Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2554 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 128  Next
 Post subject: XBOX 360
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:48 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Has anyone here pre-ordered this besides me?

So far I have about $300 towards the upgraded release model, and now like $30 towards Perfect Dark Zero.

The release is now only a month away, and I'm already looking forward to Perfect Dark, Call of Duty 2, and Madden 06. Should be sweet, providing all games make it to launch day and are bug-free versions.

Who else will be joining me on the updated Xbox Live?

Post subject: Re: XBOX 360
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:03 pm 
Supersonic

ledbetter10 wrote:
Has anyone here pre-ordered this besides me?

So far I have about $300 towards the upgraded release model, and now like $30 towards Perfect Dark Zero.

The release is now only a month away, and I'm already looking forward to Perfect Dark, Call of Duty 2, and Madden 06. Should be sweet, providing all games make it to launch day and are bug-free versions.

Who else will be joining me on the updated Xbox Live?

its either this or ps3..not sure yet which one to get....

i gotta do research on them i guess

dvds -> http://db.etree.org/lukinman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:08 pm 
Supersonic

i've already paid for mine, can't wait to get it. i also paid for madden, tiger woods and perfect dark.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:38 pm 
Supersonic
 YIM  Profile

If Perfect Dark is as good as Halo then I'll probably try to get one next year. Otherwise, I'm waiting to see what Sony and Nintendo can pull off.

Fear of failure's all you've started,
The jury is in, verdict:
Retarded

Winner of the 2008 STP Song Tournament

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:59 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Got mine preordered long ago. My local EB had a preorder for the preorder - which was awesome. I'm hoping for a midnight sale. I'm definately getting PD0. Probably Kameo and either a sports game or Call of Duty. I'll be anxiously awaiting Oblivion and Gears of War. It sucks that even if you buy the premium version, you'll be spending $150ish just to play PD0 4-player.

PS3 keeps slipping later and later - we won't see it in the states until Holiday 2006 at the earliest. That means Halo3 keeps getting pushed too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:22 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

CopperTom wrote:
Got mine preordered long ago. My local EB had a preorder for the preorder - which was awesome. I'm hoping for a midnight sale. I'm definately getting PD0. Probably Kameo and either a sports game or Call of Duty. I'll be anxiously awaiting Oblivion and Gears of War. It sucks that even if you buy the premium version, you'll be spending $150ish just to play PD0 4-player.

PS3 keeps slipping later and later - we won't see it in the states until Holiday 2006 at the earliest. That means Halo3 keeps getting pushed too.

If they can keep those games supported at launch, and make sure the multiplayer kicks ass, then they can talk as long as they want with Halo 3 to make it perfect..the more features they can pack in that bad boy, and the prettier they can make it look the better!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:10 am 
Banned from the Pit

CopperTom wrote:

I think it would be a mistake if they held Halo just because they want to release it the same day as the PS3. If I were the decision maker, and the game was done, i would release it a month or two before the PS3. Halo is a console seller. If it gets the media attention, and is better than the previous two, it might be enough to finally force some Sony players to jump ship... Microsoft could realistically take the front seat in home entertainment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:11 am 
Got Some

Just finished paying off mine, and pre ordered Kameo and PD0. I may switch Perfect Dark for something else, I'll have to see the early reviews but it looks a little dissapointing so far. The lack of a jump button and some very average feedback from journalists so far have me worried. Also looking forward to Oblivion, Call of Duty 2, NBA2k6 and Madden.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:03 am 
Supersonic
 WWW  Profile

I already did my research and apples-to-apples comparison at gamespot.com.

PS3 all the way 8)
-Sunny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:23 pm 
Got Some

Got mine on pre-order, but they said I'm on the second list and don't really know when they can get to me :cry: At least I almost have it paid off!

PS3 is going to be the better machine, but the wait will be so long and I want Nex-Gen NOW! So I'll probably get that when it comes out, too.

I'm still not sure on the 360 game I want.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:49 pm 
Supersonic

SuneilKumar wrote:

PS3 all the way 8)
-Sunny

woot. im a sony slut for sure. having said that, though, i didnt know call of duty 2 was coming to Xbox 360. the first installment was perhaps the greatest multiplayer game ive ever played.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:09 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

SuneilKumar wrote:

PS3 all the way 8)
-Sunny

Latest I've heard, coming from the local Sony Rep, is that PS3 is going to be scaled back in terms of technolical prowess in order to be more cost effective. I'm taking that with a grain of salt though.

Also spoken was a possible $500 - $700 price point, as is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:11 am 
Got Some
 YIM  Profile

i'm getting both, the systems are coming out a year apart basically so there shouldn't be any problem in saving money for a ps3.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:19 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

they are all sold out until about january in toledo...bestbuy, mediaplay, circuitcity, target ebgames, gamespot...everywhere, its odd....im like number 50 at EB but they arent sure how many are being shipped in each shipment so i might have to wait if its the second shipment

youd think Microsoft wouldnt have this problem with demand

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:11 pm 
Johnny Guitar

Pearl Jam Is Good wrote:
they are all sold out until about january in toledo...bestbuy, mediaplay, circuitcity, target ebgames, gamespot...everywhere, its odd....im like number 50 at EB but they arent sure how many are being shipped in each shipment so i might have to wait if its the second shipment

youd think Microsoft wouldnt have this problem with demand

video game systems are always short-shipped so that they appear to be hot sellers...

I'm not saying that the 360 won't sell well, it's just that this is what is done with every new generation...

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:53 pm 
Force of Nature

CopperTom wrote:
SuneilKumar wrote:

PS3 all the way 8)
-Sunny

Latest I've heard, coming from the local Sony Rep, is that PS3 is going to be scaled back in terms of technolical prowess in order to be more cost effective. I'm taking that with a grain of salt though.

500-700!!! fuck that, its not a computer.

Will lead me to my home

Cygnus....Vismund Cygnus

Post subject: Re: ...
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:15 pm 
Stone's Bitch

DiabloSV wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
SuneilKumar wrote:

PS3 all the way 8)
-Sunny

500-700!!! fuck that, its not a computer.

I think Sony knows they would get flat slaughtered by the 360 if they tried that sort of price point. I expect at least $400, but I'd be surprised if it is more than $500.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:17 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

It's playable in Wal-Marts incase you didn't know. I'll probably check it out this week. Call of Duty demo and video clips.

On a related note, does anyone know for certain if Call of Duty is co-op. I've read (and heard) conflicting reports,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:35 am 
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

Pearl Jam Is Good wrote:
they are all sold out until about january in toledo...bestbuy, mediaplay, circuitcity, target ebgames, gamespot...everywhere, its odd....

when i was in toledo last october for the concert i didn't see a single one of those places, hell i couldn't find a place of business still in business. i couldn't even find a friggin quik-e-mart to pick up tobacco, everything was closed. guess i was lookin' in all the wrong places....

Panties aren't the best thing in the world but they are the closest thing to it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:04 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

I got to see Kameo, Call of Duty and King Kong (all 3 were playable) in action today at the kiosk in Best Buy. I wasn't blown away but I was still very pleased.

Just so you know, I don't think any Best Buy's are running preorders. If you get to the stores extra early, you'll get a number and you'll be good to go.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2554 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 128  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment