Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment

Post subject: (movie) The Comedy
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:37 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Anyone saw this? Im going for it...looks like a pretty savage film.

Post subject: Re: (movie) The Comedy
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:38 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

So, like this thread was a raging success im going to post my review of the movie...it really surprised me.
We all have watched this story before, the depressed man, the hipster, his shallow group of friends...its not new material.
The good part about this movie, besides the acting, was the camera...even if it´s sort of a cliche, there were really nice and touching moments ( some shots of the main actor watching his friends or his father are great) and how we, the viewers, arent above the characters but with them all the time...there is no judgment here for this characters.
Tim Heidecker does such a good job with a such a sad and angry man...there is no sympathy here for this guy, even if there are glimpses of him as a possibly good person..there is no redemption here.

So, another movie about rich hipsters bored with their life? could be. But its also a movie about sadness and depression and fucking loneliness.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:04 pm 
Johnny Guitar

I read a little about this recently. So, Tim Heidecker is actually a decent dramatic actor? That's a pleasant surprise.

EDIT: The trailer looks awesome. Doesn't look like a feel-good movie so I'll probably wind up watching this w/o the girlfriend.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:36 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

griffinxi wrote:
I read a little about this recently. So, Tim Heidecker is actually a decent dramatic actor? That's a pleasant surprise.

EDIT: The trailer looks awesome. Doesn't look like a feel-good movie so I'll probably wind up watching this w/o the girlfriend.
griffinxi wrote:

not a feel good movie..not at all.

Board index » Word on the Street... » Arts & Entertainment