Board index » Word on the Street... » Release




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Dscans' D40 Pics
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:32 am 
Offline
User avatar
$5 Donation Gets Custom Title
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:33 am
Posts: 17101
Can we use this thread to tell me if the Canon 500D is a good place to start for someone who had only ever really used compact digitals?

I think you call it the Rebel T1i in the US.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Dscans' D40 Pics
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 5:58 pm
Posts: 1259
Location: Western Masshole
Gender: Male
zeb wrote:
Can we use this thread to tell me if the Canon 500D is a good place to start for someone who had only ever really used compact digitals?

I think you call it the Rebel T1i in the US.

I personally don't know much about it but I think you'll be fine. I don't hear too many complaints about any Canon or Nikon SLRs. If you have any specific questions about the camera features, how to create a certain effect, or anything else just post them here and someone will respond.

_________________
Paul McCartney told me to never drop names.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Dscans' D40 Pics
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:41 pm
Posts: 1318
Location: Up here in my tree.
Am I too late to answer?

The 500D is the perfect one to start with. I have the 450D, which is basically the older version of the 500D and it's the ideal camera to step into the DSLR world with.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Dscans' D40 Pics
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Red Mosquito, my libido
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:02 am
Posts: 91597
Location: Sector 7-G
My roommate is thinking of buying this camera. Any good for the price range?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Nikon+-+D31 ... ku=1222817

_________________
It takes a big man to make a threat on the internet.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Dscans' D40 Pics
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Former PJ Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:56 pm
Posts: 19957
Location: Jenny Lewis' funbags
cutuphalfdead wrote:
My roommate is thinking of buying this camera. Any good for the price range?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Nikon+-+D31 ... ku=1222817


I got a D3000 last year and i'm happy with it. I think it's a great starter DSLR. The only feature it is missing that i wish it had is the ability to do time-lapses. It can do them but the camera has to be hard wired to a computer which is cumbersome and defeating. I believe this is still the case with the 3100.

Besides that the one beef i have with Nikon is their handling of camera RAW images. They don't use a format that is compatible with Photoshop so you have to use their proprietary (albeit free) software to do your editing. If you don't plan to shoot in RAW then it's not a big deal i guess.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Dscans' D40 Pics
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Red Mosquito, my libido
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:02 am
Posts: 91597
Location: Sector 7-G
MF wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
My roommate is thinking of buying this camera. Any good for the price range?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Nikon+-+D31 ... ku=1222817


I got a D3000 last year and i'm happy with it. I think it's a great starter DSLR. The only feature it is missing that i wish it had is the ability to do time-lapses. It can do them but the camera has to be hard wired to a computer which is cumbersome and defeating. I believe this is still the case with the 3100.

Besides that the one beef i have with Nikon is their handling of camera RAW images. They don't use a format that is compatible with Photoshop so you have to use their proprietary (albeit free) software to do your editing. If you don't plan to shoot in RAW then it's not a big deal i guess.

What is RAW?

_________________
It takes a big man to make a threat on the internet.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Dscans' D40 Pics
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Former PJ Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:56 pm
Posts: 19957
Location: Jenny Lewis' funbags
cutuphalfdead wrote:
MF wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
My roommate is thinking of buying this camera. Any good for the price range?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Nikon+-+D31 ... ku=1222817


I got a D3000 last year and i'm happy with it. I think it's a great starter DSLR. The only feature it is missing that i wish it had is the ability to do time-lapses. It can do them but the camera has to be hard wired to a computer which is cumbersome and defeating. I believe this is still the case with the 3100.

Besides that the one beef i have with Nikon is their handling of camera RAW images. They don't use a format that is compatible with Photoshop so you have to use their proprietary (albeit free) software to do your editing. If you don't plan to shoot in RAW then it's not a big deal i guess.

What is RAW?

It's a digital negative basically.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raw_image_format


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Dscans' D40 Pics
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
statistically insignificant
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:19 pm
Posts: 25134
bump for more Dscans' D40 Pics

_________________
Fortuna69 wrote:
I will continue to not understand


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Dscans' D40 Pics
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:17 am 
Offline
User avatar
Red Mosquito, my libido
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:02 am
Posts: 91597
Location: Sector 7-G
thodoks wrote:
bump for more Dscans' D40 Pics

I bumped for more of your mom's d40 pics.

_________________
It takes a big man to make a threat on the internet.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Dscans' D40 Pics
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 5:58 pm
Posts: 1259
Location: Western Masshole
Gender: Male
This thread reminded me of a period on my life when I had free time. I only take pictures of my son now. I work 60 hours a week and have more maintenance now that I'm a homeowner. Thanks for coming to my pity party.

_________________
Paul McCartney told me to never drop names.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Dscans' D40 Pics
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:16 am 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 5:58 pm
Posts: 1259
Location: Western Masshole
Gender: Male
Image

_________________
Paul McCartney told me to never drop names.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Dscans' D40 Pics
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:03 am 
Offline
User avatar
$5 Donation Gets Custom Title
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:33 am
Posts: 17101
May I?

Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Dscans' D40 Pics
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:04 am 
Offline
User avatar
$5 Donation Gets Custom Title
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:33 am
Posts: 17101
Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Dscans' D40 Pics
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:53 am 
Offline
User avatar
Got Some
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 5:58 pm
Posts: 1259
Location: Western Masshole
Gender: Male
come at my thread, bro

_________________
Paul McCartney told me to never drop names.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Dscans' D40 Pics
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:01 am 
Offline
User avatar
$5 Donation Gets Custom Title
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:33 am
Posts: 17101
:nice:


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Board index » Word on the Street... » Release


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:45 am