Board index » Word on the Street... » Release

Post subject: Buenos Aires, Argentina
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:57 pm 
Force of Nature

For anyone from making a trip to Buenos Aires (PJ or non-PJ related), or for any Argentines wanting to revel in your country's very cool capital city, here are a couple photos from a recent trip I took there. I've got some others from a sidetrip up to Salta and Jujuy that I'll post later - hope my attempt at uploading goes alright,
Colin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:24 pm 
Force of Nature

A few more from the town of Salta, in el norte - a really beautiful city tucked away in a valley, with some amazing mountains a short drive away. The central square was all lit up for a commemoration of one of the battles for independence (although I assume it is lit year-round, too).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:31 pm 
Force of Nature

And a few more, from my favorite part of the trip, going up onto the 'puna' (the altiplano area, about 3000m in most places up to 4000m for some of the mountain passes).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:39 pm 
Force of Nature

:shock: i wanna go there! very nice shots colin. i can't even choose a favourite one, they're all awesome! :nice:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:10 pm 
Force of Nature

LivingDoll wrote:
:shock: i wanna go there! very nice shots colin. i can't even choose a favourite one, they're all awesome! :nice:

Thanks! It really is a beautiful country, I have yet to venture south into Patagonia (next on my list) but from the jungles up north on the border with Brazil to the pampas / foothill area by Mendoza, to the NW part up by Chile and Bolivia, it's amazing. And thankfully the economy seems to be doing better than it was 3 or 4 years ago, although it is still not great. A bargain too for anyone travelling with dollars or Euros.

Board index » Word on the Street... » Release