Board index » Announcements

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Website Makeover Questions or Issues
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:01 am 
alot of $$$

gremmieOC wrote:
Pegasus wrote:
gremmieOC wrote:
i see how it is. doesnt it seem odd that xxx can be linked on Pearl Jam's own BBS yet on TSIS it's forbidden? you'd think the band's position on the site would trump yours. but who am i to tell you how to mix your own kool aid?

probably because they they haven't looked at it too closely.. no point in brining it to their attention..

That's patently wrong. I have been in touch with the tenclub; they are well aware of my website and its contents. So much so that they asked me to take down the ed vedder mp3's from the solo tour i had posted. their finger is on the pulse. so while i'm not super psyched you guys won't link to my site, please don't pretend like its for my own good.

This isn't the place for this, but being such a big Pearl Jam fan - why did you just register to the biggest independent Pearl Jam message board to ask to link your Pearl Jam website?

I don't know anything about the people who run this place - but they make absolutely no money off of this (there are no ads as you can see) so I doubt they refuse to link your site out of spite.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:08 am 
Administrator
 WWW  Profile

For the record, I have no problem with another legit PJ site giving a plug here or there. There certainly are people who want to know about other PJ sites. Also, I'm not sure I have any problem with the gremmie site. We do try to shy away from places that host commercial material, so if it's questionable, we might not go out of our way showcase or link to it. That's all. Doesnt mean we dont like the site :D

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:46 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

gremmieOC wrote:
Pegasus wrote:
gremmieOC wrote:
i see how it is. doesnt it seem odd that xxx can be linked on Pearl Jam's own BBS yet on TSIS it's forbidden? you'd think the band's position on the site would trump yours. but who am i to tell you how to mix your own kool aid?

probably because they they haven't looked at it too closely.. no point in brining it to their attention..

That's patently wrong. I have been in touch with the tenclub; they are well aware of my website and its contents. So much so that they asked me to take down the ed vedder mp3's from the solo tour i had posted. their finger is on the pulse. so while i'm not super psyched you guys won't link to my site, please don't pretend like its for my own good.

10c are ok with Birdman sessions? :shock:

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:38 pm 
Banned from the Pit

Buggy I appreciate the response and I understand your position. My thoughts are that the community (leaders? those who run the sites) shouldn't ignore the big pink elephant in the room. Most aren't ignoring it. tenclub message pit, lets me link to the site. touringfans links gremmie.net. pearljamonline.it has. I Am Fuel, You Are Friends has too (Heather's blog). so have a bunch of other sites.

As for the birdman sessions Pegasus - those became, shall we say, declassified a long time ago.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:05 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

gremmieOC wrote:
As for the birdman sessions Pegasus - those became, shall we say, declassified a long time ago.

really? :arrow:
so how come only yesterday a thread asking about it on synergy (not linking to anything) was deleted?

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:13 pm 
Needs to start paying for bandwidth

let's try to keep this thread about questions/issues about THIS website m'kay? :)

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:25 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

conoalias wrote:
let's try to keep this thread about questions/issues about THIS website m'kay? :)

yes sir :D

on my home PC, I can't get the main site to remember my login (it's fine for the forum, and it works at work). I tried deleting cookies, resetting them, etc..but no luck :(

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:55 pm 
Global Moderator

In the chat room, when clicking on a user name in the directory, we used to be able to go to the person's profile by selecting profile but now it takes me to my own profile.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:46 pm 
Stone's Bitch

How come we don't have the "hide" code available if we want to post something so lurkers and non-members can't see?

Ex:
[hide]Lurkers shouldn't be able to see this.[/hide]
It's also like this [hidden][/hidden] at some boards.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:55 pm 
alot of $$$

LongRd. wrote:
How come we don't have the "hide" code available if we want to post something so lurkers and non-members can't see?

Ex:

Why do we need this?

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:07 pm 
Administrator
 WWW  Profile

given2trade wrote:
LongRd. wrote:

Ex:

Why do we need this?

I'm not sure I can think of a good reason.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:16 am 
Stone's Bitch

Buggy wrote:
given2trade wrote:
LongRd. wrote:

Ex:

Why do we need this?

I'm not sure I can think of a good reason.

:oops: I like some privacy when I'm chatting online.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:21 am 
Administrator
 WWW  Profile

LongRd. wrote:

I hear ya. There are times and places for that. But this is a public forum and always has been :)

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:23 am 
alot of $$$

Buggy wrote:
LongRd. wrote:

I hear ya. There are times and places for that. But this is a public forum and always has been :)

Or, explained more crudely -

ANYONE can register for the forum. This isn't an exclusive website. So your 'hidden' text can be read by anyone who has an email address and can come up with a login.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:29 am 
Stone's Bitch

given2trade wrote:
Buggy wrote:
LongRd. wrote:

ANYONE can register for the forum. This isn't an exclusive website. So your 'hidden' text can be read by anyone who has an email address and can come up with a login.

Don't you guys think it's a good option, though?

The only reason I ask is the hide option is...maybe, just maybe...we can have a request/link section? :oops: :shake: I know it's against the rules and I'm a bad boy :cry: .

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:30 am 
alot of $$$

LongRd. wrote:
given2trade wrote:
Buggy wrote:
LongRd. wrote:

The only reason I ask is the hide option is...maybe, just maybe...we can have a request/link section? :oops: :shake: I know it's against the rules and I'm a bad boy :cry: .

:fail: X 10

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:33 am 
Stone's Bitch

given2trade wrote:
LongRd. wrote:
given2trade wrote:
Buggy wrote:
LongRd. wrote:

:fail: X 10

:offtopic:

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:52 am 
Stone's Bitch

Just saw your donation sticky there. Buggy, may I ask how much RM cost to run? :?:

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:15 am 
Administrator
 WWW  Profile

LongRd. wrote:
Just saw your donation sticky there. Buggy, may I ask how much RM cost to run? :?:

Approx $120 a month.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:19 am 
Stone's Bitch

Buggy wrote:
LongRd. wrote:

Approx $120 a month.

:shock: Get the :censored: outta?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next

Board index » Announcements