Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Film: Django Unchained (Tarantino's "Southern")
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:23 am 
Offline
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:46 am
Posts: 6099
Tarantino's homage to the Western, via "Southern"

Django: Jamie Foxx
German Bounty Hunter: Christoph Waltz
Calvin Candie: Leonardo Dicaprio


"The writer/director's revenge-driven "Southern" would feature Foxx as Django, a freed American slave who teams with a German bounty hunter (Christoph Waltz) to save his wife from Calvin Candie, an evil plantation owner (to be played by Leonardo DiCaprio)."


Image

Image


Last edited by I Hail Randy Moss on Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: Django Unchained (Tarantino's "Southern")
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:26 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:28 am
Posts: 28541
Location: PORTLAND, ME
i feel like i've already seen this one.

_________________
Winner, 2011 RM 'Stache Tournament


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: Django Unchained (Tarantino's "Southern")
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:59 am 
Offline
User avatar
Former PJ Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:16 pm
Posts: 19724
Location: Montreal, QC
Gender: Male
This is gonna be awesome.

_________________
chud wrote:
Posting! Glorious Posting!

durdencommatyler wrote:
iPones, man. Fuck.


Proud member of: Team Binaural and Team Argo


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: Django Unchained (Tarantino's "Southern")
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:15 am 
Offline
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:46 am
Posts: 6099
Owl_Farmer wrote:
This is gonna be awesome.


owl_farmer, i guess you're pretty cool.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: Django Unchained (Tarantino's "Southern")
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:48 am 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:46 am
Posts: 8052
Location: Northern Virginia
Gender: Male
I had heard Idris Elba as Django just recently.

Image

Is Jamie Foxx a done deal? The racism in this thing is gonna be so over the top. Tarantino's already known for it, but an entire movie about slavery from him?

_________________
Please listen and vote in the Other Bands Cover Contest.

"Remember back the early days when you were young and thus amazed."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: Django Unchained (Tarantino's "Southern")
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:27 am 
Offline
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:46 am
Posts: 6099
Riot Actor 25 wrote:
The racism in this thing is gonna be so over the top. Tarantino's already known for it, but an entire movie about slavery from him?



fucking a right. I can't wait for a long monologue from Calvin Candie before he punishes someone.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: Django Unchained (Tarantino's "Southern")
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:50 am 
Offline
User avatar
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:46 am
Posts: 8052
Location: Northern Virginia
Gender: Male
I Hail Randy Moss wrote:
Riot Actor 25 wrote:
The racism in this thing is gonna be so over the top. Tarantino's already known for it, but an entire movie about slavery from him?



fucking a right. I can't wait for a long monologue from Calvin Candie before he punishes someone.


Yeah, there's definitely going to be some really disturbing shit in this. Could this finally be the role that earns DiCaprio an Oscar?

_________________
Please listen and vote in the Other Bands Cover Contest.

"Remember back the early days when you were young and thus amazed."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: Django Unchained (Tarantino's "Southern")
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:21 pm
Posts: 3057
Location: Dallas, TX
Riot Actor 25 wrote:
I had heard Idris Elba as Django just recently.

Image

Is Jamie Foxx a done deal? The racism in this thing is gonna be so over the top. Tarantino's already known for it, but an entire movie about slavery from him?


Foxx is official.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: Django Unchained (Tarantino's "Southern")
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Former PJ Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:16 pm
Posts: 19724
Location: Montreal, QC
Gender: Male
Riot Actor 25 wrote:
I Hail Randy Moss wrote:
Riot Actor 25 wrote:
The racism in this thing is gonna be so over the top. Tarantino's already known for it, but an entire movie about slavery from him?



fucking a right. I can't wait for a long monologue from Calvin Candie before he punishes someone.


Yeah, there's definitely going to be some really disturbing shit in this. Could this finally be the role that earns DiCaprio an Oscar?


Good question.

I will always look forward to a new Tarantino movie. I don't love everything he's ever done, but he is one of the best at making entertaining-as-hell movies.

_________________
chud wrote:
Posting! Glorious Posting!

durdencommatyler wrote:
iPones, man. Fuck.


Proud member of: Team Binaural and Team Argo


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: Django Unchained (Tarantino's "Southern")
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Supersonic
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:56 pm
Posts: 13274
Location: PA
diaglo wrote:
Riot Actor 25 wrote:
I had heard Idris Elba as Django just recently.

Image

Is Jamie Foxx a done deal? The racism in this thing is gonna be so over the top. Tarantino's already known for it, but an entire movie about slavery from him?


Foxx is official.

that kinda sucks because stringer bell would've been awesome

_________________
Walking tightrope high over moral ground


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: Django Unchained (Tarantino's "Southern")
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Spacegirl
 Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:54 pm
Posts: 40914
1/2faithfull wrote:
diaglo wrote:
Riot Actor 25 wrote:
I had heard Idris Elba as Django just recently.

Image

Is Jamie Foxx a done deal? The racism in this thing is gonna be so over the top. Tarantino's already known for it, but an entire movie about slavery from him?


Foxx is official.

that kinda sucks because stringer bell would've been awesome

THIS


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: Django Unchained (Tarantino's "Southern")
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
statistically insignificant
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:19 pm
Posts: 25134
skitch patterson thread

_________________
Fortuna69 wrote:
I will continue to not understand


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: Django Unchained (Tarantino's "Southern")
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
trying to make a career out of postwhoring
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:02 pm
Posts: 38119
Location: Alabama
I will watch this.

_________________
I Hail Randy Moss wrote:
Malice, wtf are you doing?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: Django Unchained (Tarantino's "Southern")
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Spacegirl
 Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:54 pm
Posts: 40914
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
I will watch this.

i want to watch this with you, in alabama.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: Django Unchained (Tarantino's "Southern")
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
trying to make a career out of postwhoring
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:02 pm
Posts: 38119
Location: Alabama
Spike wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
I will watch this.

i want to watch this with you, in alabama.


Yeah as fun as that sounds, I don't think so.

_________________
I Hail Randy Moss wrote:
Malice, wtf are you doing?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: Django Unchained (Tarantino's "Southern")
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:07 am 
Offline
User avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:12 am
Posts: 4369
Location: That Night In Toronto
Owl_Farmer wrote:
This is gonna be awesome.


Image

_________________
Your imagination's havin' puppies
it could be a video for the new recruits


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: Django Unchained (Tarantino's "Southern")
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:58 pm 
Offline
Unthought Known
 Profile

Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:46 am
Posts: 6099
It only gets better...

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=79920

Django Unchained Adds Kevin Costner Source: Deadline July 18, 2011


Kevin Costner looks to be joining the cast of Quentin Tarantino's next, Django Unchained, Deadline reports.

The writer/director's revenge-driven "Southern" will feature Jamie Foxx as Django, a freed American slave who teams with a German bounty hunter (Christoph Waltz) to save his wife from Calvin Candie (Leonardo DiCaprio), an evil plantation owner. Costner's role will be that of Ace Woody, a henchman of Candie's responsible for training the slaves to fight. Samuel L. Jackson is also attached to star.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: Django Unchained (Tarantino's "Southern")
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Former PJ Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:16 pm
Posts: 19724
Location: Montreal, QC
Gender: Male
The only thing about this that I don't like so far is the title. Django sounds like the name of a dog.

_________________
chud wrote:
Posting! Glorious Posting!

durdencommatyler wrote:
iPones, man. Fuck.


Proud member of: Team Binaural and Team Argo


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: Django Unchained (Tarantino's "Southern")
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:28 am
Posts: 28541
Location: PORTLAND, ME
Owl_Farmer wrote:
The only thing about this that I don't like so far is the title. Django sounds like the name of a dog.

it makes me think of french guitarist Django Reinhardt.

_________________
Winner, 2011 RM 'Stache Tournament


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: Django Unchained (Tarantino's "Southern")
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:23 pm
Posts: 3721
Location: Canada
If the title is the worst thing about the movie, then we are in for a treat!


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:54 am