Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 228 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: Disney buys Lucasfilm. Episode VII coming in 2015.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:45 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

durdencommatyler wrote:
I think I'd be a really good director for the next installment of the Star Wars saga because, though I've never directed a film in my life, I can make all the Star Wars sound effects with my mouth.

im in. i will produce your star wars movie. That´s it we are going to hollywood.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:45 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

durdencommatyler wrote:
I think I'd be a really good director for the next installment of the Star Wars saga because, though I've never directed a film in my life, I can make all the Star Wars sound effects with my mouth.

im in. i will produce your star wars movie. That´s it we are going to hollywood.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:46 pm 
Got Some

durdencommatyler wrote:
I can make all the Star Wars sound effects with my mouth.

These better be in your RM interview with Jorge.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:17 pm 
Supersonic

turned2black wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I can make all the Star Wars sound effects with my mouth.

These better be in your RM interview with Jorge.

I might have been padding my resume, friend.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:12 pm 
Former PJ Drummer
 WWW  Profile

Lawrence Kasdan, who wrote Empire and Jedi, will be writing Episodes 8 and 9 along with Simon Kinberg, who worked on X-Men First Class

http://www.theverge.com/2012/11/21/3677 ... -star-wars

According to The Hollywood Reporter, writers Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg have agreed to write installments of the new Star Wars trilogy, and they will write either Episode 8 or Episode 9. Kasdan's already got some serious credentials under his belt: he previously co-wrote The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, and Raiders of the Lost Ark. Kasdan's counterpart Kinberg has written titles including X-Men: The Last Stand, Sherlock Holmes, and Jumper. The Hollywood Reporter says that the writers' exact responsibilities haven't been determined yet, and it's unclear if the duo will take on both movies. Regardless, it's exciting news for Star Wars fans who hold the original trilogy in high regard.

The new Star Wars trilogy resulted from the Disney's acquisition of Lucasfilm, announced back in October. Disney plans to release the first of the new trilogy, Star Wars: Episode 7, sometime in 2015. That film will be written by Toy Story 3 and Little Miss Sunshine writer Michael Arndt.

Last edited by dimejinky99 on Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:13 pm 
Former PJ Drummer
 WWW  Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:33 pm 
Former PJ Drummer
 WWW  Profile

Before we all go screaming 'but Kasdan wrote RotJ!' apparently Lucas insisted on disregarding Kasdans ending and changing it to the Ewok bit, Kasdan sis write the emperor/vader/luke scene though. This interference among others was why Kasdan refused Lucas' attempts to get him back involved with the prequels, bit now he's 'gone' he'sgood to get involved again.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:28 am 
Supersonic

Empire and Jedi were also incredibly disjointed designs. What ended up making the former great was a series of elements that forced the film away from the original Lucas treatment. They had to rewrite the ending entirely so Han was in a situation where he might not return, dependent upon Harrison's very mixed feelings, and then Harrison refused to say "I love you" in spite of millions of dollars. Like, "here's a bunch of money. Play Halloween." "yeah, but only by my rules."

Remove those two things, both alterations of the plan, man, and even with a good director you really had about 40 minutes of good film and then....ah...Lucas. Even fucking Lando was substantially expanded in case they needed a stand-in Han replacement in the next film.

Yeah, the throne room scene in Jedi was well done...but it says a lot that the film that was MOST thoroughly yanked out of Lucas's hands is also the best of the series...even if we still kind of sit around shrugging about how many days, weeks or months pass in the middle. So until I hear that the Lucas treatments have been thrown out the goddamn window....I'll assume a little dogshit will be involved in the final product.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 228 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment