about the majority of the characters (Deb, La Guerta, Quinn), this season's killer has the potential to rival Trinity as far as awesomeness.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:16 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

bondcfh007 wrote:
While I don't care about the majority of the characters (Deb, La Guerta, Quinn), this season's killer has the potential to rival Trinity as far as awesomeness.

:thumbsup:

The hand going up on ebay was funny. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:58 pm 
Stone's Bitch

I don't know...this season feels incredibly forced so far.

Past seasons had a creepy feel without resorting to over-the-top theatrics. It's starting to feel more like a network crime drama with no sense of pace than a character driven show like it was in the past.

This week's episode was a perfect example.
The speed at which things happened was really unsettling, I thought. I mean, think of everything that was crammed into one episode. Travis meets someone, goes on a date, and winds up in bed with her--all of which is shown in the span of about 30 seconds. Then she ends up in some elaborate death trap at the botanical gardens (And the locust thing was cringe inducing. They've never had to rely on that sort of stupid crap to write a good show--why start now?). All the while, Harrison gets sick, and goes through surgery. They skipped an entire plot point with Quinn and Batista identifying a suspect and instead had them sitting in a car getting stoned. I mean, WTF? I still enjoy the show, but it has lost an awful lot of what made it great. They should have had the stones to pull the plug after season 4. They would have gone down as legends.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:29 pm 
Got Some

Riot Actor 25 wrote:
Junco Partner wrote:
Riot Actor 25 wrote:
Mecca wrote:
psychobain wrote:
terrible?

me too

Me three.

me five.

I think Michael and Jennifer kind of repaired their relationship after splitting up. A short time after it was announced he was at one of her theater performances in New York. Who knows what happened, but I doubt it'll affect the show.

good. wow, it's so refreshing to see two people in the movie/tv business act like civilized human adults. good for them!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:35 pm 
Got Some

Cpt. Murphy wrote:

Past seasons had a creepy feel without resorting to over-the-top theatrics. It's starting to feel more like a network crime drama with no sense of pace than a character driven show like it was in the past.

The speed at which things happened was really unsettling, I thought. I mean, think of everything that was crammed into one episode. Travis meets someone, goes on a date, and winds up in bed with her--all of which is shown in the span of about 30 seconds. Then she ends up in some elaborate death trap at the botanical gardens (And the locust thing was cringe inducing. They've never had to rely on that sort of stupid crap to write a good show--why start now?). All the while, Harrison gets sick, and goes through surgery. They skipped an entire plot point with Quinn and Batista identifying a suspect and instead had them sitting in a car getting stoned. I mean, WTF? I still enjoy the show, but it has lost an awful lot of what made it great. They should have had the stones to pull the plug after season 4. They would have gone down as legends.

it does seem a trite bit unnecessary. I think it is important to take into consideration that some characters (villain or otherwise) would be summerized because certain things don't need to be overly described in detail. that being said, you run the risk of diluting the characters to the point where things just get convoluted, shallow, and silly. like true blood.

ultimately, I think they have changed producers yet again, so that accounts for the change in the show. I am enjoying it so far. the past couple seasons took a long time to pick up steam, so the fact that they kinda get to the point a bit is nice.
the whole getting stoned thing was a bit stupid.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:34 am 
a joke

Junco Partner wrote:
Cpt. Murphy wrote:

it does seem a trite bit unnecessary. I think it is important to take into consideration that some characters (villain or otherwise) would be summerized because certain things don't need to be overly described in detail. that being said, you run the risk of diluting the characters to the point where things just get convoluted, shallow, and silly. like true blood.

ultimately, I think they have changed producers yet again, so that accounts for the change in the show. I am enjoying it so far. the past couple seasons took a long time to pick up steam, so the fact that they kinda get to the point a bit is nice.
the whole getting stoned thing was a bit stupid.

Hasn't any scene that doesn't directly involve dexter been a bit stupid? for pretty much the whole series (with the exception of trinity and MAYBE lundy)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:44 am 
Leak Inspector
 WWW  Profile

this season is getting good

i dig the black dude

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:55 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

I enjoyed this weeks show.

I really don't understand Dexter did not get info on the killer (Geller?) from the kid in the car. It seemed he was willing to tell Dexter anything, he could have atleast asked where he (Geller?) lived. It made no sense to me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:09 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

I hate when on TV shows "killers" shoot for the chest from point blank, then just leave them to bleed on the ground. Of course they're going to recover. If they wanted to kill them, shoot them in the head to finish them off.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:31 pm 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

stompbox wrote:

I really don't understand Dexter did not get info on the killer (Geller?) from the kid in the car. It seemed he was willing to tell Dexter anything, he could have atleast asked where he (Geller?) lived. It made no sense to me.

If he told Dexter where the guy was, there would be the looming threat of someone coming to get them. Dexter got verbal confirmation that Gellar was his guy and trailed Travis to know where to find him. That seems like info to me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:45 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Mecca wrote:
stompbox wrote:

If he told Dexter where the guy was, there would be the looming threat of someone coming to get them. Dexter got verbal confirmation that Gellar was his guy and trailed Travis to know where to find him. That seems like info to me.

Wow, I must have been on the computer during that part....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:52 am 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

holy shit, Rudy Cooper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:59 pm 
Temporary Secretary
 WWW  Profile

I am really loving this season.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment